• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: DMC 5 & SCVI to be announced at PSX

Why on earth wouldn't SCVI be on Xbox while on every other platform? lol. Some rumour. It can't be a workforce issue since the Xbox version would be practically the same as the PS4 version. Hell, it'd be similar to the PC version. It isn't some exclusivity deal since it's on PS4 and Switch and PC.

Could be partially sponsored by Sony and with Vita being dead for them it's unlikely they see Switch as threat.

ahmapples

Banned
Calling bullshit on no SCVI not being on X1 and I don't even have an X1. That's not happening. It's either gonna be PS4/X1/PC or PS4/X1/PC/Switch. They're not going to put that game on an inferior tech Nintendo platform over excluding it from a Microsoft platform, which was just further boosted by the X1X. Get the fuck out.

Everything else is pretty "safe" and nothing mindblowing here except DMC5 so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be real and why people are freaking out. Nothing here is crazy. Even stuff like TWEWY2 and Mother 3 make sense. TWEWY2 being exclusive isn't shocking or a "blow" to anything either. The original on DS was an exclusive as well and a fairly niche game.. One of my favorite games on it, but doesn't change what I said.

The only leak thus far that's been shocking to me is Syphon Filter being trademarked. That's left field and is massive. Will make a lot of people happy.

Scanna

Isn't this PSX going to be smaller, without a real keynote? I mean these seem like big announcements for something like that.

Even if SCVI were announced for XB1 too, I'd still buy the PC/Steam version. I cant use my 360 stick or mods on the XB1.
I'd so love to see this game. I'd love to see SCIV and V on PC as well.

What? Do you know if developed internally or by someone else like Ninja Theory or Platinum?

I can't think of a better way to take the wind out of the sails of that announcement than "developed by Ninja Theory". Capcom might not be the most competently run publisher, but one would hope they've learned better.

RikuDawn

I refuse to believe this. I don't want to experience the heartbreak I had when Squenix did the TWEWY countdown site and it turned out to just be a mobile port all over again.

Peroroncino

I want to believe it but... there's a threshold of disappointment that I passed a long time ago when it comes to DMC5 so... let's say I'm cautiously optimistic, despite my better judgement.

ArmedReaL

Neo Member
DMC5
s3ou1t.gif

Elios83

They both would be really great announcements.
With DMC5 I hope for a sequel that can capture the atmosphere and charisma of the original which is still unmatched in the series while expanding on the great gameplay of DMC3. No backtracking bullshit like DMC4 and obviously no DMC2.
About Soul Calibur VI they need to go back to what made SC2 great because all the sequels felt a bit off to me. Introducing changes for the sake of changing is never a winning strategy, also don't be light on contents just because the focus nowadays is on online gameplay.

sublimit

Banned
I knew DMC5 was coming but i always kinda hoped that Itsuno was making Dragon's Dogma 2. :(

Well at least after DMC5 comes out there will be more chances for DD2 to happen. I'm happy for all of you DMC fans though!

Unknown?

Calling bullshit on no SCVI not being on X1 and I don't even have an X1. That's not happening. It's either gonna be PS4/X1/PC or PS4/X1/PC/Switch. They're not going to put that game on an inferior tech Nintendo platform over excluding it from a Microsoft platform, which was just further boosted by the X1X. Get the fuck out.

Everything else is pretty "safe" and nothing mindblowing here except DMC5 so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be real and why people are freaking out. Nothing here is crazy. Even stuff like TWEWY2 and Mother 3 make sense. TWEWY2 being exclusive isn't shocking or a "blow" to anything either. The original on DS was an exclusive as well and a fairly niche game.. One of my favorite games on it, but doesn't change what I said.

The only leak thus far that's been shocking to me is Syphon Filter being trademarked. That's left field and is massive. Will make a lot of people happy.
It’s not exactly that unbelievable. Xbox has been hurting for fighting games and at this point Switch is looking like a better platform.

diabl0

Strong suspicion that DMC5 will be there at PSX based on:

1) Itsuno is priding himself to reveal his game this year. He has continually been apologetic about not revealing his title.

2) Rumor had it that DMC was supposed to be revealed E3 straight after the MVCI trailer. IF that huge cocktease with rocket racoon asking for Dantes guns at the end of the trailer wasnt a hint, then god knows.

3) Too much cock teasing from Reuben, Josh (with that mo cap picture) and capcom being "allegedly" pissed off and told them to remove it.

am sure theres alot more. Capcom has sent out their heavy hitters already (RE, MH, SF). Its time to bring their other heavy hitter onto the table (DMC).

Blood Borne

They both would be really great announcements.
With DMC5 I hope for a sequel that can capture the atmosphere and charisma of the original which is still unmatched in the series while expanding on the great gameplay of DMC3. No backtracking bullshit like DMC4 and obviously no DMC2.
About Soul Calibur VI they need to go back to what made SC2 great because all the sequels felt a bit off to me. Introducing changes for the sake of changing is never a winning strategy, also don't be light on contents just because the focus nowadays is on online gameplay.

I totally agree, DMC1 is still unmatched in atmosphere and it's why I slightly prefer it to DMC3 , even though DMC3 has better gameplay.
Surprisingly, the only game to rival DMC1 atmosphere is Bloodborne in my opinion.

Astral Dog

I thought this was the theory since DMC 4? Would make sense, I think.

There’s a theory going around that Nero is Virgil’s son what is everyone’s thoughts on that theory?

I've been waiting for another DMC game for a while. Hopefully it's more like DMC3 which is the best one I think.

That'd be interesting if true.
The Special Edition basically confirms it, anyways thats the worst kept secret in the series, maybe :p

Astral Dog

I totally agree, DMC1 is still unmatched in atmosphere and it's why I slightly prefer it to DMC3 , even though DMC3 has better gameplay.
Surprisingly, the only game to rival DMC1 atmosphere is Bloodborne in my opinion.
Hmmm. We don't know, DMC 1 was influenced by being a RE game at first, later Itsuno added his own personal flavor, i hope it resembles the likes of a combination 1 3 and 4 (the colors) rather than make it less flashy and "moody"

Basically Devil May Cry is DMC and not become Souls lite

Ocirus

You do realize that Soul Calibur 3 was a PS2 exclusive, right?

I'd personally buy the game on both PS4 AND Switch, just so I could get it on my preferred console, with preferred controller, and so I could get Link. He was easily the best guest character in SC2 - and I didn't even have it for GameCube! I played on Xbox with Spawn.

It'd sell like bonkers on Switch. And in terms of the "technically inferior" thing: we're talking about a Soul Calibur game, not exactly something that has ever needed groundbreaking tech. It's not Horizon or Halo. Besides, Zelda and Odyssey look and run great on Switch. This whole inferior tech thing is laughable.

The best part about this leak is supposedly TWEWY2 being in development for the Nintendo Switch. But, unfortunately, that's too good to be true and makes all of this seem fake.

Also, in the thread over on the other forum, a mod/admin confirmed that cboat was a fake account owned by former mods to leak things. Holy shit. That's insane news.
Where have u been, that's not news

Techtonic

Neo Member
Doubt this is true. Capcom don't care enough to make DMC5. They will continue to focus on Street Fighter and Monster Hunter games with Capcom references, ruining Dead Rising and occasionally releasing a good game like RE7.

Neff

The thought of Bandi Namco developing Prime 4 makes me want to vomit.

Namco has some of the most talented guys out there. I'm excited if true.

DMC1 is still the best overall game imo, although DMC4 really shines with its toolset. A mix of both would be the ideal scenario. Not really a fan of DMC3 at all.

Ostrava04

Isn't this PSX going to be smaller, without a real keynote? I mean these seem like big announcements for something like that.

yea agree, reason why I'll still keep my expectations low. One of these announcements would be great already but both would be too good to be true.

thelastword

Banned
Just make sure the rez and IQ is great on consoles..I have more faith in the SC team over the Tekken team for that....Tekken 7 is a looker, but it needed to be sharper. A new DMC is a day one purchase anyway..My goodness Team Ninja, where is my NG4 and NG Sigma Trilogy Remasters? They all better be there....

Astral Dog

yea agree, reason why I'll still keep my expectations low. One of these announcements would be great already but both would be too good to be true.

Namco has some of the most talented guys out there. I'm excited if true.

DMC1 is still the best overall game imo, although DMC4 really shines with its toolset. A mix of both would be the ideal scenario. Not really a fan of DMC3 at all.
Every day brings us closer to that 3D Retro's Donkey Kong game.

Ocirus

Was Nero that popular in DMC 4?

I played all three DMC games as they released, and thoroughly enjoyed playing as both Dante and Vergil, though I'd certainly say Vergil is my preferred Son of Sparda. That said, once DMC 4 came along I absolutely found myself enjoying Nero's playstyle the most. I also definitely love his weapons and outfit visually.

Top Bottom