• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last Guardian Appearing at E3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

It's time.

tlggifdpc7g.gif

Shit's gonna die so hard in this game. Too cute to live.

hohoXD123

Have people not learnt their lesson after the driveclub release date fake tweet? Unless we get multiple independent confirmations of that tweet, it's hardly even a rumour.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I dunno about that tweet but I'm still holding out hope.

I talked briefly with one of the directors of the game "Rain" last year and he mentioned Trico as something he was still very excited for and that Ueda's other games were an inspiration to the creation of Rain. The way he spoke made it sound as if it was very much still alive.
There's no reason to believe it's dead. Sony keeps confirming it's still alive and Yoshida flat out hinted that it's a PS4 game now.

Zephyx

I can't understand that tweet even with the translation. :|

I'm positively hoping it's there. It's about time for its re-reveal, I think.

mo60

Supposed leaks about a trailer being made, rumors about it having been shifted to PS4 since a long time ago, and this being the time to dump on exclusives and keep the momentum going.

I don't think they'll show it unless they've got a date in mind. I don't think they'd do that to us again.

It's the same song and dance for this game and it happens at least every single year for this game.Rumors in the last couple of years have talked about how this game would be shown at x event(like TGS or E3) and it never was shown there. I rather wait until sony's e3 conference to see if this rumor is true, but I will stick with the 0% for now.It may be in development for the ps4 now, but I doubt the team is ready to divert some manpower away from the game and produce a showable tech and/or gameplay demo yet.

Coen

Are there people who still believe that after all the bullshit and stringing along with this game, and after important people on that team leaving, the game disappearing for years at a time, and having to apparently be rescued by Sony's other studios, that this game is going to turn out to be good? How many times has something like this happened and it's turned out to not be a trainwreck?

Not saying I disagree, but Metroid Prime's development was a train wreck of, at the least, equal proportions and that turned out to be a groundbreaking game. Sony's reluctance to outright halt Last Guardian's development has me thinking they must have something there they can build a game of. After all, Sony had no troubles cutting the Stig project and has recently trimmed a lot of the fat from its internal development studios.

There seems to be an update to the story OP.

Update: A user emailed us comparing the font of the deleted tweet [pictured below] and the ones that are actually on Arata’s Twitter feed. And although there is a difference, fonts do look a bit different across different browsers, monitor resolution and devices. For comparison’s sake we took a screenshot of Arata’s Twitter feed and pasted it on his live feed. They sure look similar to us. We are not defending this article. We are only merely stating that fonts look slight varied across different configurations. Again, this is a rumor and it needs to be taken with a grain of salt as usual.
tweet_new.jpg

sub_o

I heard that it's a prequel to Project Beast. The death of the kid in the Last Guardian twisted Toriko so much that it became one of the Defiled Beasts in Project Beast.

The item description on Fallen Toriko's Souls says:
"Once a magnificent creature, but now rendered a mindless beast after the death of its companion. This ancient beast seeks to gather more corpses for the old necromancer"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've said this before.

And I'll say it again.

HYPER DEAD.

Sure, it'll be there.

A black screen where the words "The Last Guardian" in white text comes into focus and slowly fades into a "Coming Soon." The internet loses it's collective shit and we don't hear about it for 5 more years.

Expecting anything more than that and you're setting yourself up for hype failure. Also, you get the bonus of in the case that there IS more than that, you can be even more shocked because you had your bar set super low.

This goes for any other game that has been MIA for years.
I will however lose my shit for Agent. That is like my dream game.

Ratrat

There seems to be an update to the story OP.

Its true but they are still different even here.

Either way we've had a few people already point out that the japanese makes no sense, is inconsistent with the way he usually writes and the tweet doesnt even exist any more. The fact that this is still being discussed is a little embarrassing.

M.Steiner

I get my hopes up for seeing this every time E3 comes around so I'll believe it when I see it heh.
I wants to believe though...

stOex

I think it is safe to say that Zelda is coming, but CASTLEVANIA? SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT 2??? If this is true - Nintendo winner of E3 best lineup yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom