• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: New species/details for ME4 from BW's private fan panel [Content deleted]

The ability to play as any race would be great, I'd almost definitely play Salarian.

However, having that much freedom does mean there will be limitations on the backstory of your character...

Would they include voice acting for a male and female version of every playable race? Sounds like a lot of work.

A lack of a unified backstory makes characterising the "Shepard" you play as more difficult and perhaps less meaningful.

A "stranger in a strange land" device, coupled with the innate power your character has gameplay and story wise, leads me to believe they'll go for something like a tank-bred/clone playable character that does have sufficiently unified backstory and benefactors.

Just my thoughts.

Curiously the guy that posted all this info on the Indoctrination Theory site deleted all his posts and now if you visit the link the entire topic has been deleted.

Dunno what to make of all that. Maybe EA's Lawyers had a word with him or maybe he was just spouting bullshit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Curiously the guy that posted all this info on the Indoctrination Theory site deleted all his posts and now if you visit the link the entire topic has been deleted.

Dunno what to make of all that. Maybe EA's Lawyers had a word with him or maybe he was just spouting bullshit.

Given EA hit GAF when the Mass Effect 3 script leaked, I think an apparent summary of a private session inexplicitly disappearing from a forum does a decent job of enforcing its believability.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed it does. Except when EA made GAF a C&D you guys were very transparent about it.

Tabby

You meet one Krogan you've met them all.
If there's one thing I want from ME4 it's Quarians without their hoods and suits.

Given EA hit GAF when the Mass Effect 3 script leaked, I think an apparent summary of a private session inexplicitly disappearing from a forum does a decent job of enforcing its believability.

Such a stupid thing to do, how can these people have never heard of the Streisand effect?

Just say no comment and ignore it.

I would definitely want a sequel, just make one of the endings canon.

Also, boo at people who picked to get rid of Krogan race. I would love to play as a Krogan, Krogan smash, Krogan kill!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Indeed it does. Except when EA made GAF a C&D you guys were very transparent about it.

Hard to hide stuff on GAF due to size and popularity, so you kinda have to be transparent. In the case however they're a pretty damn small forum by the looks of things. Only 8021 posts in the Mass Effect forum, low activity, and so on. EA probably felt they could throw a C&D at them and nobody would notice.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
On the save customization - is it referring to picking a story file from previous games or is it referring to, say, creating a story file from Mass Effect 4 to use in Mass Effect 5 so the player doesn't have to continually play Mass Effect 4 to see the story twists in Mass Effect 5?

If the latter is the case, I wonder if Shepard and the cycle of the original trilogy will be referenced at all?

MartyStu

Ya think? I stand by my comment. There's no need to trash everyone who worked on it feel crap because the end result was "sub-par" as you say - the point can still be made without being a dick about it.

Only seems particularly dickish if you have a stake in it.

As a whole, I think it is pretty tame. I have seen some VERY nasty things said about Bioware elsewhere.

Especially around the time DA2 was released.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The second new race was described as "Ancient, Advanced, and Guardian". They had a similar color scheme to reapers and they looked like classic fantasy/sci-fi golems. Sleek rocky or metallic bodies with bright glowing lines flowing all over them. Some had fragmented pieces and shattered bits floating in place around them.
I wonder if this is some kind of race that may have been able to go undetected by the Reapers. The idea of "ancient, advanced and guardian" has me believe these beings could possibly have the potential to do so and will play a pivotal role in the upcoming ME.

Man, do I want the Asari to go...I really really want them to go, they're mostly useless apart from being the secksy alien. I haven't seen one Asari I liked throughout the whole trilogy, especially Liara, what with the sticking on Shepard and all.

Top Bottom