• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

From twitter

CqafN1CWYAEkbXZ.jpg:large

Really digging the look of the Slim, very sleek, should fit right into most people's living room setups. Can't wait for some better lit photos in a nicer environment.

I hope the Neo follows a similar design philosophy.

Has this system been switched on yet? I'd be curious to know if there are any system-level alternations in the OS, or whether it ships with new firmware, or whether it's a tad faster running certain games.

I've warmed to the shape of the system - the curved edges are quite nice. It's just a real shame the quality of the plastics just isn't there, it's that horrible low grade, grainy cheap stuff. If it had plastics like the matte plastics on the Apple TV it would be very nice indeed.

I'm also not a huge fan of the "inner" part of the sandwich.

usp84

I love the first slim as much as the next person but I will never hear a bad word about the original (best) PS3.
41uP5SlM8qL._SX425_.jpg

Look at that Sexy beast!

That thing is hideous. I went to a friends place yesterday and he still has this ugly console it scared the hell out of me

Deku Tree

Kinda suspicious that all the pictures stopped and nobody turned it on yet. Especially if the seller had multiple copies for sale as people were saying... Seems like plenty of people nearby would be racing over there to pay way more than the seller was asking for one of these if it was legit.

ViciousDS

Banned
Kinda suspicious that all the pictures stopped and nobody turned it on yet. Especially if the seller had multiple copies for sale as people were saying... Seems like plenty of people nearby would be racing over there to pay way more than the seller was asking for one of these if it was legit.

I would have that this shit hooked up while taking the pictures.....how do people not buy these things and actually use them

JP

Seems crazy to me that Sony isn't using this as a cheap 4K player.
I'd imagine with this machine the goal is to keep the production costs as low as is possible rather than keep the same price as the current machine with the aim of selling them to the "mass market" without increased profit but making more money in the long run due to increasing the amount of people buying them. Less profit on each console but more sales due to a lower price.

If they want a PS4 with a UHD drive, the Neo is far better positioned to do that for them.

I agree. It's not legit to me until i've seen it running - he's got it sat in a media centre ffs, yet we still haven't even seen a lit LED.

pelican

If legit, I wonder if we are also looking at the basic design of the NEO, albeit with some differences.

Also this design will make the HDD covers which Sony sell redundant.

Theman2k

so this is just the slim and not the neo?
did we based that on the fact the naming didn't change on the console and packaging?

StoopKid

Is kinda weird

I am really not feeling that Slim if it's real.

I don't like how they kept the same general shape as the PS4 but rounded the edges. I don't think rounded edges compliment the design anywhere near as well.

I'm also really not feeling that freakin' Ice Cream Sandwich gap, either. Honestly, this Slim would look sooooo much better as it is now - except as a one-piece obsidian slab instead of with that stupid ass bifurcation in the middle.

In the end it's not like it matters. If I ever end up owning a regular PS4 again for some crazy reason, it'll be whichever one is smallest, ugly be damned.

dealer-

I agree. It's not legit to me until i've seen it running - he's got it sat in a media centre ffs, yet we still haven't even seen a lit LED.

Someone in Moss Side is 3D printing these. It's a scam..

Yep, we need more information. I guess there will be more tomorrow.

Eolz

If it's real, damn it's ugly.
I can already imagine even more heating/noise issues than in the regular one too.

So a slim and a 4K model
Interesting, thought they'd do 2 for 1 like the Xbox s but not many people own 4K tvs I guess

I'm still happy with my metal gear PS4 though so I'll pass

I need to buy some 4K tvs this Black Friday though, time to upgrade

So it seems Microsoft caught Sony off guard by including a 4k media drive.

This PS4 slim needs to cost 249 then, not sure the value proposition is worth 299 compared to the base xbox one s

Kazooie

Banned
Moss Side of all places lmao... literally couldn't have thought of a better place.
Just for any non Mancunians - Moss Side is seriously rough. High crime rates, really dodgy estates, high muggings etc. Also one of the pictures of the box looked like it was taken in a corner shop.

I could believe that this is a scam.

So a slim and a 4K model
Interesting, thought they'd do 2 for 1 like the Xbox s but not many people own 4K tvs I guess

I'm still happy with my metal gear PS4 though so I'll pass

I need to buy some 4K tvs this Black Friday though, time to upgrade

Lack of 4K would make this thing even cheaper. We could be seeing $249 PS4s if they cut the BOM down enough.

Boke1879

So it seems Microsoft caught Sony off guard by including a 4k media drive.

This PS4 slim needs to cost 249 then, not sure the value proposition is worth 299 compared to the base xbox one s

I'll happily admit if I'm wrong, but I doubt the 4k player will be the deciding factor when most people purchase any of these consoles.

I mean the PS4 is more expensive than the xb1 now, and has been for a while. Still hasn't made a bit of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom