• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Run the Rock 2020' forms to draft Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson for president

Link.

A campaign committee has formally filed to draft actor and former WWE wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for president.

“Run the Rock 2020,” the name of the official organization, was filed on behalf of Johnson with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Sunday, according to FEC records.

The paperwork was filed by a man named Kenton Tilford under a West Virginia address. Tilford's connection to Johnson and his motivation for filing the organization is not clear.
Johnson has long joked about a White House bid, playing a buff Obama on "Saturday Night Live" and standing in front of podium labeled “The Rock Johnson 2020” on the show in May. But he revealed earlier this year that his run is “a real possibility.”

In an interview with GQ in May, he spoke about how he would take on Trump’s policies, adding that he would like to see better leadership, responsibility and “poise” from the Oval Office.

The actor spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2000 and attended the Democratic National Convention the same year. He has said that he is registered as an Independent.

Lock if old.

Sulik2

He'd be a better president then Trump. Then again most breathing humans on the planet would be better presidents then Trump. If he runs I bet he wins.

strafer

Okay Dwayne, calm down, it was funny for a while but now it's starting to get crazy.

If you win can you pick Arnold as your VP

Vezy6.gif

Sinfamy

Just STOP.
The "Rock" doesn't know anything about politics.
What's his solution to the homeless epidemic, is he for or against single payer healthcare, what is his stance on foreign interventions.
Is he for or against fracking, campaign finance reform, banking regulations and fighting climate change?

We don't know, just another vapid personality that the people want to get behind with no real message, just like the present day democratic party.
This is literally the sad state of the party right now:
DD_fW2eXsAAFIqP.jpg:large

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...s-try-new-slogan-have-you-seen-the-other-guys

Mathieran

Banned
I would love to see him primary trump but that's about it. Don't want to see this shit in general elections. Let's put people in who know what they're doing.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm tired of all these politicians in government! Let's elect an outsider who relates to the plight of the everyday man - like The Rock and Kim Kardashian!

kmfdmpig

Rock's attitude towards Baywatch reviews was modern day presidential.

I came here to post something similar. His Baywatch meltdowns on social media were far from "poised".

Kill me. Seriously fuck Trump for opening this can of worms. Next Kanye will actually run for prez as well.

This! Hopefully many people's takeaway from the disaster of the Trump administration is that it's not a good idea to hire a celebrity with no political experience or viable credentials, not just that Trump in particular was a bad celebrity (although he is).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This isn't even from the Rock. Those saying "This is nothing" are correct because I could do the same thing myself for Dave Chapelle and it would be just as pointless as this.

Top Bottom