• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Run the Rock 2020' forms to draft Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson for president

UberTag

We do this and we have learned nothing as a country, it's funny now but if you look at trumps roots I don't trust anything we do.
Why would you ever expect your country to learn? Has it given you any reason whatsoever to think this is even a possibility?
Expecting America to learn is as delusional as Republicans thinking global warming is an invented hoax.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Interested to see what he's actually got to bring.

At this point it's better than Trump. Would be awesome if he appointed other old wrestlers to other white house positions. I'd love for Rikishi to lay down some stinkface on some fools.

akileese

Saving this for when I see the Rock // Chapelle 2020 adverts.

But it is literally nothing. It was filed by an independent party with zero ties to Johnson himself. It couldn't be more nothing if they tried. This is like if tomorrow I decided to file an organization to draft Tom Hanks as president, or even funnier, Jack Black. It doesn't mean they're running. It just means someone is trying to poke and prod them into running.

Can we at least get the textbook definition of what drafting is in the OP so people don't think this is Johnson himself filing to run? There appears to be a good deal of that in this thread.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Become? That's one of the few things we've actually accomplished with flying colors in recent times.
I disagree. Trump is a big problem but only when this shitshow continues with bad actors or rappers becoming president, its confirmed that the US are no longer a country to be taken seriously.
I am confident that what happens in 4 yours in whats going to determine the future of the states. Trumps mess can be repaired IMO.

I disagree. Trump is a big problem but only when this shitshow continues with bad actors or rappers becoming president, its confirmed that the US are no longer a country to be taken seriously.
I am confident that what happens in 4 yours in whats going to determine the future of the states. Trumps mess can be repaired IMO.

I don't know what bad acting or rapping has to do with it but Trump has been a bad actor, go look up his IMDB if being a bad actor is somehow the determinant for you.

I mean the Rock would be absolutely horrible for president but still not worse than Trump. As far as I know the Rock isn't a racist fuck and doesn't have conflicting financial self interests like Trump has. He's also a far more charismatic person than Trump

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

We already have a WWE Hall of Famer as POTUS. Might as well get a better one to replace him. Should run with Stone Cold as his VP to really get all the marks.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Vezy6.gif
Perfection

Well, just have him run as a Republican. Can't be worse then what that party has anyway.

But replacing your first reality tv President with your first wrestling / movie star President. USA will be the laughing stock of the world for a few more years.

finley83

Banned
Eh, shoot. Why the hell not at this point.

The Rock as president with Arnold as his VP.

I can enjoy that.

Honestly Arnold is legitimately one of the better Republicans at this point (pro gay marriage, campaigns about climate change and repeatly supported legal marijuana) and he actually has legitimate policial experience, however questionable his record in California.

I think this debacle has shown the need for actual policial experience as a prerequisite to the White House. Climate change won't solve itself and there isnt time to fuck around with gameshow presidents.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If, god help us, the next POTUS has to be someone rich and I hope it's George Clooney.

Ideally the world will return to sanity and someone with an actual record of public service will reach the White House.

Honestly Arnold is legitimately one of the better Republicans at this point (pro gay marriage, campaigns about climate change and repeatly supported legal marijuana) and he actually has legitimate policial experience, however questionable his record in California.

I think this debacle has shown the need for actual policial experience as a prerequisite to the White House. Climate change won't solve itself and there isnt time to fuck around with gameshow presidents.

Arnold is a garbage politician. Fuck him.

Ogodei

The Rock is at least supposed to be pleasant to work with and has a strong work ethic, but if that's enough to qualify presidency, most of my coworkers at my job would be equally qualified.

the Rock stands for nothing politically,
love him as a Wrestler/ Performer/ Actor

but his political comments have been nothing but vague slogans, generic lines and doesn't really stand on any issue to be able to pin point what he believes in.

He is a Schwarzenegger Republican at best without taking any stance on any issue

Maybe the US should have figurehead candidates with vice presidents being real politicians. The people have proven almost half of them are too ignorant to vote for actual politicians.

Top Bottom