• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia in secret plan to save Earth from asteroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
You know for all the scaremongering, the chances of the asteroid hitting earth range from 1/37 chance to a 1/250000 chance (University of Hawaii). You have more important things to worry about.

NukeOrbit.jpg

EDIT-My avatar and the pic I posted made me LOL.

Meadows said:
You know for all the scaremongering, the chances of the asteroid hitting earth range from 1/37 chance to a 1/250000 chance (University of Hawaii). You have more important things to worry about.

That's quite a range. The lower end of that range is rather good odds when we're talking end of the world type stuff as well.

1/250000 is much more comforting.

Meadows

Banned
Fenderputty said:
That's quite a range. The lower end of that range is rather good odds when we're talking end of the world type stuff as well.

1/250000 is much more comforting.

That 1/37 figure was changed later on by NASA though, currently it's a Level 0 on the Torino Impact Scale which is defined by: "The likelihood of a collision is zero, or is so low as to be effectively zero. Also applies to small objects such as meteors and bodies that burn up in the atmosphere as well as infrequent meteorite falls that rarely cause damage."

DarkKyo

"There won't be any nuclear explosions," Perminov said. "Everything will be done according to the laws of physics. We will examine all of this."
Lol so the laws of physics no longer apply to nuclear explosions I guess.

Jal

According to the NatGeo program i was watching earlier it's going to land in the sea somewhere near California, best for them they just leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom