• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — Strider Trailer & Developer Message - Releasing Q1 2024

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

You cannot kill God, just as you cannot get rid of the sky above… But their god was turned off. Hundreds were released from sinister bliss. But how many of them were asking for it? We’ve brought a few pieces to fit into your puzzle, stalkers!

Pre-order now: https://www.stalker2.com/

y3MoZUa.png

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
ooof. I can't even imagine making a game during war.
Especially that it's a game focused around ukraine, russia and russian guns.
Like ooof.

My perspective on this as a polish guy might be different but I want nothing to do with eastern war themes in a long time....
I will try to overcome that because stalker 1 was fantastic

Last edited:

Stafford

This looks fantastic, especially the character models. I wonder how old that build at GC was, because that just didn't look great at all, like a huge downgrade. Or maybe this new trailer is from one bad ass PC?

Trailer really didnt do anything for me. Cant try the first game on console.

Just going off everyone else's hype at this point. I'll try it.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That lip syncing and facial animation is honestly incredible, holy shit.

I really hope they can maintain that same level of quality for non-English audio, e.g. Ukrainian.

clarky

Gold Member
yes! almost time to sub for a month of game pass again...

Each to their own and all that but if it reviews well then they'll be getting a purchase out of me, i can't imagine developing a game while your country is being invaded.

You dont see this lot moaning about crunch.

Last edited:

Zuzu

I'd like to see 10-15 minutes of uncut gameplay running on consoles. Anyway, those character models look excellent.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know why so many devs think that characters talking to me in FPS is compelling stuff. I just want to see the game being played. These videos indicate to me that a lot of the game will be spent in such situations, standing around watching some dude yap at me. That isn't what I buy a FPS to experience.

tmlDan

I don't know why so many devs think that characters talking to me in FPS is compelling stuff. I just want to see the game being played. These videos indicate to me that a lot of the game will be spent in such situations, standing around watching some dude yap at me. That isn't what I buy a FPS to experience.
devs dont make games for you personally, if you want that make it yourself.

StereoVsn

It’s not going Epic exclusive on PC, right?

As to bullshots vs real, meh, I don’t play Stalker games for amazing graphics. The world, storytelling, characters, environment, mods are what’s important.

Kupfer

Day 1. for this. Been waiting years. Hopefully still has massive inventory system and stats, bullet drop, ballistics, simulation aspects and hasn't been dumbed down to appease cod fans.
Hoping for the same but definitely not day one these days.

It’s not going Epic exclusive on PC, right?

As to bullshots vs real, meh, I don’t play Stalker games for amazing graphics. The world, storytelling, characters, environment, mods are what’s important.
Did we even see real gameplay yet? I don't think so, besides the leaked gameplay which was ... ok

Last edited:
I don't really get it. Why add / change the HUD?
So are these bullshots which try to make the costumer think how the game will look like and in reality it will probably be worse?
That is concerning. I hope they aren't dumbing it down for the xbox/console market. Stalker was pc only game . Why hide health. They didn't turn it into halo/gears with regenerating health when you go behind cover, and only 2 weapons.
Stalker had massive inventory, different guns, and melee weapons, armors and artifacts. You had a life bar and ate food or syringes for health. Metro already fills that void, stalker was its own thing.

Not day 1 until i know more.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Hoping for the same but definitely not day one these days.

Did we even see real gameplay yet? I don't think so, besides the leaked gameplay which was ... ok
I mean that’s why we wait for reviews/YouTube info, etc…

I am hoping for this to be good, but preordering games now days is silly.

Kupfer

That is concerning. I hope they aren't dumbing it down for the xbox/console market. Stalker was pc only game . Why hide health. They didn't turn it into halo/gears with regenerating health when you go behind cover, and only 2 weapons.
Stalker had massive inventory, different guns, and melee weapons, armors and artifacts. You had a life bar and ate food or syringes for health.

Not day 1 until i know more.
I know S.T.AL.K.E.R. very well and love it for what it is, even the janky parts of its' engine. Everything fits the atmosphere and makes the games stand out even 15 years later.
But like you said, and what I also said before, I hope they won't sacrifice the soul of game for the sake of todays wider CoD-bro audience.

Last edited:
Cries in AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 16GB RAM and Nvidia RTX 3050Ti laptop :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Hope it won't catch fire...

In other news : i hope that this will be on par with the Metro games (especially Exodus) when it comes to atmosphere/graphics and gunplay.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I’ve no idea why you think these can’t be handled on consoles.
It can but most folks on consoles seem to prefer simplified interfaces which is understandable with a controller. It can be done, see BG3 or Pathfinder WotK as an example, but its a lot more clunky.

Hugare

I don't really get it. Why add / change the HUD?
So are these bullshots which try to make the costumer think how the game will look like and in reality it will probably be worse?

Reminder that this is how the game looks during gameplay (no bullshots)

A far cry from the reveals graphically, but seems like it will still be fun

Top Bottom