• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Going through Amazon. Have to wait 3 days, so I can time it up properly for system to system transfer.

Been screwed too many times by eBay/PayPal. Fuck 'em.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So how will I be able to copy my data to my new PS4 Pro if I do a trade in with Gamestop or Best Buy?

Gin

anyone know what happens to your ps+ games you have downloaded on your original PS4?

Can you transfer them to PS4 Pro ???

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can anyone link me to the Amazon trade in page? Having trouble finding it on mobile and I'm having no luck selling it through other means.

whats this? EB games? Or Ebay? If its EB Games I am guessing this isn't in the US then.

Interested in this as well

anyone know what happens to your ps+ games you have downloaded on your original PS4?

Can you transfer them to PS4 Pro ???

You can always redownload anything you've "purchased" because it's in your library. Just as long as you have a ps+ Subscription from my understanding. Otherwise how are you supposed to keep 12 months of free games on the system
-------

What's the best offers you guys have found from retailers? An electronics exchange store offered me $150 since I still have the box.

majik13

Interested in this as well

You can always redownload anything you've "purchased" because it's in your library. Just as long as you have a ps+ Subscription from my understanding. Otherwise how are you supposed to keep 12 months of free games on the system
-------

What's the best offers you guys have found from retailers? An electronics exchange store offered me $150 since I still have the box.

For trade in, best I found is Amazon, if you have 2 controllers, you can say it was the Controller bundle. you get $204. If its still available next week I might do that.

Favorite thing about the pro is that I'm sniping a PS4 off my friend for 175! I didn't want to pay full price for one cuz I'd only play a handful of games. My point is: ask a friend if they're looking for a ps4! You'll get a better deal IMO.

Spasm

Does anyone know the logistics of transferring save games? I'm in no hurry to upgrade (no 4k TV yet), so I can wait for the best deal. But I am worried that if I take it to, say, GameStop, I won't be able to copy the saves over. Does PS4 have cloud saving, like Xbox?

Anyone trading an Xbone in? Amazon looks like a bit over $100 for the standard 500gb with a controller but $30 more for a refurb. How would AZ know if mine was a refurb or not?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Right now my local GameStop is offering $150 credit for my PS4. They keep telling me to wait until the week of to trade it in.

I hope I get at least $150.

splattered

I was told to wait until the week of for gamestop too, they said there may be a trade in deal but he doesn't know for sure yet...

Right now my local GameStop is offering $150 credit for my PS4. They keep telling me to wait until the week of to trade it in.

thats what mine told me too

He said that they were only giving 100 before PSVR and it went up for that. Wasn't sure if the same value would just hold through or if they'd raise it again

CSX

Got a 1TB PS4. Looking to trade it in. I just put it up on craigslist for $250 but just saw that amazon link. Should I wait out on craigslist or just do the amazon trade in for $200? Or are there any options?

majik13

Got a 1TB PS4. Looking to trade it in. I just put it up on craigslist for $250 but just saw that amazon link. Should I wait out on craigslist or just do the amazon trade in for $200? Or are there any options?

Im not sure Amazon takes the 1TB model, I dont see it listed, but maybe I didnt find it, and if you dont put the exact model in the box that is listed in the trade in(if you select a 500GB trade in), they might decline it once they get it and see it is different. Thats what the guidelines say anyways.

My strategy was to walk into the Game Stop and trade it in for the $150 they gave me, buy $150 in SteamBux and the drive home and pre-order the PS4 Pro on Amazon.

Does it not need to go directly towards a Pro? They just give GS credit? And can SteamBux be used as cash on Amazon?

My strategy was to walk into the Game Stop and trade it in for the $150 they gave me, buy $150 in SteamBux and the drive home and pre-order the PS4 Pro on Amazon.

Smidget

Anyone know the best way to transition when gamesharing? Primary console of my brother's and mine is the one I sign in with. I guess key is deactivating the console itself before selling?

Have a 2TB in mine and using my old 500GB as external storage on XB1. Guess I'll delete games from that on XB1, get the 2TB in the Pro and put the 500GB in my PS4 and try to see where the best place is to unload it.

I preordered the PS4 Pro from Target since it is 10% off with wishlist coupon and 5% more with Redcard.

Smidget

Joining in on the "GS employee told me to wait until week of to trade in" bandwagon.

I was told to wait until the week of for gamestop too, they said there may be a trade in deal but he doesn't know for sure yet...

thats what mine told me too

Or this might be better lol

Banned
Likely trading in my Wii U and all accessories and amiibo with my OG PS4. Should pay off the Pro in full.

Don't forget about the buy sell trade thread here. I'm sure you could find some gaffers willing to buy systems and accessories.

Filth

Just sold my launch ps4 500 gigs with call of duty black ops for 250 dollars using facebook buy/sell. Took 45 minutes 85 people viewed it and i had 4 offers. Not only was it fast and convenient but they dont charge you anything when you make a sale. very very convenient

I have it preordered on Amazon..

Whats the situation looking like on ps4 pro stock? Think I can walk into a store and buy it day one with no preorder?

If so I'll cancel when I see the trade in deals at GS and BB.

morpix

Gonna sell mine with a game or two on our local auction site in NZ. Should cover half the cost of the Pro. So I'm happy with that.

Gamerman1

Can't trade my PS4. It is modded underneath. Hole was cut out over the fan and nice fan grill with rubber grommets was installed so cold air gets sucked directly into the fan. Also threw some MX-4 thermal compound on the cpu. Yeah I could get a bottom shell somewhere probably but ehhh.

Arttemis

Amazon accepted my launch PS4 +extra controller as the bundle (I didn't buy them as a bundle)

So I got $204 for that

PRO is paid off

This seems like the best deal I can find. I was hoping to get $200 for the system, and this is exactly what I asked for...

I was thinking I'd just buy the Pro, do the data transfer between the two consoles, then sell the original system. Think it'll still be $180+ at that time?

EDIT - Does this work with any PS4 with two controllers? I only bought a regular PS4 with one, but I have a second one I would include for $204.

I'm gonna sell my on craigslist for $175 cash. I work for a company where I can get a ps4 pro for $350 so any trade in credit is worthless to me. I'll be $175 out of pocket after the sale. Seems like a good deal.

For trade in at amazon, does the HDMI and headset count as accessories? I have the HDMI cable but the headset fell victim to a dog lol.

Gamerman1

Amazon care if the warranty seal is voided? I wouldn't think so as the console is well beyond warranty. Assume they just care if everything works.

Top Bottom