• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

antitrop

What I'm most excited for about this over Shinovi Versus is the improved loading times on PS4.

I feel like 30-40% of my time with SV was staring at the loading screen.

What I'm most excited for about this over Shinovi Versus is the improved loading times on PS4.

I feel like 30-40% of my time with SV was staring at the loading screen.

in the japanese version i've finished , the loading times were really short , except 1 level that is probably the biggest in the game and even that one didn't take that long to load.

On that aspect , it's a LEGIT improvement

Had to go back to ebgames cause they gave me the Vita version instead of the ps4 then they gave an Arslan Warriors DLC for my SW4E instead of the bonus pre-order DLC lol

pariah164

Had to go back to ebgames cause they gave me the Vita version instead of the ps4 then they gave an Arslan Warriors DLC for my SW4E instead of the bonus pre-order DLC lol
God, do I miss EB Games here in the states. Though that is a hilarious (yet frustrating) fuck up.

T-minus one hour and counting till life and hometown are mine once more.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's here.

CdmcJwDW4AQkfkI.jpg:large

I need to get off work already!!! But then again I doubt I'm going to unwrap the game anytime soon cause The Division is taking all my free time.

JC Lately

Dang it, forgot to pick up a PSN card last night. I could be downloading it right now. Ugh.

It occurs to me I never actually finished Burst or DC. Maybe I should get on that before playing this one. Still going to buy it right away though; happy to contribute to its day one sales :)

Already got my EU copy today from Marvelous and it's pretty fun so far. :)

I did notice that performance during the first few chapters on Vita was worse than general performance from SV, which I assume is because they developed the game for PS4 first. It seemed to get better with the first Asuka and Renka fights though, so I hope it stays like that for the most part.

Demoskinos

Curious. Does the English version have the special OVA inspired missions or the extra tag side stories that they added in the JP release?

God, do I miss EB Games here in the states. Though that is a hilarious (yet frustrating) fuck up.

T-minus one hour and counting till life and hometown are mine once more.

Yeah lol Its not too bad, there was a long line and there was only one person working so I can understand the mistake, I'll call in later for my SW4E bonus pre-order xD

In other news, all the pain was worth it, the goddess has blessed me.

#TEAMYUMI

SerTapTap

Does anyone who understood the Japanese release/who has played more than chapter 2 know if
Yozakura stops talking like an over-excited teen and goes back to normal? She was my fav in SV and the personality shift thing is funny at first but outside of combat I haven't liked her yet in this game.

Haruka is great! You cray.

You haven't seen the chapter in english yet, if I'm not mistaken. It's real bad. And her shtick just gets really old IMO, in fact I'm starting to get tired of Katsu too. Ryouna's the one perv I'll never get tired of because she's so unique and special. Haruka is like, the standard perv-factor that I kinda wish they'd keep out of SK, like Hanzo.

It's out now, 9.6GB on PS4 and 3.1 on Vita. Supposedly there is a large patch as well.

It's like 5GB more installed so probably around that much to download. It's all the updates to the Japanese game (a new game mode, balancing, several characters including Rin and Dai for free, a bunch more puru puru finishes, 3D model for shopkeeper)

Anyone know if there is unlocks and whatnot? Like special moves, characters, clothes accessories etc?

You learn more moves as you level up, and you can buy clothes/accessories/art for money earned in game.

Did they lift the twitch streaming ban for the NA version?

Crap, I explicitly asked Xseed about that (they couldn't comment) but I forgot to try it myself.

SerTapTap

Wait, when you said yes did you mean the PS4share feature ban or the twitch one? The twitch ban was removed like, a week after it was instated. They thought the game was a VN, their fuckup. But the PS4share restriction stayed indefinitely that I was aware of. Can anyone test that? If not I'll test it when I get home.

Demoskinos

Does anyone who understood the Japanese release/who has played more than chapter 2 know if
Yozakura stops talking like an over-excited teen and goes back to normal? She was my fav in SV and the personality shift thing is funny at first but outside of combat I haven't liked her yet in this game.

You haven't seen the chapter in english yet, if I'm not mistaken. It's real bad. And her shtick just gets really old IMO, in fact I'm starting to get tired of Katsu too. Ryouna's the one perv I'll never get tired of because she's so unique and special. Haruka is like, the standard perv-factor that I kinda wish they'd keep out of SK, like Hanzo.

It's like 5GB more installed so probably around that much to download. It's all the updates to the Japanese game (a new game mode, balancing, several characters including Rin and Dai for free, a bunch more puru puru finishes, 3D model for shopkeeper)

You learn more moves as you level up, and you can buy clothes/accessories/art for money earned in game.

Crap, I explicitly asked Xseed about that (they couldn't comment) but I forgot to try it myself.

No I haven't but But her shtick has been the same forever. And I've always liked her. Her side story in Bon Appetite and Shinovi versus are both hilarious. And I literally don't know how anyone can hate Katsu even if she isn't their favorite.

Yasumi

Banned
$35 CDN off retail price was too tempting, so I grabbed the digital PS4 version. Will get the physical Vita version when it isn't $64.99 + tax.

xRaizen

Got mine in a yellow envelope packaging and they stuck it into the mailbox :/ now the bottom left corner is dented and the middle left front of the cover has a crease.

Getting a replacement on Thursday.. oh well :/

ChrisDM

My original plan was to wait until Shinovi Versus comes out on Steam and then beat that and play Estival. However, the temptation is too real right now and I really want to pick up Estival and support.

I've heard really mixed opinions both in this topic and in the community thread regarding how to approach the series. Some say you should play every game to understand Estival, others have said to just play Shinovi, and then others say read the character wiki pages to prepare and you'll be fine since all you need is an understanding of the characters themselves.

Of course, I'm sure each would give a different level of understanding and appreciation. I'm feeling a bit torn here though hahah. Any further advice from this awesome fanbase? Thought I'd post this here as well since this topic is quite active right now. Hope that's okay! :)

Amiibro

Got mine in a yellow envelope packaging and they stuck it into the mailbox :/ now the bottom left corner is dented and the middle left front of the cover has a crease.

Getting a replacement on Thursday.. oh well :/

My Vita version had some minor creases from the crappy bubble envolpe but the PS4 version got beat up bad. How did you talk them into a replacement? Are they sending one first?

xRaizen

My Vita version had some minor creases from the crappy bubble envolpe but the PS4 version got beat up bad. How did you talk them into a replacement? Are they sending one first?

The lady didn't understand me at first, asking me if the product inside was damaged, told her noooo this is a collector's item and she's like OHHH okay and then put me on hold. After a minute she had a replacement order set for me with a package notice (to make the people in the warehouse package the item better). Also gave me a shipping label to return my damaged one.

But yeah mine got beat up pretty bad. You'd think they would send it in a box or something :/

Top Bottom