• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Alfebit

Banned

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Imouto

Banned
You guys only make the wait more painful, lol.

On the side note, I followed Kenichiro twitter and discovered this. For a card game about Life and Hometown, isn't it way too tame? That Murakumo is such a cutie.

Vylash

You guys only make the wait more painful, lol.

On the side note, I followed Kenichiro twitter and discovered this. For a card game about Life and Hometown, isn't it way too tame? That Murakumo is such a cutie.

New Wave is really bad so i'd forget about it

SO ALL OF YOU ARE NEW PLAYERS ?

Enjoy the game guys , it's really AMAZING on all fronts.

I dunno what i expected , but this game was so addictive much more than i anticipated.

Story is fun and goo , individual stories are funny. battle systemwas fun to play , the customisation was spot-on and the music .. oh the music

That was good. i almost want to buy it again..
>My mind is already looking at estival versus<

Bless the LIFE , my HOMETOWN need me !

Imouto

Banned
New Wave is really bad so i'd forget about it

Is it really that bad? Or it's just your usual card game?

Story is fun and goo , individual stories are funny. battle systemwas fun to play , the customisation was spot-on and the music .. oh the music

That was good. i almost want to buy it again..
>My mind is already looking at estival versus<

Oh yes. I can't say about everything else since I haven't played the game yet, but the music gets me every time.

Give us your impression on Estival Versus if you plan to import it, please :p.

Answering because why not ?

People who have played this game before -- does it play more like a musou or is it sort of like an action game in terms of depth? Can you give me some sort of gameplay impressions/comparisons? It'd really help me figure out if I'm going to throw money at XSEED next Tuesday!
It's a light musou game.
The main difference is that your path is linear and thus don't have to move toward a specific place to move on the story. That does mean that you have to clear the room /area to proceed.
Other than that they are very similar , except that SK has a much more strong focus on aerial attacks and it's all about knowing what your character does to maximize your combo hit.Getting combos out is not that hard, however most of the bosses won't go down easily ( unless you do overpowerer them in specs )
There is a leveling system in place after all
How deep is the combo system? I know I found myself wishing for a lot of things in DW8 that weren't there. I always say Yaiba is a musou with an action game's combat... if that's kind of what SK:SV is, I'm probably going to like it...

Not deeper than in DW. it's about the same really . There is one mecanic that is the "launcher" attack that is at the end of certain combo that launch one or more ennemies in the air where you can continue attacking, you can then air dash in their direction to continue attacking. In the air you can launch again , to keep your group of ennemies in the air you just have to match the timing of your dash , you can continue as long as your ennemy body doesn't touch the ground ( even if the ennemy HP bar is empty ) and as long as you got the timing for the dashes right.
99% of the strong attacks can be HOLDed so that when released and it connects , it becomes a "launcher" too .

Overall it's all about the feeling of the character and how broken their attack properties are.

Is it really that bad? Or it's just your usual card game?
Usual

Oh yes. I can't say about everything else since I haven't played the game yet, but the music gets me every time.

Give us your impression on Estival Versus if you plan to import it, please :p.

Music was pretty awesome.
It was good at first and then as i reach more of them in the story i got hooked. ( That duel theme is soo good )

And yeah i'll probably import estival. shinobi versus story really was that much better than i anticipated.

pariah164

According to someone on another forum:

Gamestop already has the game. At least where I live. I was there with a few friends today & I kid you not, I saw them taking out like four copies from a box putting them in the case behind the counter locking it. I was standing there shocked slightly upset I knew I couldn't get mine.
So, I guess I'll give my Gamestop a ring tomorrow and ask 'em.

JPS Kai

BELIEVE. I'm so hype for this game it's not even funny.

Some Vita games have gotten their street dates lifted in the past, however I can't think of any XSeeD titles that had. The last Vita game I recall getting early was Dead or Alive 5+, but anything could happen.

Kolma

So I've had burst for a good while but never beat it.
How much story is there in it? Will the syllabus or this game catch me up or should I power through it before Amazon ships it to me?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So I've had burst for a good while but never beat it.
How much story is there in it? Will the syllabus or this game catch me up or should I power through it before Amazon ships it to me?

The Story in Burst is fairly lengthy, but it's pretty well told. You should try to complete it. At the very least, I'd complete the Hebijo campaign. You don't NEED to beat it to enjoy SV from what I understand, but it's probably a good idea.

I cheaped out on the shipping so this is the estimate I have.

October 20, 2014 - October 24, 2014

=(

Might as well grab Burst now, I could probably shoot through it in two weeks or less.

Kolma

I cheaped out on the shipping so this is the estimate I have.

October 20, 2014 - October 24, 2014

=(

Might as well grab Burst now, I could probably shoot through it in two weeks or less.

Least you have one, Amazon still tells me
"We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time."

Kolma

The Story in Burst is fairly lengthy, but it's pretty well told. You should try to complete it. At the very least, I'd complete the Hebijo campaign. You don't NEED to beat it to enjoy SV from what I understand, but it's probably a good idea.

I only have chapter 1 completed and remember none of it!
I will restart the game and try to get it done quick

Kolma

Decided to chat up with Amazon about when I should be expecting it...
So they went ahead and just gave me free 2 day shipping...
(This isn't the first time they've done this for me)

Decided to chat up with Amazon about when I should be expecting it...
So they went ahead and just gave me free 2 day shipping...
(This isn't the first time they've done this for me)

Heh, I called them and they were like "We don't have any in stock and you preordered too late, if we get a second shipment we'll send you one." I preordered in June wtf...

And the awesomeness of that unboxing gets dimished a bit by the game getting put out on eBay.
Well AT LEAST they're not scalping it for hundreds of $$$.

It also appears to be the same person who made that unboxing video. It says he has 10 copies, with 1 already sold.

I guess the thing to take away from this is that its looking more and more likely that for those of us who ordered to pick up in store, we should be able to get it on Tuesday.

Hopefully :/

Phlebas

Banned
Heh, I called them and they were like "We don't have any in stock and you preordered too late, if we get a second shipment we'll send you one." I preordered in June wtf...

this reason is exactly why I like to place orders in store, I haven't been screwed over yet.

fedexpeon

Banned
Now I'm worry.

I'm not sure why you are asking.

Because I saw the gameplay.
I didn't see anything that a 12yrs old wouldn't have seen already in his short life.
Have you been to VEVO music page....geezus, a lot a lot a lot of skin and sexual act.

Kolma

That's... messed up...
I ordered mine on August 26th...
Try talking to them via the chat not phone.

Thankfully demand for this game isn't super high.. we wouldn't want another Wizard's Edition disaster. (still have yet to buy the game cause of it)

That's... messed up...
I ordered mine on August 26th...
Try talking to them via the chat not phone.

Thankfully demand for this game isn't super high.. we wouldn't want another Wizard's Edition disaster. (still have yet to buy the game cause of it)

Yea I already paid for it in Amazon gift cards, may switch my Samurai Warriors at GS to get it & use the gift card on SW

Imouto

Banned
I didn't see anything that a 12yrs old wouldn't have seen already in his short life.
Have you been to VEVO music page....geezus, a lot a lot a lot of skin and sexual act.

The problem is when it come to games, anything you saw in Senran Kagura are deemed as "M", or people would get worked up over the sight of fake boobs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am so going to use the reverse cover.
BTW...why is this rated M and not T?
The fanservice is MUCH greater compared to Burst. You can actually strip underwear (granted, still censored, but still) & some of said underwear is a lot more revealing this time around. Plus you have a lot more control over the customization in the dressing room....among other things.

According to someone on another forum:

So, I guess I'll give my Gamestop a ring tomorrow and ask 'em.
I almost feel like going to mine today after class, but part of me knows they won't have it...or they won't break the street date.
Something something America. Though to be fair, this (& Burst) was rated D in Japan, which is the same as a M rating.

bobawesome

The fanservice is MUCH greater compared to Burst. You can actually strip underwear (granted, still censored, but still) & some of said underwear is a lot more revealing this time around. Plus you have a lot more control over the customization in the dressing room....among other things.

I stumbled upon a post in another thread that showed an accessory being used to make a bush. The M rating is deserved if only for the filthy things
I and
others will come up with.

flohen95

Something something America. Though to be fair, this (& Burst) was rated D in Japan, which is the same as a M rating.

I'm actually surprised that Burst got a T. Even when SV has more fanservice, considering that Burst got a 16 by both PEGI and USK who are usually more lax than the ESRB when it comes to sexuality, I'd have expected it to get the M rating in the first place.

PEGI actually gave the exact same rating to SV as they did to Burst, with only the additional notification that you can interact with other players online. USK hasn't rated it yet I think.

Imouto

Banned
A little OT but Famitsu has the rough drawnings for the PS4 & PSV premium boxes of Estival Versus. They look great.

Gosh. It looks pretty great. When it comes out I probably will get the PS4 one. Big screen + probably better performance is worth every extra dollars.

Wonder if they introduce any new girls/school in the Estival Versus. The title sounds like it's just one playful game and just a filler in story.

Top Bottom