• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thanks, better than I thought.
Another thing to note was that the screenshot indicated a date range of a few days for each challenge, so I wouldn't expect 6000fm worth of challenges each day. It looks like the possible earnings will average out to maybe 2000 or 1500 per day. Not terrible at all compared to what we earn now, but not a total goldmine.

edit: now that i see the picture on the previous page, the bigger payouts have even longer date ranges. it's unclear whether they will be cycling in a ton of challenges or you just get one 5000FM challenge per week.

Haven't been keeping up but is the patch out? Also i know there's maintenance until 10 EST, but that doesn't mean Urien and the challenges will be out tonight after it's up right?

You can download the patch, but Urien and the challenges don't become active until the servers are online.

While the files have been updated, the game is still stuck in the current version. It needs to connect to the CFN server and update to the latest version for which the files are already there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think any other multiplayer game I play needs to run in admin mode. How do they do it? Or it just that Capcom's ingame currency solution is different?

You can buy colour packs with real money or fight money now.

Default colours 3-10 for all 16 default characters. 85k FM
Story colours 3-10 for all 16 default characters. 85k FM
Default colours 3-10 for all 6 dlc characters. 40k FM
Story colours 3-10 for all 6 dlc characters. 40k FM

All premium costumes have colours 3-10 and any prior purchased ones will be updated to retroactively have them.

If you own the season pass, the dlc characters get default colours 3-10 for free retroactively now.
Are the colors for DLC characters included in the season pass?

You can download the patch, but Urien and the challenges don't become active until the servers are online.

While the files have been updated, the game is still stuck in the current version. It needs to connect to the CFN server and update to the latest version for which the files are already there.

And the latest version is dropping tomorrow I assume right? Fine with me either way, was planning on getting a bottle and making it a night with some friends and SF.

Are the colors for DLC characters included in the season pass?
"Colors 3-10 on default, and battle costumes for all confirmed DLC characters will now be included for all Season Pass holders."
And the latest version is dropping tomorrow I assume right? Fine with me either way, was planning on getting a bottle and making it a night with some friends and SF.
Yeah, you can play Urien and the challenges and stuff when the servers come online at 7 PM PDT.

Hubb

Another thing to note was that the screenshot indicated a date range of a few days for each challenge, so I wouldn't expect 6000fm worth of challenges each day. It looks like the possible earnings will average out to maybe 2000 or 1500 per day. Not terrible at all compared to what we earn now, but not a total goldmine.

Yeah, not amazing but hopefully it works better than 50 a win. I pretty much worked all the other ways of getting FM that were possible for me.

Zackat

Ok this Start in Administrator mode is stupid as shit, I now cant capture videos using OBS anymore...even when I start OBS in Admin mode. Capcom just keep ruining things >:-|

isn't this how people stream?

I don't know how it works but I thought you had to use OBS. If so, yikes. That would be a big deal.

Spman2099

But I think the minimum is around 500 FM. There was a picture floating around that accompanied the japanese PR release.
q67hB9D.jpg

When you load the game up, after downloading the patch, there is an explanation of the mission mode. The picture that accompanies the explanation shows one that has a reward of 100 points. So, while this isn't definitive, it looks like the rewards can go as low as 100 points.

When you load the game up, after downloading the patch, there is an explanation of the mission mode. The picture that accompanies the explanation shows one that has a reward of 100 points. So, while this isn't definitive, it looks like the rewards can go as low as 100 points.

Hmm. Probably something incredibly basic for stuff like that, such as finish 3 online matches or something.

ZeroCDR

Lol damn dude, thats been a thing since day 1. Only thing you dont earn in casuals is LP, but who really cares for that.

No idea how I never noticed it, I honestly thought FM was tied to ranked only, yikes!

I can live without LP, I'll play ranked if it gets better but player match is fine for now.

Spman2099

Hmm. Probably something incredibly basic for stuff like that, such as finish 3 online matches or something.

Yeah, I imagine that will be the case. That picture was also just an example picture. I don't think it was actually a screenshot of the legit missions. It seemed like the point values were a little wonky given the conditions. Like, I think throwing twenty hadokens gave WAY more points than winning thirty matches with M. Bison.

Those stage transitions are amazing. We aren't getting a new Darkstalkers, but at least a lot of little silly details are sneaking into SF.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I saw that too. I hope it's all just placeholder nonsense because the challenge worth 100 FM was "win 30 ranked matches with Bison."

Also, "do 30 hadokens with Ryu" was on there multiple times.

The Capcom Unity blog for the Sept update specified 100 as the minimum and 5000 as the max.

Where's the swimsuit outfits for the guys though, huh? Where are they. Thongs a plenty, courtesy of Urien but no one else gets them.
They need to do this, certainly. I think it would go a long way in demonstrating balance of design and a more inclusive mindset to give the men some swimsuits too.

Blueblur1

Eh i like it
They took his 3s theme and made it all 'dramatic villainy'
Yeah, it's definitely what they're going for. Personally I don't think it's too hot. I would've preferred a rendition of the track that is similar to the original. Oh well. No big deal.

I wanted to stay home and play today... boss asked me to go to work even though I took the day off. She owes me big for this one. Gonna eat all the snacks next time I'm in the office. Don't give a heck!

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wanted to stay home and play today... boss asked me to go to work even though I took the day off. She owes me big for this one. Gonna eat all the snacks next time I'm in the office. Don't give a heck!

Oh, so you're that person that been eating all the snacks!

I can boot the game up now but Urine isn't on the character select screen.

The mission tab is present but it's grayed out since the servers are down.

isn't this how people stream?

I don't know how it works but I thought you had to use OBS. If so, yikes. That would be a big deal.

That would be prime Capcpom if so.

I saw that too. I hope it's all just placeholder nonsense because the challenge worth 100 FM was "win 30 ranked matches with Bison."

Also, "do 30 hadokens with Ryu" was on there multiple times.

*instant air teleports all errwhrrr*

Top Bottom