• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of The Erdtree has sold 5 million units worldwide (Now fastest selling DLC in history)

ssringo

Gold Member
4,999,000 of which were whiny pricks.
No need to out yourself. We already knew.

Dance Dancing GIF by The .GIFYS

Saber

Gold Member
Looking good. Way to show people already trust them to deliver a high quality product. Rockystead and similars are probably crying, drinking soymilk and asking "how can they sell that way? Its impossible".

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Deserved, the expansion is insane.

I have almost 30h and still have not finished it. And no, it is not too hard (And i dont summon anyone or anything)

Gideon

in 3 days it reached 5 million, so maybe it's already at 7 million ish? Insane success and well deserved, I absolutely love it and will probably end up being my fav dlc but I also hope we get a performance fix.
We are humbled to announce that ELDEN RING Shadow of the Erdtree, the action RPG title from Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. and FromSoftware, Inc., has reached 5 million units sold worldwide within **three days** of its release. This milestone is the result of the tremendous support from fans all over the world, to whom we express our heartfelt gratitude.

Last edited:
Absolutely deserved.
It's a whole new game disguised as DLC.
Yeah after I fell for the "Elden Ring isn't that big" from the pre-release snippets, I quickly discovered that it was actually one of the biggest games like, ever. So as soon as I saw the quote that "geographically it's a bit bigger than Limgrave" I was like, yeah I'm not falling for that again. I'm sure it's probably twice or three times as long at least as they're saying. Especially with all the verticality.

Last edited:
I’m actually surprised that 5 million people were able to access it. It’s not an easy passport. From fans are based as fuck.
Yeah I played it for 80+ hours and I'm only lvl 64. I'd have no reason to plop down $40 for something I'm dozens of hours away from being able to access. I just recently got around to taking down Radahn.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Only thing left is to ask ourselves: how the fuck are they going to top Elden Ring with their next game?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just make something new and don't try to repeat it. That's all you can do. Pick a new setting and a different IP.
Agree mate.

King’s Field 5.
Also agree lol. But I see this one has less of a chance, since at this point King's Fild wouldn't play anything like the modern souls games. Too slow for that audiece.

Now, a King's Field 5 with the combat of something like Dark Messiah? Oh man what a game that would be.

PanzerCute

What level did you go into it with? I heard you need to be around 150 to have a decent shot at it.
Exactly 150, but I quickly realised my vigor was too low at 45 so I had to respec and use the dlc xp to get it to 60.

The major thing with the DLC to me is that it's even more open than the base game, and you need to find special items to increase the damage you deal and decrease the damage you take. So basically I got wrecked pretty bad by the dancing lion, like many people, but I just went somewhere else to get stronger and went back to it hours later to defeat it without much issues.

So really, if you play smart its not that hard.

It is mind blowingly good so far, and I'm still early. Can't believe how many environments I'm seeing in the distance that I still get to go to later. Even better than the base game so far for me, because I've found like five new weapons I absolutely love so far, and the world design is so dense and peak From at all times.

Easy GOTY, easy GOAT game at this point tbh.

Top Bottom