• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shakedown: Hawaii is coming to Wii and Wii U

Bullet Club

Banned

lestar

what_year_is_it.jpg

stranno

Is the Wii chasing the Neo Geo AES for the longest supported home system?
With 14 years+ it will be the longest supported system, yes.

I wouldnt count Visco's Bang Bang Busters as it was a waaaay later release since 2004's Samurai Shodown V Special.

Just Dance 2021 (November) will come out on Wii as well :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit-Nope: Even Just Dance wont make 14 years by two days. SSVS will still make AES the longest supported platform. Poor Wii :messenger_persevering:

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Is this game better than retro city rampage? I lost interest playing RCR- I think mostly because so much of it was spoiled for me. But also the gameplay wasn’t that interesting.

How does SH compare? Thinking about getting it on my C64 (kidding).

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Kuranghi

"Its been 84 years" jokes aside this game is genuinely really fun, nothing magical but a jolly good time. Tons of silliness and some actually laugh out loud writing a few times.

I still love this Durian image:

m0ei7742nyd11.jpg

"SUPERFOOD" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Its not really that well balanced for min/maxing but I don't think most games are made with that style of play in mind.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
These guys have the weirdest fucking priorities.

Was this game good? I didn't like RCR like.... at all, but this did look a lot better.

gundalf

I'm okay with this, might make the Wii and WiiU the first mainstream consoles that don't end with Fifa as their last game.

Last edited:

Cravis

Is this game better than retro city rampage? I lost interest playing RCR- I think mostly because so much of it was spoiled for me. But also the gameplay wasn’t that interesting.

How does S:D compare? Thinking about getting it on my C64 (kidding).
I enjoyed it more than RCR. I got bored of RCR about halfway through but played Shakedown to completion. Don’t expect all the pop culture references like RCR tho.

Shantae

Banned
I'd almost say it's a bad idea to release on these platforms unless you want to just give it away for free...Both the Wii and Wii U have become emulation machines for most people who still use them, and where there's emulation, there's piracy.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Can you still access the wii store? Mine won't even read games anymore. BTW this game is also available on the Ps Vita.

they must have made bank from putting the game on Switch they took time out to then port to Wii & Wii U just for a laugh at this point.

xrnzaaas

The game seems to have performed poorly on PS4 if gamstat's numbers are accurate (12k players). I'm still waiting and waiting for a bigger discount and afaik it's been on sale only once. I still remember the trailer and how cool it looked.

Last edited:

cireza

Will probably pick up the Wii U version if it is somehow possible (PAL version, not sold out in 30 seconds).

cireza

My only complain is that it lacks 240P mode
As the developer itself was explaining how awesome it was going to be in 240p, this is surprising. You might have to force 240p on Wii when launching the game through a shortcut, if I remember correctly, this is how it worked for Virtual Console games.

Last edited:

Meesh

*sigh* at long last.... the Fisher-Price great value version of GTA that I always new I never wanted on ancient hardware.
Edit: lol sorry. Terrible humor, I honestly think it looks kinda interesting.

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
If new videogames can be made for all the classic consoles and home computers, there's no reason why we can't have new games for the Wii. Best to pick these up now before they become $100 collectables five years from now.

Top Bottom