• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Gonna stop by Toys R Us and grab my slip.
toys%2Br%2Bus%2Bslips.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Webhallen (Sweden) has now lowered the price on my order from 9999 SEK to 3999 SEK. That had BETTER still be a placeholder. I mean, it has to be. Just a bit weird that they would lower it from something absolutely ludicrous to something only slightly less ludicrous.

Kadin

Lol @ going to Circuit City and Incredible Universe to pick one up. The Good Guys! always has plenty in stock. Come on guys...

Kadin

I was always more of a Software Etc. kind of girl.
Wow, I remember going into a Software Etc. on a weekly basis at a local mall and just looking at all the great games I could never afford to buy on my own. Many great memories.

RAIDEN1

There is a BIG question (s) to all of this that I think nobody has brought up:

Firstly I assume the top-loader of the console will be made redundant..so you wouldn't be able to play any cartridges on this system, 21 games is all good, but there is only so much mileage you can get out of it...

Why on earth did they leave out the likes of Super Streetfighter 2, Donkey Kong 2-3, Turtles in Time (which is probably the GREATEST Turtles game there has ever been produced on a home-console) Actraiser, Pilot Wings, Super Tennis, Axelay, instead of putting in the likes of Earth Bound, Final Fantasy, etc...

Would it be easy to "hack" more games in? Another game that comes to mind is Cybernator...

* When is there a new re-stock for the UK customers?

Namek

Neo Member
Gonna stop by Toys R Us and grab my slip.
toys%2Br%2Bus%2Bslips.jpg

The worst part of this set up was the fact that after checking out, you needed to go to a small warehouse with a window/counter facing out, and wait for them to fetch it. Sometimes this took a while.

Last game I remember buying via this method was Harvest Moon for the SNES.

Prophane33

The worst part of this set up was the fact that after checking out, you needed to go to a small warehouse with a window/counter facing out, and wait for them to fetch it. Sometimes this took a while.

For me, it was a pre-order for Suikoden II on PS1.

Even in the 80s that seemed like a backwards ass store.

I just remember stuff coming out on a conveyor belt. I just tried to name the most obscure-ass defunct store I could think of.

Why on earth did they leave out the likes of Super Streetfighter 2, Donkey Kong 2-3, Turtles in Time (which is probably the GREATEST Turtles game there has ever been produced on a home-console) Actraiser, Pilot Wings, Super Tennis, Axelay, instead of putting in the likes of Earth Bound, Final Fantasy, etc...

Licensing issues.

Kadin

I miss the big glass cases they had at my Toys R Us where they had all the systems and attachments on display. They really put in a lot of effort to advertise this stuff back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom