• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Anyone With Those Star Wars PS2 Games On Their PS4...

KalBalboa

Banned
Twisted Metal Black

Oh, you know it. 4-player couch multiplayer with those visual improvements and trophies? Online co-op via shareplay?!

Anyway, tried Shareplay with Star Wars PS2 Games just now. Got an error that told me I couldn't play it because the game wasn't available in my country yet.

Looks like we'll need to wait until PSX for further details.

JoshHood

How much else of the PS4 OS features work with the PS2 emulated games? Can you use PlayStation Music in the background? Can you suspend the game and keep your place? Can you sync the saves to the Plus cloud? Can you Remote Play? Questions?!

5taquitos

How much else of the PS4 OS features work with the PS2 emulated games? Can you use PlayStation Music in the background? Can you suspend the game and keep your place? Can you sync the saves to the Plus cloud? Can you Remote Play? Questions?!

Each one of these questions is essential.

Talax

I only know about remote play since I asked jedivulcan to try it and it works. Suspend should definitely work even without trying it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Things that need to be tested:

Remote Play - tested & works
Broadcasting -
DVR & screenshots -
SharePlay -
Suspend/Resume -
PS4 OS Button Remapping -

[am I missing anything?]

Talax

Broadcasting -
DVR & screenshots -
SharePlay -
Suspend/Resume -

[am I missing anything?]
I think remapping isn't available, since eurogamer mentions that a splash screen tells you where the buttons are mapped for start and select.

Piccoro

Broadcasting -
DVR & screenshots -
SharePlay -
Suspend/Resume -

[am I missing anything?]

Broadcasting also works, because yesterday I saw a guy streaming a PS2 Star Wars to Twitch and YouTube.

DieH@rd

Banned
I think remapping isn't available, since eurogamer mentions that a splash screen tells you where the buttons are mapped for start and select.

PS4 button changes are done on the OS level, regardless of what is game displaying on screen. It should make no difference if the game in use is native PS4 or emulated one.

Talax

PS4 button changes are done on the OS level, regardless of what is game displaying on screen. It should make no difference if the game in use is native PS4 or emulated one.
I'm basing it off of this statement in the article but maybe I'm misinterpreting what it means then:
a system prompt appears telling you that select and start buttons are mapped to the left and right sides of the Dual Shock 4's trackpad. Third party game developers cannot access the system OS in this manner.

KalBalboa

Banned
Right now the entire question is up in the air: every time someone has tried SharePlay with these PS2 games on PS4 an error message comes up letting the players know that the games are currently unavailable in their respective country and region.

We'll have to wait for PSX or for these games to become regularly available on the PSN for all customers before deciphering more.

Piccoro

Right now the entire question is up in the air: every time someone has tried SharePlay with these PS2 games on PS4 an error message comes up letting the players know that the games are currently unavailable in their respective country and region.

We'll have to wait for PSX or for these games to become regularly available on the PSN for all customers before deciphering more.

But at least we can now confirm that Remote Play and Broadcast are working for PS2 games.

Someone in this thread got SharePlay to with a game that is available on PSN. So I think once more game are released, shareplay will work.

Maybe we need to have two people who have the license on their account try it. Defeats the purpose of Shareplay but it may be the only way until it's available to everyone.

Vard

Tried Super Star Wars at a suggestion and it worked fine over Share Play. That's the only one that's officially released on the PS Store.

Thanks guys for trying it out. Now we know.
Seems like people were missing this update from the previous page. Re-posting so people catch it.

OmegaFax

Super star wars is a direct port, not emulation. It's not a ps2 game.

I didn't mean to bump this thread up from the abyss.

Super Star Wars was just the one that was tried to make sure Share Play was working at the time. It's the one that should/did work because it was launched on the Playstation Store.

There's other PS2 games coming out tomorrow on PS4. Might need to revisit whether these Star Wars games will have Share Play enabled now that the PS2 Classics line has launched.

Totally random but I was scrolling through the thread and someone asked about background music. Spotify doesn't work. The music fades out when you go into a PS2 game. These things pretty much operate like PS4 native software with this exception. Cloud saves, broadcasting, DVR/screenshots, Remote Play, and Share Play.

Top Bottom