• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
It feels like there are too many great games just out that I need to play.

Having said that, I will definitely buy Mad Max at some stage this year, probably get around to playing it start of 2016 or so - I figure this type of problem is a good thing indeed :)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
anigif_optimized-7818-1432201062-11.gif

KORNdoggy

You're making the false assumption that people bought the PS3 only for exclusives as a base to your premise (Which is projecting your situation on the market), which is factually untrue, multiplats sold better on PS3 or 360 based on genre.

2 million people disagreeing with you does not make an argument, 8 million people disagree with GAF regarding Watch_Dogs, & that game is not an exclusive.

not "people" overall. but most people, yes. i think it's safe to assume most people (read: not all people) bought the PS3 as their secondary console. (year later release and worse multiplat performance were contributors)

and it's a fact the console was exclusive starved through most of that first year, if not the first 2 years. people were buying whatever they were given. even if it was bad. if it was critically well received, like MGS, people were buying even more. are you implying sales do not increase due to exclusivity? i'm not saying all sales, much like i wasn't saying all people. i'm just saying that a lot bought the game due to being an exclusive.

Pezking

I'll buy the steelbook versions of MGS V and Mad Max next week, and that will be all for the next 2,5 months until Star Wars: Battlefront releases.

Moff

I don't care about MGS so I am interested in Mad Max, I love the franchise and wasteland settings in general. but the game looks a bit too close to batman/mordor and hoenstly a bit boring, will only buy if the reviews are very good and the pc port is perfect.

I am. I buy just about any game that is in Best Buy's $10 reward certificate pre-order program. Total purchase price is $38, so the game almost always can be traded back in within a month or two for the same value.

Kadayi

Banned
Pre ordered last week through Steam. It might be a risk but I figure after the Batman debacle WB won't want to shit the bed again so the PC version should be playable.

Danganronpa is my Sept 1st purchase. Even then I rather pick up MGSV afterwards when I get free time. So it will be the very last of the backlog.

tilomite!

More than any game this fall, I'm gonna have to wait for the reviews and see what the consensus is. This fall is packed, and Mad Max picked a day with extreme competition to release.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I'll be waiting on this one. My last two Warner Brothers PC ports left me sour. While that has nothing to do with Avalanche Studios... my confidence is pretty low.

Hopefully it is all find and dandy - and also fun.

Toothless

If that GMG deal was available in America, I'd be much more up for it. For now, I'm gonna wait until I get a X1 or a PS4 before even considering it.

ZOONAMI

Such a terrible time to releasse this game. Should have been ready for when the movie came out. Or hold release until mext mad max mobie comes out.

ChanMan

Just found out it is coming to Redbox next week so after I pick up MGS V, I will be picking it up for rental to give it a quick run through for a day.

ekim

Such a terrible time to releasse this game. Should have been ready for when the movie came out. Or hold release until mext mad max mobie comes out.

I'd guess a lot of people not so dedicated to gaming will buy it when encountering it on a shelf. After watching a lot of game play I also see the game reviewing pretty good. Mid 80s on metacritic I'd guess.

You're making the false assumption that people bought the PS3 only for exclusives as a base to your premise (Which is projecting your situation on the market), which is factually untrue, multiplats sold better on PS3 or 360 based on genre.

2 million people disagreeing with you does not make an argument, 8 million people disagree with GAF regarding Watch_Dogs, & that game is not an exclusive.

He's saying if you owned all the systems that the PS3 was most likely relegated to an exclusives only machine as 9/10 it was always the worst console multiplat version to be had. And in my case he's absolutely right. I only ever picked up the exclusive titles for my PS3. Everything else was 360/PC.

This is me waiting for my GMG key.

Se_7_eN

I can't justify buying it since I know it will just sit on my shelf unfortunately... Too much to play.

• Until Dawn
  • MGS V
  • SOMA
  • Fallout 4
  • Battlefront
I will get it next year during the Steam Summer Sale most likely... I feel bad about it.

GravyButt

Going to take the wait and see approach especially with mgsv coming. Hopefully its good though and Ill pick it up during a b2g1 eventually.

jesu

Might do, will need to read a few reviews first.
Decide if I want to play it straight away or wait a while.
If it turns out to be nothing special Gears and Tomb Raider will do for me in September.

Waiting for $20 price point. I have too many games already and no time to play my backlog + games lower in price so fast it feels like throwing money away to buy at release.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The great thing about open world games is that generally if you are smart about it, it honestly does not require that long of a time investment.

And if you really want to just go back and screw around you very well can.

Its usually how I go breaking open world games by seeing just how much of the world they let me take over from the get go. Once you do that its pretty much just plowing through the story bits after with little to no effort. lol

Alo0oy

Banned
not "people" overall. but most people, yes. i think it's safe to assume most people (read: not all people) bought the PS3 as their secondary console. (year later release and worse multiplat performance were contributors)

and it's a fact the console was exclusive starved through most of that first year, if not the first 2 years. people were buying whatever they were given. even if it was bad. if it was critically well received, like MGS, people were buying even more. are you implying sales do not increase due to exclusivity? i'm not saying all sales, much like i wasn't saying all people. i'm just saying that a lot bought the game due to being an exclusive.

That's factually incorrect, "most" people that bought PS3 were in Europe, Japan & the rest of world, the same places that never cared about X360, your argument is extremely flawed, outdated, and has been debunked years ago. It only works if you're under the assumption that USA = World, some people have gotten over the shocking phase of that not being true a couple of years ago. The people that bought the PS3 (read: "most") live in places that don't care about Xbox, or don't even know that it exists.

Why are we discussing platform sales? I won't debate platform sales any further because you're using poor arguments and USA = World theory, so let's just stick to Metal Gear. Do you really expect Mad Max to even sell half as many units as the Phantom Pain?

diffusionx

Gold Member

Rushing a game hurts it, and having it sit on a shelf wastes money.

MGS is not the juggernaut people on this forum seem to think it is. It's not Call of Duty. If Mad Max is good it could easily find a niche. It has a hook (car customization and combat) that you don't really see in games these days.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just hoping that Mad Max does good sales wise because it will be good for Avalanche Studios since they're an underrated and underappreciated developer.

As long as reviewers don't kill the game due to MGSV, game should sell well. It's two different types of games and it's been a long time since there's been a game that has good car combat and quite simply, seems to be a lot of fun to play.

AlterOdin

Bought with the 50% voucher. Hope it's not a BM;AK case here.

But it looks good and being developed in-house (PC) + 50% off is a nice discount (but is a little worrying why such a big discount..).

We will see.

Top Bottom