• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some Virtua Fighter Quest from Interview of Makoto Osaki (AM2) info...

Alcibiades

from gamefront.de

somehow, it's cool that I couldn't put in another manner, but picked up across, now I will... ;)

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv06-2004/juni-02.html

original:
Virtua Fighter Quest: Interview mit Sega-AM2

07.06.04 - Die englische Zeitschrift Nintendo Power sprach mit Makoto Osaki von Sega-AM2 über das Action RPG Virtua Fighter Quest , das für Gamecube und PlayStation2 am 29.07.04 in Japan erscheint. Das Gespräch bezieht sich auf die Gamecube-Version. Die interessantesten Aussagen in der Zusammenfassung (Danke an efralope):

- Die Handlung spielt in einer Virtua Fighter-Welt der Zukunft. Die Charaktere der Virtua Fighter-Serie trainieren den Helden Sei, damit er ein Meisterkämpfer wird.

- Das Kampfsystem ist gegenüber der Prügelspielserie stark vereinfacht. Mit nur einer Taste lassen sich normale Angriffe und Spezialtechniken ausführen. Die Eingabe komplizierter Kommandos sei nicht erforderlich.
Der Held hat außerdem eine Art 'Energieseil', mit dem er Schlagserien entfesselt.

- Die Kampftechniken von Virtua Fighter würden auf einer 2D Ebene ablaufen, obwohl das Spiel in 3D dargestellt wird. In Virtue Fighter Quest will man den Spielern ein erfrischendes Erlebnis liefern, indem man diese Techniken leicht ausführen kann, während man eine aufwändige 3D Landschaft erkundet.

- Das Energiekabel von Sei lässt sich via C-Stick steuern: Man zieht damit Feinde näher zu sich ran oder schwingt an einem Objekt.

- Die eingesammelten Daten-Chips sind mit Geld gleichzusetzen. Mit ihnen kauft man 'Enhancement Tools', die z.B. neue Fähigkeiten verleihen (u.a. mehr Kraft).

- Während der Entwicklung hat man mit Leuten von Nintendos R & D No. 1 Abteilung über das Gameplay gesprochen.

translation on babelfish:
The English magazine Nintendo power spoke with Makoto Osaki of Sega-AM2 about the Action RPG Virtua Fighter Quest, which for Gamecube and PlayStation2 appears to 29.07.04 in Japan. The discussion refers to the Gamecube version. The most interesting statements in the summary (thanks to efralope): - the action plays in a Virtua Fighter world of the future. The characters of the Virtua Fighter series train the hero are, so that he becomes a master fighter. - the combat system is highly simplified in relation to the flogging play series. With only one key normal attacks and special engineerings can be implemented. The input of complicated commands is not necessary. In addition the hero has a kind 'Energieseil', with which it provokes impact series. - the combat equipment of Virtua Fighter would run off on a 2D level, although the play in 3D is represented. To Virtue Fighter Quest one wants to supply a erfrischendes experience to the players with, by being able to implement these techniques easily, while one explores a aufwaendige 3D landscape. - the power cable of is can via C-stick be steered: One draws thereby enemies more near to itself ran or swings at an object. - the in-collected data chips are to be equated with money. With them one buys 'Enhancement Tools', the e.g. new abilities lend (among other things more strength). - during the development one has with people of NINT DOS R & D NO. 1 department spoken about the Gameplay.

funny thing is I didn't even read but like one or two questions of the interview cause I didn't really want to anything spoiled so I looked for development related stuff...

Top Bottom