• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozart

Now imagine Elena has a ps 4 in her hands and she tells Drake :Hey I got a PS4 so we can retire our old Playstation and start playing new games!
Drake :I thought you only liked that orange racoon game!
Elena opens a bag and gets Crash Bandicoot Drake's nightmare for PS4 and the crowd goes nuts

Hahaha, that would be amazing.

BroBot

Would be cool if the conference started with Uncharted 4 and it's a new house scene like the one with Drake and Elena in the beginning of the game. But this time he picks up a DualShock 4 and a new game is shown.

That would rival Kevin Butler's E3 appearance. Yes please.

DieH@rd

Banned
So wtf KH2.8,FFXII Zodiac and WOFF are not good enough for Sony's E3 stage? What are you doing to me you maniacs.

uTLcawg.gif

So wtf KH2.8,FFXII Zodiac and WOFF are not good enough for Sony's E3 stage? What are you doing to me you maniacs.

You're thinking they aren't good enough for Sony's show rather than Square realizing what happened last year. World of Final Fantasy looks fantastic, but it was completely drowned out by people being disappointed that it wasn't FF7R (just go look at the reaction on this forum immediately when it was shown) followed by the real FF7R completely overshadowing it. Now instead they debuted the trailer on its own a week before and it received a lot of attention. The other two games are largely remasters as well and would've had similar reactions had they been announced alongside a bunch of new games. These trailers are allowing games that could be overshadowed to get a big piece of the spotlight.

Septic360

Banned
I hope the VR titles they show off are actually decent.

I have yet to see a core title working well on VR.

Ace Combat, GT Sport, Eve, NMS hopefully and other shiz. My retinas are ready!

Hey man. Maybe not the rest but Zodiac Remaster is huge okay?

I'm ecstatic about it, but it isn't a title firmly placed in a desired Trinity like the 3 from last year. If gopher and shinobi are right, I believe they're right, then the title would've been lost in the fanfare of the other titles announced that day

Now imagine Elena has a ps 4 in her hands and she tells Drake :Hey I got a PS4 so we can retire our old Playstation and start playing new games!
Drake :I thought you only liked that orange racoon game!
Elena opens a bag and gets Crash Bandicoot Drake's nightmare for PS4 and the crowd goes nuts

I wouldn't expect this will happen as it's far too much work for ND, but yeah - that would be amazing.

Damn, Shinobi has been just going all out this week. Must be getting excited for the show :)

Why cant it be Monday already, have Tuesday booked off so i can stay up for the 2am Sony start and the few post hours reading reactions and watching Easy Allies fallout :)

I just published my predictions for Push Square. I really enjoy doing these. I always try to keep it quite grounded, and base the predictions off a combination of common sense and rumours, so here's what I've got:

• Conference starts with Crash 4 teaser trailer. Shawn Layden on stage with PSX t-shirt on to confirm brand is now owned by Sony. New game in dev for PS4; emulated versions of original trilogy "available now" for PS4 with Trophies.
  • God of War IV trailer and gameplay demo. 2017.
  • The Last Guardian trailer with 30th August release date.
  • Dead Don't Ride trailer and gameplay demo. 2017.
  • First-party montage showing Gravity Rush 2, New Hots Golf, Dreams, and more.
  • Destiny: Rise of Iron exclusive content.
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign demo.
  • Watch Dogs 2 exclusive content.
  • Resident Evil "7" gameplay demo.
  • Final Fantasy XV trailer. PS4 version of the game comes with exclusive Final Fantasy VII Remake demo.
  • Indie game montage. Her Story, Stardew Valley, and Undertale are coming to PS4.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal trailer.
  • PlayStation VR release date. Reveals of two new games: Star Wars Battlefront VR and Spider-Man VR. (Latter is not developed by Sucker Punch or Insomniac.)
  • PS4K shown off and explained by Mark Cerny. More information at Gamescom. Tentative late September release date.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn gameplay demo shown running in realtime on PS4K.

I elaborate on all of my thoughts here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/feature_sony_playstation_e3_2016_press_conference_predictions

What do you think?

Thanks for that, it was a good read. I'll say this much though, if the conference ends on a Horizon demo... well I won't be too chuffed about. Would be very underwhelming in my opinion. I know last year they ended with an Uncharted 4 set-piece, but that ended up being pretty much the best moment in the same and I doubt Horizon would have anything to measure up to that demo anyway. But I find Horizon pretty uninteresting in general, so that's just me.

Heh. They don't need them.

Shinobi I swear, you're making me a nervous wreck in this thread with all these teases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom