• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Well, then...hey I got good news I guess. Lol.

X035o.gif

Something like knack now being able to turn relics into weapons?
I'd be down

That could be really interesting. Also do more with some of the powers-- esp. stealth Knack-- or be able to store a certain amount of gems and have them accessible on the fly to allow more flexibility in area traversal and encounters; refine that random loot "sharing" mechanic; more levels that really show off scale like the last stage, etc... There really is a lot there they could explore.

Lunafreya

I really hope Resident Evil 7 gets announced during this conference, last year's was really good so I at least expect lots of good announcements/trailers next week!

kevin1025

Banned
Too powerful for it's own good. The tech will not be invented to make Knack 3 a possibility for another 16 years sadly.

Knack is the new Crash, making things full circle. PS5.75 shall be glorious for Knack 3!

I hope Knack 2 has a lady Knack as co-op through the whole campaign, that could be fun!

If Knack 2 gets announced that suddenly makes being in one of those theater streams potentially a lot more entertaining. I like Knack well enough but I recognize what a divisive title it is for Sony fans. Having a theater full of that ought to prove entertaining at least.

Well, then...hey I got good news I guess. Lol.

Well if it is Knack 2 my friend will be happy .
His kids love playing that game with him lol .

Why why why would Sony fund a Knack 2. Just... why?! The first one is a laughing stock. If it made money, that's only because it was a launch game for a hotly-anticipated console.

I don't get it. I really don't.

Well if it's cheap to make it might be worth the ROI to see how a sequel does .
They can also bring out part one on PS+ for marketing .

Why why why would Sony fund a Knack 2. Just... why?! The first one is a laughing stock. If it made money, that's only because it was a launch game for a hotly-anticipated console.

Well if it is Knack 2 my friend will be happy .
His kids love playing that game with him lol .

This is why. There's a market for it. Knack doesn't mean there won't be a Crash. Hell, who knows, Ape Escape might even make a reappearance as well. Let's join hands and sing

Loudninja

Because their many gamers that like many different things their is nothing odd about it.

Its a kid games that had a good co-op mode, for me it was challenging brawler that I liked.

Yeah, I agree - it's bizarre. I know there are people in this thread who like it and that's fine, but surely if you want to make another nostalgic platformer, you just go back to the drawing board and make something new.

Knack has very little cachet with the general public, and for every core gamer who loves it, there are three or four who will simply laugh at the idea of a sequel.

MilkBeard

Yeah, I agree - it's bizarre. I know there are people in this thread who like it and that's fine, but surely if you want to make another nostalgic platformer, you just go back to the drawing board and make something new.

Knack has very little cachet with the general public, and for every core gamer who loves it, there are three or four who will simply laugh at the idea of a sequel.

Kids need something to play too. They aren't as meticulous in their demands for games.

Loudninja

So does alot of other small games that Sony funds that's the beauty of it their something for everyone.

SNURB

Can't a new Crash game and a Knack game just coincide or is that too much?

I have no idea why Sony would warrant a Knack sequel. It felt like Sony was desperate to get that "Crash" vibe back since they didn't own the rights. Why wait this long for a new one?

To be frank Knack likely sold more units, cost less to develop, and made more back than Shenmue; I bet a lot of people are asking the same questions about that game as well yet here we are. S3 is getting made and Knack 2 is potentially in the pipeline. I want both games so I'm fine with these seemingly inscrutable decisions.

Kids need something to play too. They aren't as meticulous in their demands for games.

So does alot of other small games that Sony funds that's the beauty of it their something for everyone.

I agree with both of you, but at that point, you may as well make something new. There's literally no advantage to putting "Knack 2" on the box, other than the unnecessary baggage that it creates.

That's why it's so strange.

I agree with both of you, but at that point, you may as well make something new. There's literally no advantage to putting "Knack 2" on the box, other than the unnecessary baggage that it creates.

That's why it's so strange.
Knack sold really well thx to bundles helping as well but still. Many ps4 owners at least know the name. If they can make a good game knack 2 can sell.

Well if it's cheap to make it might be worth the ROI to see how a sequel does .
They can also bring out part one on PS+ for marketing .

Then just make a cheap game in a franchise that isn't generally regarded as total fucking shit. Sony has literally dozens of dormant yet well fond of IPs they could revive to a positive response. Even the mere concept of a Knack 2 is a punchline to a joke nobody finds funny.

Again, it might have been cheap to make, but any profit Knack generated was due to a release date that worked very much in its favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom