• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony set to unveil two new games at GamesCom

V_Ben

Banned
That'll be an announcement at next E3 I'd imagine.

But who would even make it?

What are High Impact Games working on again?

Edit: Festival of Blood was announced at Gamecom though. R3 and Ratchet all for One were announced there too. Sony isn't about saving announcements for E3 ;)

Takao

Banned
What are High Impact Games working on again?

Edit: Festival of Blood was announced at Gamecom though. R3 and Ratchet all for One were announced there too. Sony isn't about saving announcements for E3 ;)

They're probably working on trying to stay alive given their Crash Team Racing game was reskinned into a Shrek racing game likely no one bought. I'm not sure I'd trust them with a project like inFamous either. The scope of that is bigger than anything they've ever done and they've struggled with some of those games.

V_Ben

Banned
They're probably working on trying to stay alive given their Crash Team Racing game was reskinned into a Shrek racing game likely no one bought. I'm not sure I'd trust them with a project like inFamous either. The scope of that is bigger than anything they've ever done and they've struggled with some of those games.

I think on the Vita they might do a better job of getting their vision across. Lost Frontier felt constrained by the PSP, but size matters and secret agent clank were actually pretty good. I think they could do good work with any Sony franchise on the Vita though.

Ready At Dawn's new game is PS4 though, right?

.la1n

If the rumor mill is worth anything than Guerilla has been at work on a current gen PS3 game and a next gen game. This could be an unveiling of what they have been working on for the PS3.

Takao

Banned
I think on the Vita they might do a better job of getting their vision across. Lost Frontier felt constrained by the PSP, but size matters and secret agent clank were actually pretty good. I think they could do good work with any Sony franchise on the Vita though.

Ready At Dawn's new game is PS4 though, right?

That's the opposite of my opinion on The Lost Frontier and Secret Agent Clank. Those releases really lacked polish and with a game on a bigger playing field I have no trust in them being able to deliver a well done experience.

As for RaD, yeah supposedly their game is next gen.

can't wait to see the Eight Days reboot! :D

eight-days-media_top.jpg

Afrikan

Colony Wars - finally! How long have I waited for thee?

same here...but now that I think about it..we have waited TOO LONG...and this gen is almost over...I don't know if i'll really be impressed with the graphics...i'm sure it'll look amazing, but i don't think it will BLOW MY FUCKING MIND like the original Colony Wars.

so hopefully if they are working on a new Colony Wars....and life is fucked up, so they are probably not...but if they were, hopefully it'll be a launch or second year game for the PS4.

KAL2006

Banned
I'll just put this out there (this is all speculation and rumors of course)

Polyphonic has been doing nothing but GT5 updates (perhaps they are working on something else, note we had a GT Vita poll before)
MediaMolecule are said to be working on a new IP for Vita/PS3
GuerillaGames are making a PS3/Vita game and a PS4 game (remember they have 2 teams)
Novarma release Reality Fighters for VIta launch they are most likely working on Invizimals Vita which was big in Europe
Killzone Vita hasn't got a proper reveal yet (it is developed by Cambridge)
Ghost Recon Final Mission was leaked by a retailer with Assassins Creed, but didn't get officially announced

Any 2 of the above along with COD, Assassins Creed, Need for Speed and FIFA 13 gameplay reveals.

KageMaru

This late in the gen, they are most definitely Vita games. Wonder if there will be PS3 versions of these games as well.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Souls game on Vita. Perfection.

Great job Sony, no-no, that isn't sarcasm, really- great job.

...Please let it be so.

I admit as much shit as I've gave the vita this would be day 1 for me.
I would be an exact Kübler-Ross model.

B.O.O.M

I'll take Gravity Rush sequel, thank you.

Doubt they will announce it at Gamescom even if it is underway. Game Heaven or TGS likely

And guys please tell me the Nhilistic rumor is not true or not from a credible source! If true two things that will happen

1. The game will be average at best
2. The already rampant trolling of vita will go a level higher

OmegaZero

And guys please tell me the Nhilistic rumor is not true or not from a credible source! If true two things that will happen

1. The game will be average at best
2. The already rampant trolling of vita will go a level higher

It's not true.

Oh god how I wish it wasn't.

after the famitsu numbers(74k iirc?) I don't think there will be a sequel for Gravity Rush at all. :(

That only includes physical sales, and it's well known that GR did pretty damn well through digital. Plus even 74k puts it on the higher end of Vita software sold in Japan. It's actually the 4th best selling game for the platform (behind P4, HSG and Uncharted).

Musolf815

I took a survey last fall about Infamous 3...but I don't think they've had much time to work on it to announce it this early.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Folklore 2
Never Winter Nights 3

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Hoping it'll be some mindblowingly awesome retail PS3 games.

But it would be better for business, and make more sense, if they are Vita games.

Top Bottom