• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
This game, inFamous and Drive Club are a whole different league in terms of graphics in comparison to other current gen games.

Gothos

Even if people are fine with standard 3rd person shooters, that segment was poor by 3rd person shooter standards. It's was a very small corridor with brain-dead AI, with a bonus of a clichéd janky looking set piece.

Don't forget lasers from enemies so people know where to look for enemies. You know, just in case your average Joe doesn't know where to aim, lol.

geordiemp

I don't get it,

Why would you stream and show quite a few tears in the stream.

If there is one thing I cant stand its tearing, god give me 720p rather than tearing.

Cant watch Titanfall vids due to same reason....it ripping my head...

They should release on a better format if its the stream.

Pop

We still haven't seen:

- Galahad using different weapons
- "Investigation" segments
- Battle with werewolves/half-breeds

Hopefully they show all this at E3.

Why not just spoil the whole game for us. No ones got the patience anymore for release days.

Game looked great, they guy playing was the turn off. Couldn't hit shit

I still can't believe we are seeing these graphics less than 12 months into the PS4 lifecycle. Remember what early PS3 games looked like, compared to TLOU? Can you guys IMAGINE what we are going to see in 3, 4, 5 years from now?

BRING ON THIS GEN

Pennywise

Really don't know what people are expecting here. It's a standard TPS, not every game out there needs to revolutionise a genre.

Besides we have only seen the same enemy yet, the half breads are still another topic and the exploration part also needs to be shown.

Giggzy

This game and Transistor were my two most wanted games out of E3 last year. I have one of them, and this short clip has only solidified my original feelings about this game. I can't fucking wait!

StoopKid

Screen tearing
low frame rate
scripted ai
bad gunplay

GREAT GRAPHICS

this is looking like PS4's Heavenly Sword.

jason-terry-disappointed.gif

hohoXD123

To give fans a pre-E3 look at the game. What's the problem? It looked good.

Why reveal it on twitch of all places though? Youtube would have been so much better and that's saying something.

Besides we have only seen the same enemy yet, the half breads are still another topic and the exploration part also needs to be shown.

As well as the crazyass weapons, I want whatever one Isabeau was using.

This game, inFamous and Drive Club are a whole different league in terms of graphics in comparison to other current gen games.

Yeah WWS really is knocking it out of the park this gen so far.

They are leagues ahead of everyone else and its not even close.

Lord help us when Naughty Dog showcases Uncharted 4.

Of course, it is a third person action game, and we know those games are no good according to these last few The Order threads lmao.

Anyone find it amusing your buddies are like "We are sitting ducks out here", as they say that, the enemy stands completely still on a balcony waiting to be shot.

If it's the spot I'm thinking of while they were dragging the wounded guy, they weren't just standing there (after the one guy says they've got them pinned down) they were shooting, you could see the bullet trails from their shots. Must have been on easy.

Visuals definitely surpass Ryse. But gameplay seems uninspired thus far. Maybe that will change when we start seeing them kill monsters instead of random dudes.

What a generic gameplay segment that was. And why did dude not give some of that potion to other dude that was basically dying? Sure has great art direction though.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Need better quality to get a better impression. I want to see the impact of bullets on enemies and the environment.

JayEH

Wow this looks incredible (graphically). Hopefully the story is good but the gameplay seems pretty standard so far.

Best comment I've seen. Don't get me wrong the game looks great but nothing about the gameplay excited me.

Did they show you full gameplay and more elements of the game they intended yet to comment? Its just a tease but words you meant are not gonna apply for tease. Everygame shares some elements in someway along with introducing new things but not going to revolutionize the gemeplay completely. So wait for the real gameplay before you comment.

TyrantII

The length was fine, this was a sneak peak - pre E3.

However I was not impressed and feel a little less hyped right now. Horrible low 20s FPS and near constant screen-tearing. Looked really rough.

Still interested in the concept and setting but this was perhaps not the best way to re-reveal the game. Can totally understand those 2015 claims now.

Everything is pointing to this being a mid to late 2015 game.

I do love all the concern about Sony showing their IPs as they are, instead of pulling bullshit like they did with KZ CGI years back. Quick views of real products in their alphas to give people an idea of the direction.

Sometime I don't get GAF. 2 min quick sneak peak of a alpha gets all this concern trolling. 3 min CGI bullshit of the next COD with a B-actor and everyone creams themselves.

I can already tell you who will deliver and who won't.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Burbeting

Banned
It looked really good. Gameplay seemed solid enough too, though shooting didn't seem to do anything new... Want to know more about story, since the setting gives it immense potential (steampunki-sh britain is my absolutely favorite setting ^^).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom