• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is NOT an expansion to a PS5 remaster or a sequel; it's a standalone game like Uncharted: Lost Legacy

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So how long was Uncharted Lost Legacy compared to a mainline Uncharted game?

That still means we shouldn't expect a "full game" right?

Last edited:

Joey.

It's a stand alone game. Comparisons to Uncharted Lost Legacy can be made on the basis that it's a spin off that happens after the previous games.

Expect the game to be the same size as Marvel Spiderman. So I expect it to be fully priced.

Some will try to convince you that because it doesn't say Spiderman 2 or because it's set in New York (I mean really? Where the fuck would Spiderman take place?????), it's not a full standalone game and it's some sort of expanded DLC. Don't listen to the trolls, listen to the developers.

Yeah I hear you.

So you think it WON'T have any of Spider Man 2018 content? One who hasn't played SM 2018 yet, should play SM 2018 and then Miles Morales?

kuncol02

Banned
It's a stand alone game. Comparisons to Uncharted Lost Legacy can be made on the basis that it's a spin off that happens after the previous games.

Expect the game to be the same size as Marvel Spiderman. So I expect it to be fully priced.

Some will try to convince you that because it doesn't say Spiderman 2 or because it's set in New York (I mean really? Where the fuck would Spiderman take place?????), it's not a full standalone game and it's some sort of expanded DLC. Don't listen to the trolls, listen to the developers.

Don't expect it to be as long as original.

Nymphae

Banned
I am going to bet that despite what the marketing spin is, it's going to feel like an expansion because I doubt they've added much mechanically or retooled a lot. It's another campaign with a different suit.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yeah I hear you.

So you think it WON'T have any of Spider Man 2018 content? One who hasn't played SM 2018 yet, should play SM 2018 and then Miles Morales?

Miles Morales is in the original. So you should grab the first one and play it first.

Don't expect it to be as long as original.

Looking at the article, I'm left laughing my ass off.

Uncharted 4 takes between 15 to 20 hours to beat, and it's all story. Uncharted Lost Legacy at 7 hours is certainly the smaller game.

Marvel's Spiderman main story is around 7-8 hours first play-through, and you can get it finished in 5-6 hours in new game +. It's not a particularly long game so this quote:

Spider-Man took around 40 hours to complete play of the game, while Spider-Man: Miles Morales is expected to be significantly smaller.

Really doesn't mean much. If Miles Morales keeps the same main story length and replaces the huge amount of filler with some interesting side story missions, the game could take 15-20 hours to fully complete and it would actually feel meatier than the original.

I am going to bet that despite what the marketing spin is, it's going to feel like an expansion because I doubt they've added much mechanically or retooled a lot. It's another campaign with a different suit.

This is what I think it is. It's going to play a lot like the first game. Which is just fine by me.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
This is what I think it is. It's going to play a lot like the first game. Which is just fine by me.

Yeah I'll probably still play it, but I'm concerned about how fresh it's going to feel. How many suits are they going to be able to add in this one? How many new gadgets and skills?

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yeah I'll probably still play it, but I'm concerned about how fresh it's going to feel. How many suits are they going to be able to add in this one? How many new gadgets and skills?

Well I would recommend you read a Miles comic or watch Into the Spider Verse. Miles has different abilities to Peter Parker.

Personally, because I loved the first one so much, I'm just very excited for more story. I hope Insomniac not only delivers on the quality set by the first one, but goes even further. Hope they got some good writers! It shouldn't have been hard to attract them after the first.

jaysius

Banned
I've completely changed gears on this one, from excited to, why the fuck can't I buy this on PS4. Lost Legacy was OK, it didn't have the same spirit of the original game though, you could tell it was a budget product.

In one way it's good that there is a real team working on Spiderman 2, yet I guess thats so far our that they've scrambled to make something either near or on PS5 launch.

I'd rather a complete Spiderman 1 "remaster" with this content thrown in.

Top Bottom