• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens - It's True. All of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

I liked it.

Didn't love it. Definitely liked it.

I REALLY wish it wasn't a retread of the Death Star for the third time... I thought the "new emperor" looked like a CG reject from I Am Legend... I felt that outside of Rey's theme the music was surprisingly weak... and I felt they blew their load making Kylo Han's son so early in the film (I would have loved it if the audience didn't know that, or see his face, until Han confronted him on the bridge).

All that being said, the new cast was fantastic, I'm particularly fond of Finn as this guy in way over his head, Poe was charming and witty, Rey is going to give little girls a new role model for decades to come, and BB8 toys are going to sell like hotcakes.

It was a good film, and I absolutely want to see where it's heading.

So if Vader is now in ghost form, why didn't he respond to his grandson when he was praying to him? Surely Vader could be like "yo, actually I became good again so... Maybe you should knock it off?" Kinda weird that that major plot device is no longer in play and that the good Vader just let his grandson become him.
Maybe force ghosts only appear those on the light side of the force. Have we seen force ghosts appear to Sith in the movies?

kaiju

So if Vader is now in ghost form, why didn't he respond to his grandson when he was praying to him? Surely Vader could be like "yo, actually I became good again so... Maybe you should knock it off?" Kinda weird that that major plot device is no longer in play and that the good Vader just let his grandson become him.

He's not as well versed in the force yet where he can communicate with a force ghost.

That actually happening could be a big turning point in Ben's evolution.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Not sure if these were posted already, but here are the extra scenes/spoilers from the novelization of TFA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/3xenjg/novelisation_spoilers/

Some interesting points, I think of those points these things should have been added to make the overall experience even better:
-The opening is Leia wondering where Luke is and trying to call out to him that she needs him.
-Snoke mentions having seen the Empire rise and fall. If that was in the movie then I missed it.
-Leia is informed of the FO's attack on Jakku and Poe's assumed death. She is upset and does not want the FO to find Luke before they do. She knows that BB-8 is still missing so she asks 3PO to activate his tracker to find him. She then sends her envoy to the Senate in the Hosnian system to ask for help, explaining that she cannot go herself because while she still has friends there she would likely have an unfortunate "accident" because many there do not like her.
-There is a scene with 3PO talking to the low power R2 where he is basically talking to himself but asking what R2 would do, because he forgot to activate BB-8's tracker before he left on the mission. He decides to send a message to all active Resistance droids to be on the lookout for BB-8.
-We get a scene of Poe waking up after the crash. He has a concussion and it turns out that he got out of the TIE after crash landing it and wandered away before collapsing and it's just bad luck that Finn didn't find him. There's a whole sequence where he meets a scavenger who decides to help him and then they are attacked by other scavengers and Poe pilots a speeder showing off his skills again to get away. (It would have been nice to have seen Poe a little more, his character didn't have enough screentime)
-Unkar Plutt finds Rey at Maz's Castle. He found them because he had a homing device on the Falcon. Rey tries to use her blaster on him but the safety is on. Chewie intervenes and tears Plutt's arm off. It's at this point that a droid sees BB-8 and sends a message to the Resistance.
-Then there's a quick scene with 3PO receiving the message and informing Leia of BB-8's whereabouts. These 3PO scenes are both good but I think I prefer his first appearance in the movie.
-A scene of Leia being informed of the the destruction of the Hosnian system and feeling the deaths of all the people in the Force. And she thinks about how no one should be subjected to the death of an entire world but she had been subjected to two and she would not allow it to happen again. (Especially this, the First Order just destroyed a very important planet for the Rebels. All the Rebels should have been shocked, but they didn't even talked about the incident.)
-Also, it's not as easily seen in the sky above the Castle. That was one of my problems with the movie was that it made it appear that they were in the same system.
-Confirmed Han and Leia are husband and wife.
-General Hux launches something called seekers to take out the attacking X-Wings on Starkiller Base. He's warned that they will take down TIEs too but he claims that collateral damage will be necessary to win.
-There's a chase sequence involving the stolen snow speeder that Rey and Finn use to get to the oscillator.
-Kylo Ren removing his mask for Han is the first time Han has seen his son as a grown man. Also, Han debated leaving without confronting him but didn't because he wanted to fulfill Leia's request. (Maybe he should have mubled something to himself like 'Yeah I promised her' before going on the bridge.)
-Poe does not fly into the oscillator and there is no "trench run". His pilots simply bomb the hole that the detonators exposed.
-Hux rescues Kylo Ren and could have taken Finn and Rey but there was no time and his instructions from Snoke took precedence. He assumed they would die there anyways.
-The doctor tells Rey that Finn will be fine although he is in a medically induced coma and nothing is certain until he fully recovers.
-R2 has the rest of the map because he catalogued the Imperial archives. He overheard a discussion of how Kylo Ren had said that they held the rest of the map because it was in the archives. He then powers up and displays the map.
-Rey has a conversation with Leia before she leaves where Leia promises her that she will not share the fate of her son.
-Rey extends the lightsaber towards Luke as an offer and a plea because he's the galaxy's only hope. She wonders what will happen next.

Also something that bothered me was the limited screentime for Captain Phasma. Surely they could have added here a little more, even if she was just standing at the sidelines..

I think they also should have waited to reveal Kylo's face untill the conversation with Han Solo. Revealing it already with Rey made the character less powerfull at that moment in my eyes

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My God that was fucking amazing.

I can't believe that they managed to satisfy the insane amount of hype I had inside my body.

I bet when he wakes up he will have remembered his real name. My guess is he isn't a blank slate, and the first order can wipe their soldiers memories.

He's been with the First Order since he was a baby. He never had any other name. Some of the stuff they're looking at on viewscreens and holos when he escapes implies this.

The only thing i didn't like about it. Was how they are basically taking the story from 4-6 and redoing it with a more diverse cast.

Rey is Luke's Daughter.
Luke's going to die like obi wan.
Han Solo had to die so Fin could take his place.

Episode 8 is going to play out like episode 5. Its amazingly well done but it just feels like a really safe movie.

Uh, this isn't the case at all. There is zero confirmation that Rey is Luke's daughter. Considering how far they went with misdirection that Finn would be the force user there is no way they will go with something as obvious as that.
Rei is Han's replacement- hence her piloting the Falcon at the end with Chewie and her bond with Han.

Luke may or may not die but whatever.

Even though I knew it was coming, the Luke reveal was so great. Hamill totally sold an older, hardened Luke with his look and expression

Anyone wish he had shorter hair though, or the longer hair was good?

LWvcJWT.jpg

Dude is totally ready to whip some ass in Episode 8. They really got him in fighting shape for the next movie.

It's easy to miss but the political situation was laid out in Hux's speech before they fired the Starkiller. The last remnants of the Empire have become The First Order, a regional government in the outer rim. Their control of these territories is contested by a resistance, which is surreptitiously supported by the Republic, which controls the galaxy at large.

They reference getting a ship to the outer rim to hide from the First Order so I don't think they are in the Outer Rim in the movie.

Anyone else think the second teaser pretty much spoils Rey is related to Luke, considering the line in the trailer isn't even used in the movie?

http://youtu.be/ngElkyQ6Rhs

It's just a re-recorded line from RotJ. Verbatim which is why the line has Vader being alive instead of dead.

So it was Maz Kanata who handed the lightsaber to Leia in the second teaser but it didn't make it into the movie, did it?

Just looks like a reverse of the shot in the movie when she hands it to Rei.

Ovid

Nah Wrinkles is dead.

Like dead dead.

Like as dead as any character in this entire franchise could be.

Homie got thrown into the exlosive reactor shaft of a giant space station that subsequently exploded.

It's a wrap for Sheev
He's hoping that Snoke is Plagueis so that Sheev could be resurrected.

I've seen the film but can't work out where the voice over in the 2nd teaser trailer some from. The one that mentions the force is strong in my family.

It's actually a voice over of dialogue from Return of the Jedi, when Luke reveals to Leia that they're siblings. They used the actual recorded dialogue and then got Mark Hamill to rerecord the lines just for the trailer. So it's a voice from the past and from the present communicating to us.

We don't know how long the ghost thing is good for do we? It's been 30 years. Maybe it's just a short-term option and then you have to move on.

Brakke

Banned
I really liked everything about Kylo until the forest. Cool aesthetic, interesting concept "seduced by the light side" is fun, good rage. Vader's all cool competency but this guy's all hot competency, just seething all over the place. But man that forest. Ren is one of like three (four if Snoke?) Force Users in the whole galaxy, he catches blaster bolts out of the air, and he doesn't just completely ruin Finn, the untrained grunt, in a duel how? The idea that Finn could manage to parry even a single blow from Ren is a joke and totally undermines his menace. He should have been taunting Finn and stalking at him and driving him back laughing at Finn's feeble novice defense.

Then Rey. The Whole Thing with Jedi is confronting the conflict between the Dark and the Light and there she is standing over her hated foe. That's clearly supposed to be a choice: give in to hate and smite this man (like Anakin does to Dooku or to Kenobi), or let him live and maybe redeem himself (like Obi-Wan to Anakin). But then instead of having that choice, a Deus Ex Earthquake makes it for her. What a wet fart of a conclusion to that fight. So instead of learning anything about Rey as far as how does she confront such an emotional conflict, we end up only learning that she's pretty good with a light saber. But maybe she's not that good, a mundane doofus did ok vs Ren just like a minute ago.

If you don't want to give her that choice at least let Ren make some cool escape to restore some dignity to his competency. Or have Hux swoop in to save Ren, poor guy barely did anything all movie.

[*]Rey's planet underwent a ton of changes. Desert planet, jungle planet, at one point the Imperial ruins were actually the remains of the second Death Star and everything was underwater, she went diving all the time for salvage.
Man, that water one sounds way more interesting than what we got. Don't get me wrong, Jakku totally works, but I would have loved out lovable nobody to not come from a desert planet.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
But...considering he's a child of Han/Leia AND he spent time with Luke...how would he not know that Anakin moved back to the light?

Unless anything about Vader was hidden from him thinking it would make it less likely he would go evil, and he found out only afterwards, and hence never heard of Vader going good. Could be something Luke admits was a mistake, who knows.

I speculated earlier that I thought Rey could eventually turn to the dark side.

After reading the official novelization of the film, it certainly seems likely. Every description of Rey throughout this scene lists phrases like, "she was consumed with rage", or "she fought with fury".

As the Emperor once told Luke..."Your hatred has made you powerful."

Given that she's likely a Skywalker, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe Snoke is able to convert her as well.

I think it will be revealed that Ren killed her parents, so Snook could play on that. Ren might have been around 15-17 years old when he snapped. In real life Driver is 9 years older than Ridley, but in the movie they can change that, which could put Ridley at around 2-3 years old when her parents get killed.

We pretty much know she once lived on a different planet due to the mind-reading scene.

rokkerkory

I just saw it...

Can't believe how great all the new characters are! They had so much chemistry too!

Rey is fantastic
Finn was a huge surprise and great
Ben Solo is pretty good too, he pulled it off, probably one of the hardest role
BB-8 is omg so adorable
Poe is just badass
Luke looks old, tired, sad, alone

So-so's:
General Hux - forgetful?
Phasma - needs so much more to develop

edit: kylo freezing the blast from the gun in the beginning scenes was amazing

I really liked everything about Kylo until the forest. Cool aesthetic, interesting concept "seduced by the light side" is fun, good rage. Vader's all cool competency but this guy's all hot competency, just seething all over the place. But man that forest. Ren is one of like three (four if Snoke?) Force Users in the whole galaxy, he catches blaster bolts out of the air, and he doesn't just completely ruin Finn, the untrained grunt, in a duel how? The idea that Finn could manage to parry even a single blow from Ren is a joke and totally undermines his menace. He should have been taunting Finn and stalking at him and driving him back laughing at Finn's feeble novice defense.

Then Rey. The Whole Thing with Jedi is confronting the conflict between the Dark and the Light and there she is standing over her hated foe. That's clearly supposed to be a choice: give in to hate and smite this man (like Anakin does to Dooku or to Kenobi), or let him live and maybe redeem himself (like Obi-Wan to Anakin). But then instead of having that choice, a Deus Ex Earthquake makes it for her. What a wet fart of a conclusion to that fight. So instead of learning anything about Rey as far as how does she confront such an emotional conflict, we end up only learning that she's pretty good with a light saber. But maybe she's not that good, a mundane doofus did ok vs Ren just like a minute ago.

If you don't want to give her that choice at least let Ren make some cool escape to restore some dignity to his competency. Or have Hux swoop in to save Ren, poor guy barely did anything all movie.

My guess with Finn being able to fight back was that he was trained for melee combat, hence the electro baton stormtrooper.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!

I explain away Kylo Ren's incompetence in the forest scene as a combination of conflicted emotions from killing his father ruining his abilities together with him being physically hurt.

On one hand, I understand. Kylo, with being trained since he was young, seems like should have just killed him easily.

On the other, Kylo is extremely flawed. He's *clearly* playing with Finn in the beginning when he could have just killed him--there are at least two parries where he drops Finn to the ground then just waits for him to get back up.

He's a cocky, insecure dude. Finn gets a solid 2-3 chances to fuck up before he wises up and gets a little smarter in the duel. At the same time, I don't know if Kylo is the kind of dude to just Force-freeze someone and chop them up.

Kylo also overestimated his powers and probably had his confidence shaken by that as well. He thought it would be so easy to extract the information from Rey but then he got shrugged off.

Saw it last night. Wow. Amazing. Thoughts:

-I LOVE Rey so much as a character. Probably the most balanced, realistically handled female lead that I have seen in a sci-fi/fantasy movie in many, many years. She will make a great character role model for young women to look up to as an example of a girl in a fantasy setting being heroic, confident, and strong as steel. I really hope she doesn't turn out to be a Skywalker. It wouldn't bother me, she'd still be a fantastic character but it'd take away from her uniqueness. I loved her gradual realization and epiphany that she has the power to use the Force, it felt perfect. Overall Daisy Ridley did such a great job with her performance, she should be proud.

-The introductory shots in the desert with Rey scavaging were just fantastic. I felt like I was there with her, especially the shot where she peers down the sandhill before gently sledding down it toboggan style. I also loved the scene where she is eating her dinner while sitting beside the wrecked AT-AT and trying on the rebel helmet as she wistfully looks up at the starship in the sky. Little moments like that are so human and so relatable.

-Finn is GREAT. He has a great sense of humor and I love how his morals, compassion and enthusiasm with his new life helps him break free of his awful experiences in the First Order. Both Rey and Finn have such great chemistry both together and with the rest of the cast.

-Han Solo: I was a bit worried the old magic wouldn't be there but Harrison Ford nailed it. It was the Han we love but more emotionally beat up. Han has always been my favorite character so it really hurt me to see him die. As soon as he yelled "Ben!" I knew it was over. While his scene with Ren was emotional and his death was handled well, I hate that you know killing Han off was probably Harrison Ford's stupid idea since he has wanted him dead since Jedi. It also really ticks me off because Finn was great with Han, there was a lot of potential there for them to be an better duo in the next movie.

-Han's death was also a huge blow because I was hoping Han and Luke would get one more scene together and now we'll never have that. In my opinion they killed Han off too soon. It would have been nice to have him at least make it to Ep. 8 and then maybe have Kylo kill him at that point. Having Kylo be Han and Leia's son just felt too rushed. It's not that I didn't like that plot point per se, I thought it was presented well, but something that major character relation wise really needs more time to be fleshed out with more pay off.

-Poe Damaron is now officially the best pilot character ever in Star Wars. 'Nuff said. Take a seat, Wedge.

-BB-8 is now officially the greatest little robot in the Star Wars universe. It's a marvel how they could get so much natural cuteness, intelligence and emotion out of a simple little mech shaped like a volleyball. Also, one of the things I really love about the Star Wars universe is how the heroes treat little droids like BB-8 with kindness and compassion and not just as throwaways or toys. The scenes with Rey protecting him and Poe being so happy to see his "buddy" again are just so heartwarming.

-Carrie Fisher nailed it as Leia but didn't get enough scenes. She should have been the one to give Rey the lightsaber and a pep talk on the Force, not Maz.

-I really didn't like Maz. On her own she was an OK character...I guess, but she felt sooooo out of place both effects and story wise. Her CGI was poorly done which caused her facial expressions to feel weird and unnatural. Why is a 1,000 year old non-Jedi bartender a Force mentor? Everything about that character just felt off. And simply having Lupita N'yongo do her voice was a waste in my opinion. Every time I saw either Maz or Snoke I'd feel taken out of the moment and think "Hey, there's some crappy CGI which I thought this movie was trying to get away from." Other than those two missteps though, the rest of the movie's effects did a great job of breaking free from CGI. Real sets and costumes just can't be beat.

-Adam Driver was fantastic as Kylo Ren. Really solid, troubled, emotional performance. They really got the point across that while he is powerful and scary, he is also an unstable, angsty noob and I did not have to suspend my disbelief one single iota to buy that Rey was already a match for him.

-The lightsaber duel in the snowy forest was beautifully executed and so raw. I clapped when Rey started kicking Kylo's ass. I wish she'd been able to kill him but he's an excellent character and it will be interesting to see what they have in store later villain arc wise.

-Most of the humor was great but there were a few annoying self-aware, "Ok, dumb audience! It's time to laugh on cue, now!!!" lines which are too commonplace in movies these days. A few examples are: the scene where Chewy gives Han his crossbow and he says "I've always wanted to try this thing!" Why is a sappy line like that even needed? Why not just have Han take the crossbow? Why is a joke needed there? The scene where Rey is wrapping up her mind trick and the trooper finishes by saying "Aaaaand I'm dropping my blaster." *rimshot?*

-The reveal at the end with Luke was a beautifully done scene. I love the emotion on Rey's face as she holds out his lightsaber, it felt like she was saying "This is yours, you NEED this. Please take it." And Luke's face definitely gave off the feeling that he's been through a lot of pain in his failure to train Ben/Kylo and revive the Jedi order, but he can see that Rey is the Force telling him he needs to step to the plate now and come back. I just wish they could have had Luke have one short speaking scene with Rey before the credits rolled. I really hope Luke is a major part of Episode 8. I want him to have a nice, long mentorship with Rey.

Anyways, the last time I felt an emotional rush from the series this big was when my parents decided my siblings and I were old enough to watch them for the first time which was right when the first VHS tapes finally came out in 1991. Up until now, for me, my ranking was:

ESB

Episode III (so underatted, Anakin's fall and duel with Obi Wan were handled so well)

ANH

RoTJ

AotC

TPM

After last night, I'm pretty sure the Force Awakens is now my second favorite to ESB.

Honestly can't stand the movie cliche where something happens with a married couple's child and the woman leaves the man or the man leaves because the father reminds the wife of the son. So stupid

I agree but I don't remember any dialogue between Han and Leia that indicated in any concrete detail (other than maybe some subtle hints at longstanding personality differences, they're both stubborn people obviously) as to why they broke up let alone anything to indicate it had to do with Ben/Kylo's breakdown. Not only would that be a bad movie cliche, they'd have to be pretty awful parents and crummy people for one of them to use that excuse to break up the marriage. Yeah, Han said "He has too much Vader in him" but that was just him expressing skepticism at Leia's insistence that they try to turn him back (and do I wish he'd gone with that first instinct because while it was handled well, Han's death really bites for the reasons I went over above).

I bet when he wakes up he will have remembered his real name. My guess is he isn't a blank slate, and the first order can wipe their soldiers memories.

Movie implied that the troops are stolen as babies. No memory wipe needed.

Yeah, that's what I'm interested in - what did they use from the de-canonised stuff, if any? If I remember correctly, there was an EU that talked about Han and Leia's children. Did their son also go to the dark side?

The saga of the Solo Kids in the old EU was quite the soap opera at times.

There is Jacen and Jaina (twins). Jacen does go bad but it was much later in the EU. And then there was Anakin who dies heroically. Jacen and Kylo are nothing alike. And Han and Leia in the EU are happily married with Leia usually a high level government representative.

th

Got this book and lots of really fantastic stuff about the concept stages of the movie. Lots and lots and lots of fantastic art as well. Here are some things that stuck out to me:

• Honestly I think every change in the final movie was for the better.

Just seen it myself and loved it.

I really enjoyed seeing old faces and the way the new ones interacted.

And legit shook how inherently and sometimes unintentionally funny this movie is.

And props for putting a brother in such a main role.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Uh, this isn't the case at all. There is zero confirmation that Rey is Luke's daughter. Considering how far they went with misdirection that Finn would be the force user there is no way they will go with something as obvious as that.
Rei is Han's replacement- hence her piloting the Falcon at the end with Chewie and her bond with Han.

:/

I feel like Rey being Luke's daughter is the obvious truth staring everyone in the face they just don't want to believe for one reason or another. I guess it's fun to speculate though.

AAAAAHHHHHH Star Wars was amazeballs. I'll have more detailed impressions later tonight or tomorrow. I'm still out shopping with my girl. Just wanted to check in.

Just got back and kinda underwhelmed. Some quick impressions.

The good:
Rey was awesome. Good acting and fun character.
Lightsaber battle was nice. More honest and not overly choreographed. Really liked the transition to Rey being "the one"

The bad:
Finn was an ok character, but the actor is awful.
Han looked dreadful in action scenes.
Leia's awful acting.
Vader 2.0 acting was so bland. The mask sounded like one of those cheap hasbro toy masks half the time.
Luke being practically nonexistent.
Nothing grabbed me musically.

Overall, I'd honestly rank it dead last. It was just missing the charm of the old movies, something even the prequels got right. Might change with a second viewing, but that's how I feel.

Rydeen

We don't know how long the ghost thing is good for do we? It's been 30 years. Maybe it's just a short-term option and then you have to move on.
Yeah I assume Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda's souls have moved on and are now one with the Force. Only reason Obi-Wan stuck around as long as he did was to continue guiding Luke.

Appreciated how they flipped the "damsel in distress" meme on its head.

I admit, I was a little disappointed when I saw Kylo carrying Rey onto his ship as Finn got pissed off...thought that, even though it clearly had a great female character, it would dip into that tired well.

I *love* that they completely flipped that on its head and Rey ended up, after all, having to save him.

James93

Luke may or may not die but whatever.

Rey may be the new pilot of the falcon but she isn't the hans solo of the franchise. She clearly is the new luke. With fin filling in as the side character that solo was.

I liked it.

Didn't love it. Definitely liked it.

I REALLY wish it wasn't a retread of the Death Star for the third time... I thought the "new emperor" looked like a CG reject from I Am Legend... I felt that outside of Rey's theme the music was surprisingly weak... and I felt they blew their load making Kylo Han's son so early in the film (I would have loved it if the audience didn't know that, or see his face, until Han confronted him on the bridge).

All that being said, the new cast was fantastic, I'm particularly fond of Finn as this guy in way over his head, Poe was charming and witty, Rey is going to give little girls a new role model for decades to come, and BB8 toys are going to sell like hotcakes.

It was a good film, and I absolutely want to see where it's heading.

That's definitely where I'm at. I felt like there was just a lot of story I really wanted to see, even little things, and it would have made it much better for me. I have this weird mix of satisfaction and irritation that there wasn't MORE.

Slaythe

No joke, but many people think how good an actor looks matters in how well they act.

Adam has to be one of the ugliest young actors there is, so people didn't like his "performance" just because of that.

(and I'm sure they loved Anakin :p )

Many of my friends said his face "took them out" of the movie. Heh.

Which is ironic because he has never looked better than in the movie.

:/

I feel like Rey being Luke's daughter is the obvious truth staring everyone in the face they just don't want to believe for one reason or another. I guess it's fun to speculate though.

Because it's too obvious? And they already played the "one of the new cast members is the offspring of an OT cast member?"

Honestly I think they were pretty smart with this stuff in TFA. Outside of spoiler threads it seemed most people were speculating that Rey would be a Solo or a Skywalker and I don't remember much speculation at all that Ren would turn out to be a Solo.

And are we really going to buy that Luke Skywalker, of all people, abandons his baby daughter on a desert planet without a loving support structure? Really? Dude isn't going to pay forward the solid Obi Wan did for him? C'mon!

Rey may be the new pilot of the falcon but she isn't the hans solo of the franchise. She clearly is the new luke. With fin filling in as the side character that solo was.

I don't think we know what Finn will become. Poe is already the dashing rogue who is a fanastic pilot. Rey picks up the rest. Finn will play a part, sure, but he ain't the Han Solo of this trilogy.

No joke, but many people think how good an actor looks matters in how well they act.

Adam has to be one of the ugliest young actors there is, so people didn't like his "performance" just because of that.

(and I'm sure they loved Anakin :p )

Many of my friends said his face "took them out" of the movie. Heh.

Which is ironic because he has never looked better than in the movie.

people better get used to him quick. he's in a jeff nichols and scorsese movie next year. and he's one of the major parts of the future of this franchise.

this dude and oscar isaac kind of blew up immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom