• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

thetechkid said:
So I really enjoyed Summer Wars, is there anything else out there like it/Our War games?

Well it depends what you liked about it but The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is by the same director/production house.

Jex

Articalys said:
So I guess that's the new model then. Take an ongoing light novel series, make it into a 12-episode anime, rinse and repeat for another season if the first one does well enough for your liking.
I'd say they've been doing that for awhile now.

zeroshiki said:
In line behind the clamor for Spice and Wolf Season 3.

Yeah yeah, Spice and Wolf, blah blah...

They'd better greenlight season 2 of Highschool of the Dead and Hidan no Aria!

We already know there's no hope for season 3 of TWGOK so oh well.

duckroll

Looking forward to the new Gundam announcement. Hope it's not too horrible. Lol.

X-men First Class was pretty good. It's amazing how tight and engaging the script turned out, considering how 6 different people had a hand in writing it. I'm surprised they managed to pack so much content into a 2 hour movie. It was pretty rad. Needed more Emma doing kungfu in her Diamond Form though. Although, I guess that's what the anime is for right?! :D

Articalys

You know what, on second thought, if Shaft had diverted more resources towards a Bakemonogatari sequel/Kizumonogatari, we probably wouldn't have gotten Madoka. So there's a silver lining, I guess.

Jex

Sailor Moon 12-25

That sure is a lot of Sailor Moon. Pretty much everything about the show is improving the more episodes in I get.

Today's unnecessary trivia about Hidan no Aria, the Fuck Awesome Show of the season:

Though it's mentioned in the LN, Kinji's ancestry is omitted from the anime. (He's clearly not important enough to have his ancestry explained.) He is descended from Toyama Kagemoto, a relatively obscure figure in Japanese history. It explains why Kinji's James Bond Mode makes him incapable of not helping people, especially women. On the subject of whether Toyama Kagemoto was also a suave, smooth-talking womanizer when he activated his James Bond Mode, historians are disappointingly silent.

Reki (the sniper chick) also has an ancestry which is revealed later in the LNs, so I'll let it be for now.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Unknown Soldier said:
Reki (the sniper chick) also has an ancestry which is revealed later in the LNs, so I'll let it be for now.
Considering they're basically just using whoever the fuck they feel like, I'll bet she's either half-Russian and the great granddaughter of Vasily Zaitsev or half-Finnish and descended from Simo Häyhä or something.

My money's on Zaitsev going by the Dragonov.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A high school senior named Yōtarō thought he was an only child — until he met his real mother and discovered that she has 19 daughters. He ends up living with his "true family."

AJS2X.jpg

Well that vagina has to be destroyed. And a Harem.... really?

7Th

Trojita said:
AJS2X.jpg

The mom is supposed to be the woman with the classes in the bottom left corner... damn Japanese crazy medical magic.

Go_Ly_Dow

Trojita said:

The twist being each child was conceived with a different man!

I have a feeling this show could win some anime slut awards.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Articalys said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-5

To be honest, there's probably something lost when I already know so much about the series and its fate through sheer cultural osmosis, but it's still fun to be able to finally watch it all in sequence from the start. In particular I forgot how awesome of a song A Cruel Angel's Thesis is.

Shinji really is a loser, isn't he?
Yeah, the music in the original TV series is kind of shockingly better than Rebuild if you come from that first.
Articalys said:
Speaking of more anime, looks like you all get a second season of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? as well.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-06/kore-wa-zombie-desu-ka-gets-2nd-anime-season
The first one got to be so bad in the last half. Not wanting this at all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
M_Night said:
The twist being each child was conceived with a different man!

I have a feeling this show could win some anime slut awards.
It would have to be with different men, or at least one of them at least. There's a girl in there that is the stereotypical chinese girl that knows Kung-fu, or at least that's what the promo makes it look like.

Lain

Trojita said:
http://i.imgur.com/AJS2X.jpg

What's more interesting, here, is the notion that basically she must have been constantly pregnant.
This will sure be an interesting show to follow!

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Articalys said:
To be fair, I have seen the bit from 2.0 where
he suddenly becomes a complete godlike badass
, so I guess I mean "loser" in the terms of "not really that heroic". For the time being.

If anything that particular event makes him even more of a loser!

Jex

Articalys said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-5

To be honest, there's probably something lost when I already know so much about the series and its fate through sheer cultural osmosis, but it's still fun to be able to finally watch it all in sequence from the start. In particular I forgot how awesome of a song is.
So Rebuild first huh? That's kind of interesting.

jman2050

Articalys said:
Then where on god's green earth is the second season of Bakemonogatari?

They're busy trying to find which alley Shinbo is sleeping in so they can iron out the contracting arrangement.

Articalys

Jexhius said:
So Rebuild first huh? That's kind of interesting.
Well, techinally it would be random episodes here and there from the original series on Adult Swim while channel surfing some odd number of years ago, but let's not be picky.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Articalys said:
Then where on god's green earth is the second season of Bakemonogatari?
Koyomi Vampire was converted to a movie project. I'm not sure why they dumped on a second actual season given they have lots of source material (and frankly, Isin puts that shit out like R.L. Stine and they could just make more)

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Who would have thought that the more popular
and much better looking
mech would win a popularity contest?

Ghost Hunt - Good for kids?

I watched the first 3 episodes and really enjoyed it. Mai is a great character, the supporting cast is pretty good and the show has a nice creepy vibe that isn't overly in-your-face or disturbing about it. I was a little disappointed with how that first arc turned out since it just trades one supernatural element for another but after thinking about it, it does set a good tone for the show and open the door for some interesting twists. I'm interested to see where everything goes

Seems like the type of show my daughter would like but I don't want to go in if the tone deviates drastically from that first arc. Love the creepy vibe, but not if it goes gore or disgusting heavy

Also, screw you netflix, the audio and subtitles keep getting messed up on MAR. That aside I'm loving MAR, despite that stupid CG for the guardian arms

HamPster PamPster said:
Ghost Hunt - Good for kids?

I watched the first 3 episodes and really enjoyed it. Mai is a great character, the supporting cast is pretty good and the show has a nice creepy vibe that isn't overly in-your-face or disturbing about it. I was a little disappointed with how that first arc turned out since it just trades one supernatural element for another but after thinking about it, it does set a good tone for the show and open the door for some interesting twists. I'm interested to see where everything goes

Seems like the type of show my daughter would like but I don't want to go in if the tone deviates drastically from that first arc. Love the creepy vibe, but not if it goes gore or disgusting heavy

Also, screw you netflix, the audio and subtitles keep getting messed up on MAR. That aside I'm loving MAR, despite that stupid CG for the guardian arms
Later arcs get more disturbing and have some gore and deaths. Nothing too major but the last 2 arcs might be too much depending on the age of your daughter.

Steroyd

Sailormoon 13 or 14

Now I see what Hitokage meant when he said ALL generals are guys, seeing Zoicite brought back some memories of the dub.

So I watched a little bit of G4 earlier today as they was talking about Ubisoft's E3 press conference, and they mentioned that "Marvel Anime" would premiere on their channel in July

Sorry if old

trejo

Blue Exorcist 8

Eyebrows girl is so annoying. Anyone who can be so mean to Shiemi is very clearly a terrible person.

So while browsing for more stuff from May'n I came upon performances at Animax Musix 2010.

What the hell is this?! It's...AWESOME. Apparently Animax is putting on these concerts twice a year now where random performers sing anime OPs and EDs live. It looks like it's getting bigger every year too, the last one and the next one are both in the big arena in Yokohama they do these type of concerts in.

http://musix.animax.co.jp/index.html

Sort of directly related:

One of the B-side live tracks on the Hidan no Aria single is a live performance of Kimi Shinitamō Koto Nakare, the OP from Shangri-La. Is this anime worth watching? It was apparently produced by Gonzo back in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom