• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Milky Holmes 8

The girls have a cold! Oh noes!

hXHNm.jpg

He's going to keep topping himself, isn't he?

EyO2L.jpg

That mask has made quite the journey!

Resplendence Berserk! = Wonderland?
Erm...can't argue with that, I guess, heh

The deliberately abrupt scene transitions from Three Card to the plot are still entertaining!
Henrietta's
Boing-Boing Missile.
O_O Well...you can't make this stuff up, folks!

Overall, nice episode with a few random elements mixed in for "Wonderland". Twenty was still great, Kokoro still delightfully conniving and Sherlock still lovably stupid!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The biggest problem I'm seeing with Sakamichi no Apollon is that it looks like a slice of life anime.

I'm beyond cool with this; for me it's really exciting to see Watanabe involved in something outside of the Bebop/Champloo formula for which he's mostly known.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Cowboy Bebop was totally slice of life.

Cowboy Bebop's genre is Cowboy Bebop.

wonzo

Banned
HidaSketch x365 02

hidasketchx36502.jpg

The 3 rabbits.

While the animation wasn't as fluid as the first episode this still had all that Hidamari charm.
Not even The Principal is immune to the effect of valentines chocolate.

tit physics that would make hotd blush. guilty crown really does have everything
except a good writer

I'm beyond cool with this; for me it's really exciting to see Watanabe involved in something outside of the Bebop/Champloo formula for which he's mostly known.
Have you seen his short for Genius Party?

Another end

Okay I'll admit I did not see that coming. What a tweest! Solid finale to a solid show.

This really surprised me in the end. Wasn't much to it at first, but the deliberate slow pacing of the first few episodes seems like a good choice in retrospect. It really helped set the mood while keeping it subtle (even if that was mostly thrown out the window by the end). The Final Destinationness just kept escalating until it all culminated in one crazy climax. Great atmosphere too.

Definitely the best horror show since Shiki (though I don't even know if there's been any since then).

I still have to catch up on ben-to and another.
So far behind:(

Luckily im off tomorrow.

Ben-To was glorious at the beginning and the end, they kinda got sidetracked from fighting over half-priced box lunches in the middle though.

Another...well, Mei's cuteness is a miracle of the universe itself. The show itself made me sad at the end, so much potential was wasted on that ending.

Jex

[Ano Natsu Whatever - Finale]

This is a fairly strong finale all round. Things and characters are wrapped up (as much as is appropriate), the plot is tied up and the actual episode is well-made. This show has been consistently good throughout, with no real missteps or bad episodes in sight, which is quite a feat.

Personally, I was rather detached from the ending because I don't really have any interest in the characters of Ichika or Kaito, but that's just due down to personal taste.

Defuser

Let's see...

Apollon
Hyouka
Sankarea
Kore wa Zombie desuka? of the dead
Zetman
Jormungand
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Space Bros
E7 AO
Medaka box
Cthulu girl
Accel World
Sphere the anime
Acchi Kocchi

Every time I see Kids on the slope, I would immediately think of the name Kids in the hall.

Edit: Oh and those who finally watch finish Another,go check out the difference in the novel vs anime. Apparently I heard P.A Works butchered the show.

I guess I can re-list what I plan to watch with nonsensical commentary behind it.

SD Naruto: I like gag stuff, so I might watch this.
Sengoku Collection: Will probably be a painful experience. Curse my like for the Sengoku period.
Fate/Zero S2: Let's get the
Let's Kill Caster Party
started!
Hyou-ka: Them eyes.
Acchi Kocchi: I dunno why.
Accel World: Maybe if I could get over how stupid the MC looks.
Tsuritama: Fishing anime?
Natsuiro Kiseki:
Only if it becomes a magical girl series
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Silly, Nyaruko-san.
Sakamichi no Apollon: Give me all that jazz.
Medaka Box: I guess hype?

I would probably also want to watch Kore Zombie Desu Ka? OF THE DEAD whenever I get around to finishing S1. Also, expect to drop half if not all of these shows.

[Ano Natsu Whatever - Finale]

This is a fairly strong finale all round. Things and characters are wrapped up (as much as is appropriate), the plot is tied up and the actual episode is well-made. This show has been consistently good throughout, with no real missteps or bad episodes in sight, which is quite a feat.

Personally, I was rather detached from the ending because I don't really have any interest in the characters of Ichika or Kaito, but that's just due down to personal taste.

meh. I'm just waiting for the sequel focusing on Remon's 'job'.

iHPNZck1WJOQd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom