• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

was finally able to get into walker assault on xbox one. I liked it more than dropzone. Playing as Vader/Luke was actually kind of fun. But both were never out at once it seemed. Wanted to try to get a duel

I'm disappointed. It feels very Titanfall-y where the initial few hours will be fun, but then very empty and repetitive and boring after a few hours. Once the intial "OMG STARWARS SHOOTER" wears off i feel like everyone is going to go back to COD/Halo/whatever the big shooter is on consoles.

The snow map is so empty and lifeless.

Graphics wise the environments look great tho. Hopefully the retail version is much better

This is exactly what i'm thinking. Something feels really off about the gameplay, it's... not dynamic enough ? It's beautiful, it sounds great, but that's not enough for me.

Disker

Wow, that implosion granade (best effect on console right now imo) :D

I can still remember people screaming "DOWNGRADE OMG NOT REAL"

I just told them "Hang on let's just wait, EA is pretty solid the last few years, it is not Ubisoft. The FB-enigne is really capable"

The sound on my headset and 7.1 set is AMAZING :O

So any word on the Xbox One version? How does it look graphically? Any guesses on the resolution? How's the anti-aliasing? Smooth 60fps?

antonz

This is exactly what i'm thinking. Something feels really off about the gameplay, it's... not dynamic enough ? It's beautiful, it sounds great, but that's not enough for me.

I think Map variety will be the biggest thing. gameplay and such is there. Hoth is pretty nice on Walker Assault. They need to have some crazy diversity that really changes things up on maps.

So any word on the Xbox One version? How does it look graphically? Any guesses on the resolution? How's the anti-aliasing? Smooth 60fps?

Graphically it looks great. The 720p resolution is barely noticeable in my eyes.

Frame rate? It does have some drops in the heat of battle. Nothing game breaking, but noticeable in very brief batches.

Net code appears to be spot on from what I can tell.

GravyButt

Well I didn't really have much interest in this at all. Like 0. Just played it. Wow. Talk about a complete 360 degree change of thought. Yikes I really enjoyed what I got to play. Cant wait to try some more tomorrow. Going to have to keep a closer eye on this one now!!

The Flash

Banned
There's rubberbanding up the wazoo for me on XB1. Game looks good though.

At least you can find a game, I'm still sitting here with one other guy in the lobby and can't find a match.

It's ridiculous. I've been playing for an hour and I've lost every single match. Need some Gaf bros up in this hiz house.

Graphically it looks great. The 720p resolution is barely noticeable in my eyes.

Frame rate? It does have some drops in the heat of battle. Nothing game breaking, but noticeable in very brief batches.

Net code appears to be spot on from what I can tell.

What a bummer if it is yet again 720p, i at least had expected that to improve. But if it's barely noticeable, that sounds promising. As long as the picture still looks nice. And AA wise? Less of those nasty jaggies that we had in BF4 and Hardline?

Its 720p most likely, it really shows on the Sellust Map. Really blurry. There are some framerate drops on Sellust too.

Walker Assault is rubberbanding galore and the new NXOE is producing some performance issues for me too.

Ramirez

What a bummer if it is yet again 720p, i at least had expected that to improve. But if it's barely noticeable, that sounds promising. As long as the picture still looks nice. And AA wise? Less of those nasty jaggies that we had in BF4 and Hardline?

It's a huge step up from BF4 & Hardline on X1, but it's still a very disappointing image quality overall, IMO. I have a hard time seeing enemies on Sullust, and I'm getting the rubberbanding in WA as well. Gonna download the PS4 version on Thursday and see if it's any better.

It's a huge step up from BF4 & Hardline on X1, but it's still a very disappointing image quality overall, IMO. I have a hard time seeing enemies on Sullust, and I'm getting the rubberbanding in WA as well.

Agree with this, same for me.

If you own both consoles, get it for PS4 first and foremost. Had a way better experience on PS4 so far. No lags, stutter or rubberbanding. Even the framerate seems to hold up way better on PS4 too.

Its 720p most likely, it really shows on the Sellust Map. Really blurry. There are some framerate drops on Sellust too.

Walker Assault is rubberbanding galore and the new NXOE is producing some performance issues for me too.

It's a huge step up from BF4 & Hardline on X1, but it's still a very disappointing image quality overall, IMO. I have a hard time seeing enemies on Sullust, and I'm getting the rubberbanding in WA as well. Gonna download the PS4 version on Thursday and see if it's any better.

Well that's disappointing, seeing as how plenty of developers seem to have been making that gap smaller and smaller. It would surprise me if the difference this team is very significant, other than resolutions of course. At the end of the day it's not DICE's fault though, it's good news that it's a big improvement over BF4 and Hardline though. I only own the Xbox One (next year PS4 will come here) so it's not like i am even going to notice any differences.

Ramirez

Well that's disappointing, seeing as how plenty of developers seem to have been making that gap smaller and smaller. At the end of the day it's not DICE's fault though, it's good news that it's a big improvement over BF4 and Hardline though. I only own the Xbox One (next year PS4 will come here) so it's not like i am even going to notice any differences.

I mean, for me personally, it still looks incredible, just don't expect crystal clear image quality.

Well that's disappointing, seeing as how plenty of developers seem to have been making that gap smaller and smaller. It would surprise me if the difference this team is very significant, other than resolutions of course. At the end of the day it's not DICE's fault though, it's good news that it's a big improvement over BF4 and Hardline though. I only own the Xbox One (next year PS4 will come here) so it's not like i am even going to notice any differences.

You cant close a Hardware gap, never going to happen.

I usually don't care and can't tell the difference in resolution or whatever. I can definitely see the blurry look on Sullust on Xbox one

I mean, for me personally, it still looks incredible, just don't expect crystal clear image quality.

Well i played some BF4 today and i can still cope with this image quality, so a clear improvement over that is something i can only applaud. I'll especially be happy if the nasty jaggies this time around are not showing their ugly heads. God it honestly takes me out of the experience...the horrible shimmering.

I got very lucky earlier and was able to get an Xbox One code.

God damn this game is amazing. I'm so bad, but I'm loving it nonetheless!

Top Bottom