• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the Knights are mostly just backstory stuff and aren't meant to be involved going forward. There may be some stuff about it I'm just not convinced they'll be involved in a major story arc or be what the movie's about.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I know nothing spoiler wise about 8 but I cant think why the knights wouldnt be used in some capacity, it would make some story sense given that Kylo has taken a bashing, he is the "Master of the knights of Ren" so theres no reason to believe they have been wiped out, they would be out for some revenge.

I always thought the Knights will be hunting down Finn/Rey/Luke with no regard for life.

I think Snoke was being a little taunting with him, he was once the leader but I don't get the impression they're together anymore. Where were they in Episode VII? Just in a flashback that happened like 15 years or something prior. For me there's been no signal that they'll play some big role going forward, but I could be wrong and it would be cool.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think Snoke was being a little taunting with him, he was once the leader but I don't get the impression they're together anymore. Where were they in Episode VII? Just in a flashback that happened like 15 years or something prior. For me there's been no signal that they'll play some big role going forward, but I could be wrong and it would be cool.

Could easily be explained that they have been sent to look for Luke across the galaxy

According to Bloodline, Ben was still training with Luke five years before The Force Awakens, so the flashback's at most five years before the events of the film. I think JJ put them in there for a reason. He could have had a scene of Kylo on his own if they were to play no significant role going forward.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did anyone else think that Orson Krennic was the guy in the season 3 Rebels trailer? Since I haven't read Heir to the Empire, Thrawn doesn't mean much to me aside from knowing he's a fan favorite, think it would've been a bit cooler for it to have been Krennic.

Did anyone else think that Orson Krennic was the guy in the season 3 Rebels trailer? Since I haven't read Heir to the Empire, Thrawn doesn't mean much to me aside from knowing he's a fan favorite, think it would've been a bit cooler for it to have been Krennic.

Thrawn's been rumoured for months, so I was expecting him really. Krennic looks good and I'm confident Mendelsohn will nail it, but bringing Thrawn back made a lot of people happy. Getting Timothy Zahn in to collaborate was another great idea.

I'm sure Krennic will get his time to shine in Rogue One.

Einchy

Sorry if I am late, but any info on a new trailer for Rougue one?

What was first said to be a trailer was actually thst reel that we saw, however, they did show a new trailer but only for the people attending. Two people recorded it with their phones, the quality is pretty terrible so you can't see much but it only had a few new clips in there, so you're not missing much. I don't have a link to it but it's probably not too hard to find if you google around a bit.

Boke1879

They really just need to officially release that trailer. It's only like a minute long but it'll get people hype. Something tells me they'll release it tomorrow but who knows.

Honestly no real reason to hold that back.

-griffy-

Banned
These are fun:
Cnhe5I-UIAA_OYl.jpg

Cnhe5I-VIAAnZ7E.jpg

Cnhe5JgUIAADrII.jpg

Cnhe5LSUAAAVt2e.jpg

Boke1879

I'm of two minds. The opening crawl and fanfare should be solely relegated to the main movies.

But if the anthology films are going to be a mainstay I do think they should create something separate for it

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Sooner or later anthology films we'll be all we'll have left, unless we end up with Episode XIV somewhere down the line, so they need to keep something iconic for the side stories. I agree it would be nice for them to have a little of their own identity, but listing that fanfare would be a real shame.

TheXbox

Sooner or later anthology films we'll be all we'll have left, unless we end up with Episode XIV somewhere down the line, so they need to keep something iconic for the side stories. I agree it would be nice for them to have a little of their own identity, but listing that fanfare would be a real shame.
I would applaud them for having the restraint to stop at IX, but they won't. There will be new episodes as long as they keep making money. The number doesn't matter since they hide it in the marketing anyway.

Arc

I would applaud them for having the restraint to stop at IX, but they won't. There will be new episodes as long as they keep making money. The number doesn't matter since they hide it in the marketing anyway.

I think there will be a new side trilogy of some sort (different era) before we see X, XI, XII.

BahamutPT

Got a wristband for the Future Filmmakers panel, but not at the Celebration Stage. Galaxy Stage where they'll stream it. Good enough, I suppose :)

Yeah, wristbands were flying fast around 6:20 today. I believe there were still some available around 7:00 when I finally got my coffee and lined up for the doors queue, but I'm pretty sure everyone's excited for a possible Episode VIII teaser and - maybe cast on stage, since they announced they'll have "Special Guests".

Einchy

Got a wristband for the Future Filmmakers panel, but not at the Celebration Stage. Galaxy Stage where they'll stream it. Good enough, I suppose :)

Hide a camera in your pooper, you gotta record everything for us, man.

[edit]

BRIkMCk.png

Oh wow, there's nothing interesting to watch tomorrow. You know, Celebration is kind of boring if you're watching it online.

Yeah, wristbands were flying fast around 6:20 today. I believe there were still some available around 7:00 when I finally got my coffee and lined up for the doors queue, but I'm pretty sure everyone's excited for a possible Episode VIII teaser and - maybe cast on stage, since they announced they'll have "Special Guests".
Damn, that early huh? I imagine many waited overnight or stayed somewhere nearby. I got here at 07:40-ish, which was the earliest I could.
Hide a camera in your pooper, you gotta record everything for us, man.
In my pooper? I'd give myself away if I stick my ass towards the screen!

BahamutPT

Damn, that early huh? I imagine many waited overnight or stayed ,,,,,,somewhere nearby. I got here at 07:40-ish, which was the earliest I could.

Yeah, the first two days weren't this bad.
On the 15th I arrived around 7:30 and there were still plenty wristbands for Rogue One.
Yesterday, at around the same time I arrived today, there were virtually no queues, even for Rebels.
However, today the Future Filmmaker wirstband queue was packed and zigzagged 3 times. Not to mention the hordes of people that went by me on the way out of the center (I guess they stayed overnight and were going to get some sleep before doors open)

Half an hour to go.
Yeah, the first two days weren't this bad.
On the 15th I arrived around 7:30 and there were still plenty wristbands for Rogue One.
Yesterday, at around the same time I arrived today, there were virtually no queues, even for Rebels.
However, today the Future Filmmaker wirstband queue was packed and zigzagged 3 times. Not to mention the hordes of people that went by me on the way out of the center (I guess they stayed overnight and were going to get some sleep before doors open)
Jesus Christ. I'm relieved I managed to get a wristband for it at all. The Episode VIII Effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom