• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws: Official Game Overview Trailer | Ubisoft Forward 2024

According to Tom Henderson the game's scope was actually reduced in order to release on time. Not much else but click here.
Knee jerk reaction is outrage to a game being downsized, but this is a ubisoft open world game we're talking about, so a reduction of scope comes as a relief if you think about it. With luck they'll have cut out the fluff and kept the meat.

Kacho

I dunno. think it looks pretty good aesthetically. The shooting looks a little wonky though. Hopefully it’s not completely jank.

My only major gripe is the dopey female protagonist, but we are in [current year] where the force is female is running wild, brothers.

Not a day 1 cop but maybe a few months later when the content complete package is $50-60.

Last edited:

Success

Gold Member
This dude is usually a shill and full of shit, i would not trust anything he says.

In the same way how you "shill" everything against Sweet Baby Inc.

Just because someone is a "shill" doesn't make their opinion invalid. You just consider the lens that they are viewing it from.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Just because someone is a "shill" doesn't make their opinion invalid. You just consider the lens that they are viewing it from.
I'm not talking about politics, i'm talking about the games.

He always act unnaturaly enthusiast for every little shit, i can only imagine him doing this because he get to play games before normal people so he has to give something in return.

Last edited:

Success

Gold Member
I'm not talking about politics, i'm talking about the games.

He always act unnaturaly enthusiast for every little shit, i can only imagine him doing this because he get to play games before normal people so he has to give something in return.

Sweet Baby Inc are a games consultancy firm.

So we are still talking about games.

I do agree that it is easy to spot people that always tend to shill for a particular opinion.

Nydius

Gold Member
These are the guys who made the Division right. The first Division has one of the most impressive open worlds ever made so not surprised to see the open world looking good here. Some of the graphics are very impressive. I just hate the main character. A woman pretending to be Han Solo. Ugh. Women aren't scoundrels.

Also the same people who put out Avatar Frontiers of Pandora which, graphically, was an amazing open world that truly captured the aesthetics of Pandora. But the gameplay was a tedious, boring, buggy slog that was the typical worst-of-Ubisoft open world by numbers design.

JayK47

The stealth takedowns look weak and slow. Hard to imagine that would knock someone out. I am guessing the game will be full of moments like that, where the impossible becomes possible because it's Star Wars.

Between Avatar's difficulty being turned down with every patch and this demo falling apart when action started, there seems to be a mandate to keep things ultra casual.

Avatar was vicious. At launch it was the closest thing to Crysis in a decade. Now they fucked with the AI and damage models and it's not as fun.

Between Avatar's difficulty being turned down with every patch and this demo falling apart when action started, there seems to be a mandate to keep things ultra casual.

Avatar was vicious. At launch it was the closest thing to Crysis in a decade. Now they fucked with the AI and damage models and it's not as fun.

There is a trend that is sweeping the industry lately which is "we want every player to be able to complete our game" and it's ruining many games as a result. This industry is so prone to trends it's pathetic and they're usually for the worse.

Also the same people who put out Avatar Frontiers of Pandora which, graphically, was an amazing open world that truly captured the aesthetics of Pandora. But the gameplay was a tedious, boring, buggy slog that was the typical worst-of-Ubisoft open world by numbers design.

I hate to admit it but yes Avatar is such a slog of a game!

I'm sorry but no, if someone is a shill than by definition their opinion can't be trusted and is therefore invalid. Also, you can't shill against something. Wrong and wrong. Try again.

Success

Gold Member
I'm sorry but no, if someone is a shill than by definition their opinion can't be trusted and is therefore invalid. Also, you can't shill against something. Wrong and wrong. Try again.

"Also, you can't shill against something"

If you shill FOR something then you are automatically shilling AGAINST something.

Better luck next time buttercup 😘

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Knee jerk reaction is outrage to a game being downsized, but this is a ubisoft open world game we're talking about, so a reduction of scope comes as a relief if you think about it. With luck they'll have cut out the fluff and kept the meat.

The most likely option is that they reduced the core but left the repetitive sluggish content in. I don't trust one bit this will be a concentrated gaming experience with a good pacing.

Top Bottom