• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

It's Episode VII. I'd pre-order your tickets and then pre-order your ass in your seat an hour early.

Unless it's assigned seating.

Anyone know if the Universal Citywalk IMAX in CA will be showing it?

Gotcha, thanks! And oh, going to a theater with assigned seating for a show like this is a really good idea. Thank you.

(I'd be shocked if that IMAX wasn't showing it. You could call 'em and ask, though.)

Gotcha, thanks! And oh, going to a theater with assigned seating for a show like this is a really good idea. Thank you.

(I'd be shocked if that IMAX wasn't showing it. You could call 'em and ask, though.)
Yeah, I think the only theaters in our area that do that are IMAX's. Check on Fandango though, I may be wrong.

Also, you should check your PMs. I have a proposition for you. :p

I'm gonna be at Disney World when the movie comes out.

Very interested in how busy it's gonna be down there, or if they'll do anything special since it's Disney World. lol

maxcriden

Yeah, I think the only theaters in our area that do that are IMAX's. Check on Fandango though, I may be wrong.

I know Studio Movie Grill + Cinebistro do it. :)

(replied to your PM, thanks!)

I happily sat through all the marvel movies for the Avengers AOU, but given I've never seen star wars and I have zero hype for the new one, not my cup of tea.

I don't believe you, TOOHEF. You know you'll be seeing it with that big movie pass of yours, bro.

Chairhome

I'm gonna be at Disney World when the movie comes out.

Very interested in how busy it's gonna be down there, or if they'll do anything special since it's Disney World. lol
From the OP
Also, join the celebration at Walt Disney World as AMC Theatres and Disney Parks celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The Opening Night Event will take place on December 17, where participants will be among the first to see the new film at AMC Disney Springs 24 and then celebrate together at a private after-hours party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Tickets are available online only at AMCtheatres.com/StarWarsWDW

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Remember, Alamo is opening their first Bay Area theater late this year, the New Mission. While it's not open yet, it appears that you WILL be able to pre-purchase Force Awakens tickets for the opening day showing online. Including the special tickets that have the Pint Glass designed by Mondo

https://drafthouse.com/starwars/sf

Last time I tried a Star Wars marathon there was only 3 movies, and I made it halfway through Jedi before bailing.

No way I'm doing it now.

Mitch

Banned
Doing a marathon would be crazy cool, but I can't take time away from work to do that.

I'll try to get a 7-10pm showing for my dad and I.

Last time I tried a Star Wars marathon there was only 3 movies, and I made it halfway through Jedi before bailing.

No way I'm doing it now.

I watched all 3 prequels in a day a couple of weeks ago with some commentaries done by podcasters I like and I'm pretty sure I'm good on those for the next 20 years. I hadn't watched Episode I in over a decade and I was just astonished by what I was seeing with fresh eyes.

Potts

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the marathon-participating threatres will offer just the standalone movie at the premiere? Or is the only way to watch the first showing through the marathon?

Does anyone know if the marathon-participating threatres will offer just the standalone movie at the premiere? Or is the only way to watch the first showing through the marathon?

You can bet that they'll be cramming as many simultaneous screenings as they can into that weekend. The marathon will be it's own thing.

Not

Banned
Just recently watched the non-specialized versions, so I have no reason to participate in the marathon.

Especially with Darth Vader's -- spoiler --

tumblr_inline_mnmjxcoYNs1qz4rgp.gif

ruining two movies instead of one

Boogie9IGN

Will finally be able to watch ANH and RotJ in theaters so I'm definitely taking the day off and doing the marathon in SJ at Oakridge (or maybe just drive up to Dublin for that sweet IMAX)!

Any word on how much the marathon tickets are? Do we have to buy it through Fandango or some special retailer?

Boogie9IGN

Sweet. I'm literally five minutes away from two different options.

What time do we think this will start - 6am Thur? That's 3hrs/movie x 6 movies = 18 hours. Factor in short breaks and intermissions to hit the 3hrs/ea.

iirc I saw on the Reddit megathread it would start at 4am

Mairu

Anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Remember, Alamo is opening their first Bay Area theater late this year, the New Mission. While it's not open yet, it appears that you WILL be able to pre-purchase Force Awakens tickets for the opening day showing online. Including the special tickets that have the Pint Glass designed by Mondo

https://drafthouse.com/starwars/sf

Gonna try and get tickets to this since I've been waiting for this theater to open for years!

Can't see myself sitting through a whole marathon as big as that.

Looking forward to this movie though. Waiting until the Christmas week to see it with my family.

Toparaman

Banned
Check out some pics of the ongoing restoration... this theater is going to be classy as fuck! Not to mention cutting edge in terms of all the tech it will be using for the screen and sounds.

https://drafthouse.com/sf/news/resurrecting-the-new-misssion-4-close-ups-fresh-screens-free-movies

Oh man it's opening in time for TFA? Now I really have to make a decision. Got a pretty good theater just 15 minutes away, or the famous Drafthouse that's an hour away. Never been to a Drafthouse before.

I'm leaning towards my local theater, and maybe I'll go to Drafthouse for a second screening if TFA is really good.

If you guys are getting AMC tickets, keep in mind that the AMC phone app is way faster than the AMC website - just make sure to enter in your Credit Card beforehand if you haven't already. Fandango is also usually reliable and works with AMC too.

Not shooting for the marathon, but I am putting in for the Disney Springs event that continues over to Hollywood Studios for a party and fireworks!

WOOOOOOOO!

ViciousDS

Banned
eh...........screw it, guess I'll just do the marathon at home....real easy too since I own all of them on vudu and then go out to the see the movie that weekend with friends.

Oh man... some friends and I decided to go after the Disney AMC screening in Florida with the after party until 2am... tickets are $100. Hope we can secure them in time. If anyone else here is going we'd love to meet up and hang out before and after the flick! Just send me a PM if you're going and want to meet up :)

StillEdge

Anyone know any theatres in Southern California that do assigned seating. Don't want to buy so early and get a shitty seat.

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone know any theatres in Southern California that do assigned seating. Don't want to buy so early and get a shitty seat.

I don't but you have 24 hours to find out... go on fandango.com and explore the theaters in your area... any screens with assigned seating (usually imax or other premium screens) will be labeled as assigned seating.

StillEdge

Arclight is reserved seating. There's several in LA and one in San Diego.

I've been to Arclight for movie premieres and Q&A things but I was shooting for IMAX and it doesn't seem like they have IMAX? I could be completely wrong, but I've never seen a movie there in IMAX.

Chairhome

Anyone know if they reserve some tickets for in person preorders? I have a friend that's going to wait at the IMAX a few hours before to ensure he gets a ticket.

No way I'm doing it now.

I don't know how people do Extended Edition Marathons of The Lord of the Rings. I couldn't do a marathon of these movies either. I'm getting too old for this shit.

I know the Cinepolis theaters have assigned seating. Those are the fancy Alamo rip off theaters though. Will cost you like $20 for a ticket though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom