• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The 6.1 million players in the beginning ( I believe that was in the first 48 hrs, could be wrong) were early release. Every one of those copies were bought. You had to pay the $100 dollars to get in early access. That's the version I bought myself.

No, that was after the official launch including GamePass

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
At 350 hours. My goal is to try to beat this before 2024.

Checklist:
  • Almost done finishing up all my random side quests and activities. (completing tonight)
  • Ryujin questline (starting tonight)
  • UC questline
  • Get my last 2 levels in Starship Engineering and make the ultimate ship.
  • Get 4 levels in Outpost Construction and max out everything I want to do with that.
  • Grind the last levels to hit 100 for the final achievement (Currently 65)
  • Beat the last main quest.
  • Briefly look at new game+

SpokkX

At 350 hours. My goal is to try to beat this before 2024.

Checklist:
  • Almost done finishing up all my random side quests and activities. (completing tonight)
  • Ryujin questline (starting tonight)
  • UC questline
  • Get my last 2 levels in Starship Engineering and make the ultimate ship.
  • Get 4 levels in Outpost Construction and max out everything I want to do with that.
  • Grind the last levels to hit 100 for the final achievement (Currently 65)
  • Beat the last main quest.
  • Briefly look at new game+
No spoiler but if i had done all that before new game plus i would have been pissed with how it works

Punished Miku

No spoiler but if i had done all that before new game plus i would have been pissed with how it works
I know mostly how it works. I'm not planning on carrying it over. I'd like to finish it all up and then take a break. Then I will come back and maybe do a short run on main quest only and the DLC for the next game. Only thing I'd really be missing is my ship honestly, and I can always make another.

I'm hoping they will eventually add a survival mode and that will be the true final game for me if it's actually fun.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Saw that patch dropped. Hoping they fixed some of the crashing. At least memory leak issues were resolved.

This would be cool to jump into over the Thanksgiving holiday. Wouldnt mind getting sucked back in again if its stable.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I'm gonna disagree.

NG+ is like its own path, you absolutely do not have to rush to NG+ to get any kind of 'full enjoyment' out of the game, especially considering that it locks you into some equipment and the star-ship.

Havoc2049

Looks like they kinda fixed the NPCs looking like crackheads

Nice! That was actually my biggest complaint is everyone following you with their eyes and giving you the crazy eyes look. It just seems so weird that they shipped it like that. It was just one of those things that you instantly noticed and it looked horrible.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I'm gonna disagree.

NG+ is like its own path, you absolutely do not have to rush to NG+ to get any kind of 'full enjoyment' out of the game, especially considering that it locks you into some equipment and the star-ship.
NG+ ruined this game completely as far as im concerned, one of the most stupid decisions in recent memory and completely goes against what Bethesda is good at

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I've followed the note purchased from the provisioner and this what I've found. Nice.

gX5CphZ.png

Punished Miku

Wut 😮
How? In space or on a planet?
I tried to do that on a landed ship but the door was inaccessible.
Planet lol. I think I got a lucky glitch. Its fully usable except I cant exit from inside lol. I can exit from the pilot's chair though no problem. Also so far no enemy Starborn will fire on me. They just fly around and talk shit. I havent tried registering it yet.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It’s so interesting to start a new game with all the knowledge of a previous full play through. Environmental story telling in that first lab that you visit with Vasco makes so much more sense if you completed Vanguard quest line.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yup. Game that keeps on giving. I don’t know if new notes are added to provisioners stock though after 48 hours, like other items. Only thought about it now.

So I checked. And no, it didn't work. Actually, there were completely different people living there when I returned 2 days later, which ruined my immersion.

On top of that, air lock failed to load and all habs were wide open. On top of that, I was spawned in mid air and took damage upon 'landing'.

Bethesda!

Punished Miku

Ship glitch update:

Successfully registered it for 7046 credits. Successfully switched to a different ship. Its still in my ship list.

Forth

Neophyte
I've just started the Dragon star book quest but when I deliver the book successfully, it is still in my inventory.
Surely if I give someone an item it should then not be in my inventory.

Punished Miku

I've just started the Dragon star book quest but when I deliver the book successfully, it is still in my inventory.
Surely if I give someone an item it should then not be in my inventory.
I think he says during that quest that you can have his 2nd edition copy. Unless you have some glitch.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So I checked. And no, it didn't work. Actually, there were completely different people living there when I returned 2 days later, which ruined my immersion.

On top of that, air lock failed to load and all habs were wide open. On top of that, I was spawned in mid air and took damage upon 'landing'.

Bethesda!
That’s a feature!

DaGwaphics

I'm gonna disagree.

Agreed. I would say the opposite is true and not doing things first is a detriment to how the game is meant to be played.

The game is trying to create a sense of deja vu with NG+, as your character experienced these events previously in another universe. I don't see how that sticks very well if you haven't experienced these situations in the first play through. [/Spoiler}

DaGwaphics

This game just keeps on giving. 200 hours later I realize that I can build greenhouses… As long as I’m on a suitable planet, otherwise they won’t show up in the build menu.

Does that allow you to grow crops for credits? I still haven't gotten back to it to check out the production side of it.

Top Bottom