• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starship Troopers: Extermination Console Preorders Are Now Live

havoc00

In true Starship Troopers fashion, the multiplayer co-op shooter pits teams of up to 16 players against waves of murderous bug aliens. Most of the game involves blasting giant insects, but players will also need to construct fortifications and complete objectives to succeed each mission. Players also get to customize their characters with unique classes and gear.

Starship Troopers: Extermination's initial early access launch was light on content, but the final version will include more planets, weapons, and mission types, as well as expanded progression systems. It'll also have a single-player mode featuring actor Casper Van Dien reprising his role as Johnny Rico from the original Starship Trooper film. If similar games like Helldivers 2 aren't Starship Troopers-y enough for you, there's a chance Starship Troopers: Extermination could do the trick.

While Starship Troopers: Extermination is already available on Steam via early access--you can save on Steam keys at GameSpot sister site Fanatical--the final version will launch on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Physical preorders are available at multiple online retailers, and buying early gets you unique bonus items and even a lower price on PC.

So far, Starship Troopers: Extermination is only getting a $50 standard edition. It includes the base game plus the Warrior Armor Pack preorder bonus. You can preorder physical PS5 and Xbox Series X copies at Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop. Digital preorders are also available.

PC players can also buy the game now on Steam and the Epic Games Store for just $30 and play the early access version before launch. As mentioned, you can get it for even less from Fanatical. Steam keys are available for $26.88. The PC version will jump to $50 starting October 11, so grabbing it early is a wise move even if you don't plan on playing during the rest of the early access period. Especially since you can save nearly 50% off its future price this way.

Hero of Spielberg

Gold Member
There's a sliver of a chance, but ultimately it might end up with a dead online community, so I'm hoping they did a good job in fleshing out the single player offerings. I like the idea of a first person version based on an existing license.
I think their trouble on the single-player front might come with Space Marine 2 coming out a month before too. Hopefully for their sake the IP can get them across the line as you say.

pqueue

this is your regular reminder.

DO NOT PREORDER.

Unless you MUST HAVE some sort of super duper collector's edition... there was ALWAYS be plenty of copies available on release day or after you have read actual game reviews.

TheMan

Pc version launched well but then some updates turned the performance to shit so I dropped it. Not sure if they ever fixed but it was decent fun for a while. Nothing beyond what you’d expect

Connxtion

Gold Member
this is your regular reminder.

DO NOT PREORDER.

Unless you MUST HAVE some sort of super duper collector's edition... there was ALWAYS be plenty of copies available on release day or after you have read actual game reviews.
Especially on Xbox as they count that as the purchase date and if you try to refund it it’s declined.

Got stung with that with Star Wars remaster.

The Stig

i had a lot of fun when this came out in early access. but then helldivers came and kinda took away all its steam (from me anyway).

Top Bottom