• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to seem weird, but, in the interest of actually being able to live up to my word, I need to draw a cut-off point... and, well, it's now.

Some time ago, I said this:

At first, I thought I'd just have some sort of fun activity-based giveaway, but later, since a kind GAFer gifted me Rage and I lacked the funds to respond in kind, I thought it'd be more fair if I simply offered a copy of the game (HL3 or its equivalent, not Rage) to those who'd gifted me something... but, as time passed, it dawned on me that differentiating between those who'd gifted me an item out of their own kindness versus those who'd, say, helped me avoid the Aussie Tax, would take forever, so I ultimately settled on just offering everyone who has ever gifted me something -- anything -- on Steam a copy of the game.

Recent inspection has lead me to discover that the list has grown to a number a little higher than I had expected, so I thought it best to draw the line now, lest I fall short of my intention.

To that end, if your GAF name or Steam name is on this list, congratulations, note it down somewhere that you don't have to worry about buying the next instalment of Half-Life... should it, well, actually materialise (alternative arrangements will be made should Valve shrivel up and die):

While I've made every effort to ensure I didn't skip anybody, if you feel you're missing from the list and can prove you've gifted me something (view your inventory, click "Pending gifts" and then "View gift history"), I'll double-check on my end and add you accordingly.

Merry Slap-me-in-the-face-if-HL3-skips-HL2s-10th-Anniversary-mas.
Dang, if only Valve hadn't locked my account when I was trying to help you get Alice that one time. Still awesome of you to do this for those several awesome people you have listed.

You're awesome JaseC

And to go along with the generosity there are codes in here. Quote for them
Aquaria -
Stealth Bastard -

Zia

I neglected to mention that the achievements would not be working yet, we've discussed it so many times in this thread I just figured it wasn't worth mentioning anymore.

Batman Arkham Asylum's Steam Achievements aren't functioning yet either.

So weird. It's like they're saving them for something.

Bioshock 2 is turning out to be alright. Made it to the second major area, Pauper's Drop, and the game's environments are finally starting to open up. Feels more like a proper Bioshock.

Combat has been pretty interesting so far, feels a little more challenging due to your more limited supply of health kits and eve (5 versus 9) as well as the fact you're using mostly unique weapons with ammunition that can sometimes be hard to come-by mid-firefight. I like the fact that you're a Big Daddy in Bioshock 2, that you get to use things like the rivet guns and the drill. That's one thing they got wrong with the original, in the end when you "became" a Big Daddy. The only things that changed in the original was your field of view, a reduction in the amount of damage you took and the sound of your footsteps. They didn't give you the weapons. So in that respect Bioshock 2 is kind of neat. It's fun being able to wombo-combo a splicer with the electric blast and drill.

Not too sure of the story so far. With Sophia Lamb they've injected a prominent figure into the unraveling of Rapture but rather than making her some opportunist who rose out of the ashes of the initial conflict between Ryan and Fontaine she's being made into a prominent antagonist to Ryan in various public debates (council meetings?) going by the recordings I've been finding. Seems kind of the wrong way to go about it.

cicero

These Steam coupons are freely available to anyone who would like them. Please send me a private message with your Steam ID included if you would like any of these.

33% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (Valid until Tue Jun 25 2013)
50% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (Valid until Tue Jun 25 2013)
50% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)
50% OFF Strike Suit Infinity (Valid until Tue Jun 25 2013)
50% OFF The Bridge (Valid until Thu Jun 27 2013)
25% OFF Surgeon Simulator 2013 (Valid until Fri Jun 28 2013)
50% OFF Duke Nukem 3D (Valid until Sun Jun 30 2013)
50% OFF DLC Quest (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)
50% OFF Fallen Enchantress (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)
33% OFF No Time to Explain (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
649ORXf.png

Best kart racer ever.

I need DLC and/or a sequel.

Grizza

I tried to grab a code, but it was Missile Command or some indie I already have. Sorry, that wastes the code, right? That's the risk that comes with quoting for a key with no description.

Knurek

Playing through Bit.Trip Runner makes me wish for Konami to officially release Pop'n Music or BMIIDX on PC.

I mean, the arcade cabinets are running on PC hardware, the whole game would work really well with DLC and the charts are way, way better than any other rhythm game out there...

FloatOn

Bioshock 2 is turning out to be alright. Made it to the second major area, Pauper's Drop, and the game's environments are finally starting to open up. Feels more like a proper Bioshock.

Combat has been pretty interesting so far, feels a little more challenging due to your more limited supply of health kits and eve (5 versus 9) as well as the fact you're using mostly unique weapons with ammunition that can sometimes be hard to come-by mid-firefight. I like the fact that you're a Big Daddy in Bioshock 2, that you get to use things like the rivet guns and the drill. That's one thing they got wrong with the original, in the end when you "became" a Big Daddy. The only things that changed in the original was your field of view, a reduction in the amount of damage you took and the sound of your footsteps. They didn't give you the weapons. So in that respect Bioshock 2 is kind of neat. It's fun being able to wombo-combo a splicer with the electric blast and drill.

Not too sure of the story so far. With Sophia Lamb they've injected a prominent figure into the unraveling of Rapture but rather than making her some opportunist who rose out of the ashes of the initial conflict between Ryan and Fontaine she's being made into a prominent antagonist to Ryan in various public debates (council meetings?) going by the recordings I've been finding. Seems kind of the wrong way to go about it.

You are playing my favorite Bioshock game. It also has the best combat of the three. They dumbed it down so much in Infinite.

Blizzard

Banned
Hexodius looks kind of cool if I were the kind of person who liked twin stick shooters.

Has everyone gotten Pro Cycling Manager 2013 yet? Manage all the cycles!

Had my first rage quit in Hotline Miami. Must've ran the level where the
SWAT
comes in about 100 times before I just had to stop.

Ran into VERY few problems until now. Love that 80's techno.

Crownjo

These Steam coupons are freely available to anyone who would like them. Please send me a private message with your Steam ID included if you would like any of these.

I hope you still have this. I was planning to buy it!

Vecks

Had my first rage quit in Hotline Miami. Must've ran the level where the
SWAT
comes in about 100 times before I just had to stop.

Ran into VERY few problems until now. Love that 80's techno.

Yeah... I had trouble with that level too. Took me like 10 tries to get through that.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

33% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (Valid until Tue Jun 25 2013)
50% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (Valid until Tue Jun 25 2013)
50% OFF Strike Suit Infinity (Valid until Tue Jun 25 2013)
50% OFF The Bridge (Valid until Thu Jun 27 2013)
25% OFF Surgeon Simulator 2013 (Valid until Fri Jun 28 2013)
50% OFF DLC Quest (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)
50% OFF Fallen Enchantress (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)
33% OFF No Time to Explain (Valid until Thu Jul 04 2013)

Hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom