• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

In totally grabbing Agarest War as soon as I'm home. I won't even be able to play it until next year but ill do my part to support more of this on steam. It's the same thing I'm doing for Deadly Premonitions when it hits preorder status

(Plus the DLC packs and the 20% off seems to be a good enough value for early support)

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Did you put "register" in the title? If so, try resending.

You just sent the my loot PM which it received, but it didn't send anything back because you haven't won anything and you don't have any unclaimed loot.

Yes, register was in the title. I think that it may have needed the ":" after the game name since the name had a space in it. I sent a new PM with ":" and it worked.

And with that, here we go...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Frozen Synapse -- MB-E8175247BACEEBDE - Taken by jadedcynic

Grief.exe

Yeah, but I can't imagine it being revolutionary unless they have a "secret card" to play.

The thing I keep hoping for is Valve has found a way to emulate X64/Linux/OpenGL calls in an ARM environment.

Keeping our libraries available in a mobile form as we move forward into the future as desktops will eventually be phased out.

Probably way ahead of what Valve is announcing in the short term.

I started playing Opposing forces again and holy shit was it harder then I remember, save scamming is frequent and it takes millions of bullets to kill a fucking headcrab.

VVQVEL9l.jpg

WwHMyAvl.jpg

This area was a fucking bloodbath, and after I killed everything I gibbed all the enemies, take that for reducing me to 5 health.

WwHMyAvl.jpg

Shame I can't play more tomorrow, gotta get GTA V first thing in the morning.

We can only hope, could be a very exciting time if Valve has come up with something revolutionary.

Ya know that's great and all, but a steambox isn't exactly "revolutionary." I feel like a lone person standing on a rock, but I don't like the whole big picture and steambox direction steam wants to go in. Linux development is interesting but on the computer side of things, the shift from Windows would take a decade to actually work, maybe they will launch an entire distro.

Jawmuncher

I started playing Opposing forces again and holy shit was it harder then I remember, save scamming is frequent and it takes millions of bullets to kill a fucking headcrab.

This area was a fucking bloodbath, and after I killed everything I gibbed all the enemies, take that for reducing me to 5 health.

WwHMyAvl.jpg

Shame I can't more tomorrow, gotta get GTA V first thing in the morning.

I beat the game ages ago and sadly barely remember anything about it besides really liking it. Well that and always chasing gordon into a portal and failing and some sort of maze part.

It aged poorly. Allied Assault aged much better on terms of shooting and level design. And I'm a Raven fanboi.

Gray Matter says hi.

RTCW has aged incredibly well. The multiplayer is still not only playable but super enjoyable as well. Not sure you're thinking of the right game.

v54, v53, v583, v55.... v21

The thing I keep hoping for is Valve has found a way to emulate X64/Linux/OpenGL calls in an ARM environment.

Keeping our libraries available in a mobile form as we move forward into the future as desktops will eventually be phased out.

Probably way ahead of what Valve is announcing in the short term.

This could be crazy.

Whools

Yeah, but I can't imagine it being revolutionary unless they have a "secret card" to play.

I wager the opposite, you assume it will almost certainly have regular upgrades, or ideally swappable components too, because in a few years there will be games it can't run on steam and surely they'll update it then.
Furthermore if it permeates the mainstream console audience it could force sony and microsoft to do something similar. Even if it doesn't draw mainstream success, it will be revolutionary for valve and their direction, and will therefore be affect the world of gaming in someway.

Grief.exe

According to PCGW, you can adjust the Wide screen resolution and FOV through either a mod or ini fixes.

You can still play the multiplayer through the use of a mod.

:p

Thankfully Wolf 2009 is still fun as hell! Ravens games are still generally fun as hell to play.

Too bad you cannot purchase it through Steam anymore.

This could be crazy.

If you read between the lines, this is where they are headed. But this is still a ways off.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad you cannot purchase it through Steam anymore.

Yeah though hopefully someday a deal can be made to get it back on Steam. They managed to get Quake 4 back on Steam so anything's possible. Thankfully I already have it on Steam though.

Yeah Wolf 09 was great. The shooting felt just right.

It's why Raven and Monolith are two of my favourite developers of all time. I love both their games so much and just find them really satisfying to play. I could go into a big love letter to both but I won't :) I'm still pissed at Activision for not letting them make Soldier Of Fortune 3.

Saying that I still like Return To Castle Wolfenstein even now as well but admittedly it's been a few years since I replayed it.

MRORANGE

Ok I just realized that the next OT title: "STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VI - ITT we discuss the moral dilemma of selling weed for games" wont fit.

Gaffers, give it your best shot for a new Steam OT title.

Derrick01

Banned
I got that once after I hadn't logged into my steam account for over a month. (Yeah, I know)

Yeah I'm on it almost every day since I leave my PC on a lot. I just had to restart my PC for a second and when it came back steam wanted me to verify for whatever reason. There was a topic on the forums about it and a mod said it was normal and happens from time to time but this is the first time in the 4 years I've had steam that it's asked me.

Whatever I guess *shrug*

Grief.exe

Why do I see Konami's name coming up while I'm browsing throw the thread... Did MG Rising get announced?

No MG Rising news.

Just discussing the Konami back catalog of available ports for Steam.
Things like Silent Hill series, MGS series, and Castlevania series.

Isn't TGS in a few days? Maybe we will see something then.

Ok I just realized that the next OT title: "STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VI - ITT we discuss the moral dilemma of selling weed for games" wont fit.

Gaffers, give it your best shot for a new Steam OT title.

Can't you just shorten the subtitle? "Selling :weed: to buy games"

Grief.exe

You could still do something with the :weed: analogy.

Steam VI - Psst bro, come here. I got some :weed:
Steam VI - :weed: dealers anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom