• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Check in on your fellow GAFers. Make sure they are okay. Let them know they are loved, that they are appreciated, that they are welcome and that they are talented. Tell them you're not going to let this kind of hate push them out of this industry. Tell them that things like this won't scare all of the community away - that they are protected, and that they have a place here, now more than ever.

I'd be really grateful if you did that.
Also, bake them some cookies and supply them with bibs so they don’t make a mess. Let them know that as long as they stay in their designated safe spaces nothing can harm them. This will allow them the sense of security they so desperately need in todays world full of evil people. Maybe even read a bed time story for them so they can close their eyes and feel even safer.

We would all be even more grateful if we could take it to that level mates.

RickSanchez

Keep in mind, I'm sure others are doing the same thing right now, because he didn't "speak up" and defend sweet baby inc from the malicious "gamer gate 2" hate mob. In reality, he's doing what he can for himself, but also his staff. He employs people and is ultimately responsible for their livelihood. If he covered this at all from any direction, it's just going to make some of his audience mad, and cause people to unsubscribe. I can empathize with the situation he's in, and by standing up and refusing to talk about this in either direction, that's still a form of taking a stand, and why he still has my subscription.

Agreed with this take. A high-profile channel like SkillUp has to maintain his contacts in the industry if he wants to keep making consistent content that his core audience expects from him. If he were to speak up on this issue, he would most certainly have to take a leftist view to not burn any bridges. Even a centrist view would get him hate. It is better for him in the long run to not mention this. Besides, there are plenty others on Youtube i believe who have already spoken about this issue on both sides.

RickSanchez

We are better than the Era types who actively and maliciously look for anyone not in their tribe to try and cancel and silence them. Educate and inform, don’t try to find targets for a witch hunt.

Righto. Tolerance, balanced takes and focused, informed discussion backed up by facts seems to be what the purple crowd are allergic to. That's the best way this forum can show it is better.

Dr.Morris79

Check in on your fellow GAFers. Make sure they are okay. Let them know they are loved, that they are appreciated, that they are welcome and that they are talented. Tell them you're not going to let this kind of hate push them out of this industry. Tell them that things like this won't scare all of the community away - that they are protected, and that they have a place here, now more than ever.

Average gaffer checking other gaffers ~

LDmwaMQ.gif

Doczu

Gold Member
The part you missed is that this sister inherited Alec Holowka's money after his suicide, and that money was used to to start the company that funded SBI.
Oh yeah, how could i forget how the sister has no problem funding the assholes who would throw him under the bus too!
She sounds like a really compassionate person, someone who would do everything for family.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Curious to know why exactly?

..I actually dont know.

Among many things because he's a blatant serial liar, and also not the least the context around why I have a Ukrainian refugee living in my home right now.

https://www.youtube.com/@Thunderf00t is a good source of "why Elon Musk is a POS info", although this channel mostly only focus on his blatant tech lies (well, it does sometime bring up his infamous POS behavior during the Thai cave rescue).

Edit: Btw, this will be my second and last post mentioning this guy in this thread. He's off topic and too depressing.

Last edited:
Curious to know why exactly?

..I actually dont know.
I suggest using the search function and taking your questions to the many threads we've had about Musk / Twitter / X, and not derailing this thread. I'm of course biased, but if you want to read some thoughts from someone who both defends musk and is critical of him, depending on the situation, keep an eye out for my posts. I've been following Musk and the twitter drama for years. There's a lot you likely missed.

laynelane

That’s fair. But I certainly didn’t notice any crazy story that some are talking about here !
If true there would have been videos of just that.

Most of us don't need a video to tell us what to think or to note when something is off in franchises/games we play. It's ironic that you are labeling a group of people you don't know as "sheep" when you hold this viewpoint.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
So EA could be facing a federal lawsuit thanks to Sweet Baby. A former Sweet Baby employee is working for Cliffhanger Games, making the Black Panther game for EA and there's a video of her being spread on social media where she's bragging about violating EEOC hiring laws.

Hudo

Gold Member
Fun fact. Wikipedia is part of a lot of training data sets for LLMs, including (but not limited to) popular ones like Mistral, GPT, Llama 2, ...

Stitch

Gold Member
i think newest Hellraiser had SBI involved cause wtf happened to Pinhead ???

They made "him" more like how he was described in the book.

“Its voice was light and breathy-the voice of an excited girl. Every inch of its head had been tattooed with an intricate grid, and at every intersection of horizontal and vertical axes a jeweled pin driven through to the bone."

Doug Bradley was already too old for this shit years ago (like in Hellseeker were they even got Kirsty back for a few minutes...) and his replacement for the later "sequels" was godawful.
The cenobites in this were fine. The bigger problem was that nothing interesting is happening in the first fucking 70 minutes :lollipop_astonished:
oh yeah it has gay seggs

Last edited:
Oh yeah, how could i forget how the sister has no problem funding the assholes who would throw him under the bus too!
She sounds like a really compassionate person, someone who would do everything for family.
A more suspicious mind than my own would wonder whether a family member A could stoop so low as to be aware of the psychological fragility of another family member B, conspires with another person to use that fragility against that family member B, so family member A could profit by inheriting from family member A's will, and then pay off the other person with a portion of that profit. Surely Agatha Christie could have done something with that plot.

stn

So EA could be facing a federal lawsuit thanks to Sweet Baby. A former Sweet Baby employee is working for Cliffhanger Games, making the Black Panther game for EA and there's a video of her being spread on social media where she's bragging about violating EEOC hiring laws.
I'm not surprised. There's a reason why job postings and interviewers aren't allowed to ask about race, gender, religion, etc... when a person applies for employment.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Man this has to be a new meme format, this is up there with “Square just shot themselves in the foot…” what kind of mentally deranged person talks this way?

It’s funny, they try to fill games with these bland, flawless, independent, super tough and smart women/minority characters…. But in real life they treat those “marginalized people” like fragile babies in need of constant reassurance and special treatment.

Needlecrash

Seems that Wikipedia have shut down the SBI page and refuse to let users tell the truth.

"Truth is dangerous. It topples palaces and kills kings. It stirs gentle men to rage and bids them take up arms. It wakes old grievances and opens forgotten wounds. It is the mother of the sleepless night and the hag-ridden day. And yet there is one thing that is more dangerous than Truth. Those who would silence Truth’s voice are more destructive by far."

- Frances Hardinge

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Of all of his girlfriends, you had to pick this thing?

c2735d2f-a11f-4589-88f5-092652048c9a_a672d489.jpg

She looks great there. I love her personally. She was my #1 artist on Spotify in 2023. Im just a sucker for any woman that can play music. Bonus points because I find her pretty cute too.

No shame here

laynelane

There's quite a bit of interesting info. here (relayed by former Blizzard game exec and developer, Mark Kern) on why games have included DEI goals over the last while. He talks about how games are funded and how it relates, in particular. In summary, ESG funding was easier to get and has led to what we have now with, for example, companies like SBI. He also says that type of funding is drying up.

Nickolaidas

Your cheap attempt at scoring points when countless people have called you out on your bullshit is doubling down to the point of stupidly.

You think you've won or made some revelation if they say they will buy gta6?

You calling others here sheep. Lmao.
Don't forget the classic 'I add six laughing emojis in the end to appear like I have complete control of the conversation and I am owning you'. The classic clown tactic.
This kind of crap only hurts the developers and gaming industry.
Good. They deserve to be hurt after hiring incompetent activists with a chip on their shoulder and selling me the fruit of their 'labor' at 100-130 bucks. Fuck them. I hope the western gaming AAA industry crush and fucking burn.

Top Bottom