• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Ugh, did anyone get the Ass Creed II bug in which they couldn't perform the leap of faith at the beginning of the game? This is the worst fucking PC port I've ever played, it's literally unplayable. I've got an hour logged on Steam and maybe I managed to play it for 10 minutes.

Edit: Ok, nvm, it's a different button that had not been used before that looks almost exactly like "Y" prompt". The cutscene did freeze twice for me when I was getting the view of Florence.

Grief.exe

You mean your skills with attribute points? N level costs N points, as the Divinity thread likes to say. So you would need to hoard points if you want to specialize early on.

Then I will save n points then, thank you.

It's like comparing GTA III to Crazy Taxi

If both Crazy Taxi and GTA III were developed by Rockstar. I believe Stump's point is the extreme difference between the developer's releases.

janky euro vampire stealth / action / something game. gfx reminds me of Saints Row 3, must be all the purple

just started it, what can I say, I like b-movies, and I like...b-games?

also, im not defending the game, im sure its bad, but those steam reviews sure are a good way to determine if a game is good or not, you know, like Gone Home

who stands like that....

Shadownet

Banned
KWzCnFq.png

Woke up this morning to see this. I dont even know what to say. The fact that I'm a big BBC Sherlock fan and this game will be based on it just make me so giddy! thank you so much yGray! :D

tumblr_mz7tf229561ryff25o1_400.gif

iosefe

Then I will save n points then, thank you.

If both Crazy Taxi and GTA III were developed by Rockstar. I believe Stump's point is the extreme difference between the developer's releases.
Didn't think of it that way. Just on what they parodied.
I always do Heat Man first. He's easy as shit.
You coward. :p
Nah in that case Hit and Run was better. Though I never had much problem with Road Rage.
Neither did I. I really liked Sunday driver mode

http://i.imgur.com/KWzCnFq.png[IMG]

Woke up this morning to see this. I dont even know what to say. The fact that I'm a big BBC Sherlock fan and this game will be based on it just make me so giddy! thank you so much yGray! :D

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/6644d20f77186899f44149d3f04c3da2/tumblr_mz7tf229561ryff25o1_400.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

wow had no idea they based some of it on the BBC show, that makes me slightly interested now!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
KWzCnFq.png

Nice. I'm really looking forward to this one too as I am a huge BBC Sherlock fan myself. Haven't seen the third season yet but I heard it's great

Pachimari

if the game isn't steamworks it usually doesn't come with a steam key. as for simpsons, i would assume no judging by the back of the box

Hmm, so all I can do is look at the back of the box?
I'm trying to find removed Steam games which are still on sale on disc.

I guess all copies of Prey comes with a Steam key though.

Tizoc

The hour draws near.

arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-0471FC72CBE17247 - Taken by xptoxyz
t1cxE6r.gif
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG Key -- MB-5142E4CD0E69FC96
t1cxE6r.gif
Killer is Dead -- MB-7E1D8229466B52AC - Taken by _hekk05
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-7C1002076D7E7029 - Taken by Nete

t1404588134z1.png

KWzCnFq.png

Dayum, that game's on the top of my wishlist! Congrats~

fantomena

Just turned on my PS4 which has not been on for weeks to try out my review copy of the new Transformers game. After 30 min I turned it off. Will rpobably not turn it on until TLOU arrives.

Hugstable

Banned
Wow I just got a group in Payday 2 and we are pulling a perfect stealth run on the jewelry store heist. This is kinda cool seeing no cops while we steal everything haha.

Edit: these drills feel like they take forever when there is nothing to do lol.

Dr Dogg

Just turned on my PS4 which has not been on for weeks to try out my review copy of the new Transformers game. After 30 min I turned it off. Will rpobably not turn it on until TLOU arrives.

This will probably go down like shit on the heel of your shoe to the majority of the forum but the thought of spending vast sums of money to play another Killzone or a long string of ports and remakes would just turn me off this hobby. If that's the place where "The Players Play" then they must be a bunch of boring bastards :p.

I've got on circulation at present Teslagrad,Shovel Knight, Divinity: Original Sin, CloudBuilt and Broforce and can't remember the time a console has had such a diverse line up (and not including the 100s of other gems sat in my backlog) in recent memory past the SNES. It's a great time for gaming but for me it's hardly going to be on a PS4 or Xbox One.

Shadownet

Banned
Wow I just got a group in Payday 2 and we are pulling a perfect stealth run on the jewelry store heist. This is kinda cool seeing no cops while we steal everything haha.

300 seconds. A lifetime in Payday 2 lol

yGray

Banned
less than 45 minutes left
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Freedom Simulator #2- -- MB-F5C0F45D8CA60143 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 39 entrants total.
Freedom Simulator- -- MB-758AA05E9CBD0A79 - Taken by Kiru. 54 entrants total.

t1404580364z1.png

Dr Dogg

I still don't understand the Crysis 2 ending.
The first was alright, nothing special but was kind if a typical Dean Devilin Blockbuster kind of story. Warhead told Pycho's side of events and a bit more of his backstory. 2 pretty much dumped everything bar Prophet from the first and made it into a rather dumb Jerry Bruchiemer action romp. Story is a bit all over the place and the ending just felt rushed after the base infiltration. 3 though is just loopy juice that would make Ed Wood proud.

I see them as tech demos with gameplay ranging from great (ie the first and expansion) to gimmicky (3 and the bow). Still always the first game I pop on after a new build or hardware acquisition.

Stealth runs are the best. But I agree, drills take forever it feels like. I haven't played Payday 2 in a long time. Loved playing it when I did though.

iosefe

less than 45 minutes left
I'll say it again. Don't be surprised if the entry with the number has a substantial amount of entries. I accidentally made a thread instead of a pm. Awkward. All the stuff looks the same in mobile

Incidentally, my chances got that much smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom