• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!

You need a game from 1983 and 1986. This is the danger of me doing this; I'm going to buy games based on release year XD
Yeah, too bad that there is no games from 1983 and 1986 on Steam at this moment :(
I can't remember what it was but someone posted something that organized all your steam games however you want. I did mine by year as well but it was automatic and done in seconds.

Found it

https://github.com/rallion/depressurizer
I know about this tool, but i don't need it because i already did everything manually. Besides, it's not perfect because release dates for some old titles is fucked up and i had to recheck release date on wikipedia and metacritic. From recent example, TY the Tasmanian Tiger was originally released in 2002, but devs set 2016 as release date.

Lanrutcon

Im pretty early on in Styx Master of Shadows and i dunno, I'm not really feelin it, it's definitely not a bad game but the looseness that makes it free also makes it feel dated and jankey, for example, now ledgegrab just makes it so that any time you fall off the common 2box stack it's loud enough to agro even though on the other hand you can like crouch right before falling and it doesn't agro half the time. That said, I'm super early on, just before the hideout in the first chapter as I just started again, should I even bother with collectibles, been getting at least all the coins so far and they are kind of a time sap; or any other tips i guess?

I only played the sequel (Shards of Darkness, there's a free demo), but there you start out very weak and getting as much xp as possible is a priority (optional objectives, collectibles, performance). Once you've bought some critical skills you become very dangerous. Once you've bought them all you're broken as fuck. A fully kitted out Styx plays like something from Dishonored.

My first time through each level I was mostly concerned with learning the place, as opposed to getting everything/ghosting the entire level.

Ascheroth

Currently juggling RE6, Hyper Light Drifter, Root Double and Secret World Legends, whew.
Although technically I've put Root Double on the backburner, since I need a break from VNs for a while.

Planning to finish RE6 and Hyper Light Drifter before Cold Steel releases, let's see how this goes.

Hektor

Currently juggling RE6, Hyper Light Drifter, Root Double and Secret World Legends, whew.
Although technically I've put Root Double on the backburner, since I need a break from VNs for a while.

Planning to finish RE6 and Hyper Light Drifter before Cold Steel releases, let's see how this goes.

Just to warn you, RE6 is really long for a TPS.
Don't remember how long it took me personally, bur howlongtobeat got an average of 22 hours.

Yes, i did it for all my games:
gXDqZI1.jpg

And yes, for all 6k games i have. But it's really not that hard as you can think, i started to do this when i had like 2k games and that required some time and effort. Now i'm just adding every new game immediately after i bought or activated it, and usually it takes only few seconds to look at release date at store page and add game to correct filter.

That is impressive as hell.

Wok

I have uninstalled Kero Blaster yesterday (rage quit after dying to the boss of Hekichi Plateau, the frozen world).

Today, I want to try again, so I install the game again.

It turns out that uninstalling the game has deleted my local save, and that Steam Cloud does not work for this game.

🙃

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Finally set up the Steam authenticator again so I can put PUBG to work for me, selling countless duplicate blue shirts for a penny of profit.

Village

I didn't do anything fancy. I just started it up and it worked. I'm using the recommended developer config.

I do have rumble enabled in Steam (Controller Options).

Done all that, heck that was suggested to me when I reported the lack of vibration.

This is going to be one of those things I end up fixing myself

Ludens

Banned
I find Kero Blaster very easy compared to Cave Story. I think I'm near the end of the game, since some characters told me to go to the train station, but the game is very linear and if you power-up your weapons you can hardly find problems, at least for now.

Can't wait to triple dip on FFXII one year from now

It's going to be a long wait, especially for people with a PS4 because of the temptation of getting it right away. I can't afford it at full price but once it drops I'm going to be really tempted. I know I'm going to regret it once it comes out on steam though so I'll just wait, I could always sell the PS4 version but I would have to start over from scratch and there's no way I'm doing that. I've already played the game 3 times, including a 100% run.

I find Kero Blaster very easy compared to Cave Story. I think I'm near the end of the game, since some characters told me to go to the train station, but the game is very linear and if you power-up your weapons you can hardly find problems, at least for now.

I think it took me 2-3 hours to beat the game on normal. Hard mode easily doubles that as it heavily changes the level design and adds a couple of levels.

Wok

You guys must be good at this kind of game, because it took me 1h40m to reach the boss of level 5 in normal mode.

Grug

A humble giveaway for the awesome denizens of this thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Grug, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-43CDEB63CBFC3AC2 - Taken by Popstar. 4 entrants total.
Armello -- MB-26B95392CDACDB23 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 21 entrants total.
Kero Blaster -- MB-D4097B5D81C2C586 - Taken by Orgen. 17 entrants total.

t1499691597z1.png

As someone who has played the first game and eventually wants to get to the others, I want to know more about what caused this reaction. :p
I guess he means that game feels really unnecessary after original Deponia trilogy. I am the big fan of Deponia and Chaos on Deponia is in my top 10 all-time favorite games, but i dropped Deponia Doomsday halfway and never finished it.

Orgen

I guess he means that game feels really unnecessary after original Deponia trilogy. I am the big fan of Deponia and Chaos on Deponia is in my top 10 all-time favorite games, but i dropped Deponia Doomsday halfway and never finished it.

Doomsday is the 4th one? I own the first trilogy but still haven't played them :|

Ah, that might be it. That's disappointing, but a good trilogy is nothing to sneeze at, if I find the next two games as fun as the first.

Wok

This game gives 100% of its 118 achievements in one game of 5 minutes. Half of the achievements are unlocked by launching the game...

Dinjoralo

Might be the closest you'll get.
Too bad it has an annoying issue that makes the game never go above 50 FPS. :p

Played through Event[0]. "Wasted potential" fits it pretty well. Like, it has this sort of AI character you can interact with that they put a lot of effort into, but you don't actually do much with it before the game's over, in about two hours.

Played through Event[0]. "Wasted potential" fits it pretty well. Like, it has this sort of AI character you can interact with that they put a lot of effort into, but you don't actually do much with it before the game's over, in about two hours.

Damn that was the next game I was planning to play.

Mivey

For the people playing Resident Evil 6: Do you ever get see a giraffe getting "served" by someone? Or was that just a tease to get people to buy the thing?

Coreda

Might be the closest you'll get.

I think Dishonored would be a closer match. Was thinking along the lines of Assassin's Creed's visual style. With most of my gaming wishes I don't really expect anything to fill them, but it's nice to think of things that would be cool to play :)

This game gives 100% of its 118 achievements in one game of 5 minutes. Half of the achievements are unlocked by launching the game...

I bought Zup in the sale and actually enjoyed the gameplay so I bought the second one as well.

The second throws achievements at you for nothing, I decided not to buy the third one as these kinds of achievements just seem super pointless.

Coreda

I guess I bought PUBG again, stupid sexy gmg voucher.

What was the discount? Looking at isthereanydeal.com it seems PUBG hasn't had a sale at any point on its own. Looks to be doing well enough without one, too by the news I've seen.

OneUh8

gXDqZI1.jpg

And yes, for all 6k games i have. But it's really not that hard as you can think, i started to do this when i had like 2k games and that required some time and effort. Now i'm just adding every new game immediately after i bought or activated it, and usually it takes only few seconds to look at release date at store page and add game to correct filter.

That is pretty cool.

Regginator

gXDqZI1.jpg

Looks very nice from a clarity perspective, but what if you forgot what year a certain game came out in?

yuraya

Squeenix charging 50$ for a remastered PS2 game. Out of their fucking minds.

That thing better be no more than 15$ by the time it hits Steam.

Coreda

Looks very nice from a clarity perspective, but what if you forgot what year a certain game came out in?

If you know the name you could also just begin typing and it will live filter the match, like you can in the Windows File Explorer. This is different than the search bar and I find it the quickest way.

If you know the name you could also just begin typing and it will live filter the match, like you can in the Windows File Explorer. This is different than the search bar and I find it the quickest way.
Oh, that what he meant. Yep, that's easy, it just work like usual search:
eFxOw0s.jpg

Squeenix charging 50$ for a remastered PS2 game. Out of their fucking minds.

That thing better be no more than 15$ by the time it hits Steam.

Are you not aware of how much work went into the FFXII HD port?

It's not like they slapped on a filter and called it a day.

Knurek

I think some devs are trying to game the 'no game, no card drops' this way.
Players running the game and earning cheevos = actual game, so it drops cards.

Oh, that what he meant. Yep, that's easy, it just work like usual search:
eFxOw0s.jpg

That sort might have been useful if it allowed for YYYY-MM categories. Does it, or is it only YYYY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom