• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the other way around. Because there is a harsh time limit, there's a reason to explore in hopes that you find something valuable enough to approach a given situation with newfound strength. If you do end up failing to meet a deadline then that's simply the way the cookie crumbles, you can always restart over (whenever you choose) and maintain your character's experience, now with improved knowledge about your surroundings which may or may not motivate you to act more efficiently. Both the mall as well as the storyline are also compact enough to support this playstyle, with plenty of surprises that elevate the otherwise basic (seemingly) rescue missions. [...]
Hm, I didn't know that. So DR1+2+OTR are well replayable from the start without becoming a grind? I already thought about how frustrating it would be to start from scratch after say 5 hours just because you misjudged the time. But if the game is "meant" to be played like that... not bad actually.
---
Kdramastars isn't a legit site is it? They're claiming Dragon's Dogma and Dragon's Dogma 2 for PC.
I get all my news from KoreanDramaStars.com but only if TaiwaneseCookingChefs.com is down.
---
SteamGAF needs to learn the joys of Mumble.
... or teamspeak ;)
What are the advantages compared to standard Steam voice chat?
---
And for us animu fans, fall seems really great:
12th September: Planetarian
Huge thanks to that magnificent man Mokoi for this!
19th September: Cho Dengeki Stryker
This looks cool as well. Will release in 23 hours but you can't buy it yet. I thought all games on Steam can be pre-purchased?
---
And since MGS GZ/PP have been announced for Steam, I think it's okay to post screens of them.
image_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain-26334-2584_0006.jpg
Her face looks very realistic but what do you call the effect on the hair strands? It doesn't look good at all.
Finally something for the ladies to froth about. Kojima loves us all equally :p
So those FoxEngine renders from many months ago were from this game after all, huh. Jungle looks beautiful!

sell them to make your next steam purchase a bit cheaper. thats all :p

Badges and money are the only uses for cards at the moment. I supposed you could use them as trade incentives but not really. Sell them now and hold onto the cards you want to make badges of until a new meta game with the cards pop up. Since thus far you get a bonus card related to the event when making a badge during that time .
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm not that big into the trading / badge crafting stuff since I am swamped with RL activities so I'll just sell them. Now to make some money from Go! go! and Clickr... Though I haven't encountered a foil drop.

Ventara

I know I'm not supposed to thank in this thread for giveaways, but for some reason it's telling me arts&crafts has not registered and thus does not have a profile to view, which is weird since they can do a giveaway. So anyways, thanks arts&crafts for Ittle Dew!

I know I'm not supposed to thank in this thread for giveaways, but for some reason it's telling me arts&crafts has not registered and thus does not have a profile to view, which is weird since they can do a giveaway. So anyways, thanks arts&crafts for Ittle Dew!

I had that as well. For some reason the URL that ModBot generated didn't use his numeric member ID, and instead tried to send me to a page with the member ID of arts&crafts.

Might be a ModBot bug, actually. Stump, if you want more info on what was given or something in case it is a bug, feel free to PM me and I'll forward you the ModBot PM if you don't have a log somewhere.

Ventara

I had that as well. For some reason the URL that ModBot generated didn't use his numeric member ID, and instead tried to send me to a page with the member ID of arts&crafts.

Might be a ModBot bug, actually. Stump, if you want more info on what was given or something in case it is a bug, feel free to PM me and I'll forward you the ModBot PM if you don't have a log somewhere.

Yeah, the link in the PM doesn't seem to work. Here is his profile.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info guys.

Turfster

Go! Go! Nippon! is 55% off until the end of the month, 4.04€
It's a very nice "my first trip to Japan" visual novel.

Oh, look, 2 25% off coupons for Heavy Bullets

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-60DFEB22EF19242C - Taken by bluechox2
Deadly 30 -- MB-FC3F4BA8C4C8F3F8 - Taken by Jmanunknown

Warning: The Airline Tycoon 2 key may or may not work. Humble reported it as unredeemed, even though I did last week!

Dithering! It'll probably be eliminated on PC though.
Don't see that effect on many PC screenshots tbh. What up with consoles on that?
---
This log looks horrible what is this? A PS2 game?
My current laptop must be weaker than a PS2 :p
You might be joking but I was just in the respective thread and holy smokes, people say this game looks bad!
WHAT. THE. SHOOBY-DOO.
It looks very good to me. Even in the best-looking game you can find bad spots. I am very happy with the visuals. But more importantly the mechanics are great.
Kojima, just announce MGS Legacy for PC already. You know it, we know it. It'll come. GZ/PP is just the beginning. I feel it.
Many games will find their way on PC soon. Just think about it. FFXIII and MGS are coming. No one would have thought that just mere months ago. Crazy
good
times we live in.
---
Oh yeah she DOES have hair... didn't notice at first.
I left this out... but I feel you need to see it.
Tbh I am not offended by her design at all. You gotta read between the lines. TRAILER SPOILERS!!!! She got tortured heavily and still insists on wearing those clothes. She never smiles, always mean-looking. Maybe she looks so revealing as a protest of being violated by men?

Warning: The Airline Tycoon 2 key may or may not work. Humble reported it as unredeemed, even though I did last week!
For future reference, you should probably "garbage dump" codes like that. (If you're not familiar with that term, it's a way of giving something through Modbot without throttling whoever wins it.)

Deitus

Tbh I am not offended by her design at all. You gotta read between the lines. TRAILER SPOILERS!!!! She got tortured heavily and still insists on wearing those clothes. She never smiles, always mean-looking. Maybe she looks so revealing as a protest of being violated by men?

"You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds." - Kojima

zkylon

zkylewd
I left this out... but I feel you need to see it.

that's even worse -_-

since this is kinda PC Related...for those that may not have seen it yet
Square Enix announces Cloud gaming service called Shinra Technologies, made in a partnership with Avalanche Studios
you just can't write stuff like this
Logo looks almost like a PR-gag in preparation for a FFVII announcement but they are serious..
Shinra breaks the current one-processor, one-user model. Our datacenters feature thousands of CPUs and GPUs working together, providing gamers access to virtually unlimited processing power. Using patented technology, Shinra efficiently shares gameplay resources — we create massive simulations for a massive number of users, with no client-side synchronization needed. To do this, Shinra allocates processing power for each component of a game (physics, AI, and rendering) on demand to meet the requirements of each game.
This gotta be super expensive. I don't know whether SE will be able to handle this. Only their games or all games? If it's only their games this could end up like Origin. And honestly, I don't have the trust into SE to handle this tactfully towards consumers.

iosefe

Logo looks almost like a PR-gag in preparation for a FFVII announcement but they are serious..
This gotta be super expensive. I don't know whether SE will be able to handle this. Only their games or all games? If it's only their games this could end up like Origin. And honestly, I don't have the trust into SE to handle this tactfully towards consumers.
supposedly, the goal is to make a it a backend technology for other companies to use, such as Ubisoft
I can make the new OT

have you been cleared for lift off? if so, t-23 posts

“Ubisoft has long believed that the cloud will play an important part in gaming’s future,” said Yves Guillemot, CEO and co-founder of Ubisoft. “We are intrigued by the direction Shinra Technologies, Inc. is taking and look forward to seeing what their architecture and technologies can deliver.”
Oh shit, iosefe you're right. Ubi's on board already it seems. If - and they probably will - this comes to PC, it's very likely they'll (SE, Ubi) try to cut out Valve to maximize profits o_O
In the end it won't matter to Shinra whether it's streaming to PS4/XONE or PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who is our resident PC guru again? Turf?

now that we have the GTX prices im just about ready to plan my new rig, I need a mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom