• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticing little typos in my blurbs in the thread irks me lol

Anyway, here are some other quality September releases

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 9/9
LOVERS IN A DANGEROUS SPACETIME is a frantic 1- or 2-player couch co-op action space shooter set in a massive neon battleship. Only through teamwork can you triumph over the evil forces of Anti-Love, rescue kidnapped space-bunnies, and avoid a vacuumy demise.
ss_2c9c01c79209fa70ffbbd8f8d67690d36f3427bf.600x338.jpg
ss_a461930faa67193f0bace5c86afcbc05ba951380.600x338.jpg

Dropsy - 9/10
Dropsy is a non-traditional take on the classic point and click adventure formula starring the game’s perpetually carefree namesake clown as he explores a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets, doling out hugs along the way.
ss_9d94337f43603fc16ea907e5d1ee691e889dc93d.600x338.jpg
ss_6af574844ed1d5b46f95bba93450973ad6ec5788.600x338.jpg

Skyshine's BEDLAM - 9/17
BEDLAM is a strategic rogue-like turn-based RPG. You are the Mechanic, in charge of commanding your crew in battles, managing your resources, improving your Dozer, interacting with various characters, and protecting your passengers while navigating through the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
ss_d8a3d01932da95dd6c24e6c756c9d283196224f2.600x338.jpg
ss_bb9ccceb1f83b69a7d39abceed902d8f44ab1821.600x338.jpg

SOMA - 9/22
From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes SOMA, a sci-fi horror game set below the waves of the Atlantic ocean. Struggle to survive a hostile world that will make you question your very existence.
ss_5ee5231b847ec7397554af8b2efe25caeef5d7c5.600x338.jpg
ss_17154e69032890890c1fa5920786d858968d8f9c.600x338.jpg

Jotun
Jotun is a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology. In Jotun, you play Thora, a Viking warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods to enter Valhalla. Impress the Gods!
ss_9b96ef1d187229c377531dae6a15d58d8a8f86df.600x338.jpg
ss_9df0f91427b578316ae66e7ed296c8365ca99f8d.600x338.jpg

Sch1sm

With this month, so begins the feeling of "too many I want to play, too little time".

A titanic effort coming up

I'll never understand why they release the large bulk of games this quarter, but I feel zero compulsion this time around. I won't buy any big titles for once, outside of a console title.

Grief.exe

2 hours until MGS5 download.
Why am I still awake.

MGSV releases for me just before midnight local time.

Should I make a pot of coffee and stay up, then catch a few hours before work? Or should I nap and wake up a few hours early?

I'm leaning towards the former right now.

Tenrius

MGSV releases for me just before midnight local time.

Should I make a pot of coffee and stay up, then catch a few hours before work? Or should I nap and wake up a few hours early?

I'm leaning towards the former right now.

I'd just go to sleep and play the game after work. More exciting that way in my opinion.

fertygo

tempted to mask my code under Tulpa or Beatbuddies title if I ever do giveaway of AAA game

Its has been done before right

EDIT: There were 2 entrants

Of course not today doeeeeeeeee

If it's not some moe-bait like DeathSmiles or Puzzle! Mushihimetama, I will fucking day-one them, no matter the discount.

I don't care if it is. Cave shmups on steam? GIVE THEM ALL TO ME NOW.

Eeek barba durkle.

--

Those SFV alts look nice... mostly.
Hopefully free for the people who preordered without having to go through any grind to unlock bullshit.

Tenrius

Is the activity feed broken in the iOS app? It never worked for me and quite a few people seem to be having the same issue.

Dsyndrome

Is the activity feed broken in the iOS app? It never worked for me and quite a few people seem to be having the same issue.
It works a quarter of the time for me. If it works, the Friends section doesn't. POS app, at least I can purchase things remotely with it.

Turfster

I guess this month's thread will be The Phantom Pain PC thread.

Nah.

And I finished Shadowrun Hong Kong, just in time for Met... oh, wait, no, I'm not getting it before next year.

Anyway, it's a pretty good game, but the closer to the ending you get, the more bugs, typos and accidentally a word examples you encounter. It's also way too combat-heavy, really.

The computer hacking in Alpha Protocol is probably the most frustrating mini-game I have ever played. How am I supposed to make it in time? Failed half a dozen times already, eeehhh. And it is the hacking tutorial to boot!

The computer hacking in Alpha Protocol is probably the most frustrating mini-game I have ever played. How am I supposed to make it in time? Failed half a dozen times already, eeehhh. And it is the hacking tutorial to boot!

Yep. I love Alpha Protocol, but I hate that hacking minigame.

Turfster

Try it with mouse and keyboard for extra lulz =p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
12 hour flight tomorrow... what better time to play Hero of the Kingdom II awwww yeah. Also going to buy CONTRADICTION: SPOT THE DIFFERENCE!!!

12 hour flight tomorrow... what better time to play Hero of the Kingdom II awwww yeah. Also going to buy CONTRADICTION: SPOT THE DIFFERENCE!!!

I had a coupon for Contradiction and when I realized that I actually wanted the game went to my inventory and the coupon was gone :(

I'd love if coupons didn't have expiration dates.

What you're matching to doesn't change. It might move periodically, I don't recall. But the thing is, so long as you're moving both of your matching sets to these spots it's very difficult to fail within the time limit--the unchanging areas of the puzzle should be easy to spot within seconds of starting.

It becomes second nature as you play.

Contradiction is good stuff.

oipic

Anyway, here are some other quality September releases

Thanks again for bringing your extensive indie gaming knowledge to SteamGAF, More_Badass! Your posts and recommendations are always good value, and one of the primary reasons the monthly indie gaming threads are compulsory reading. Thanks mate!

Some great releases this month, too. Duskers looks terrific.
-------

Great work with the thread as always, jshack - the time you invest into putting these together and how deftly you get get them organised is much appreciated. :)
-------

Apologies for the 'new thread smell'-ish post!

Mad Max PC seems like a good port.
Game runs superbly well for me as well, Avalanche rocking it as per usual on PC :)

This is on a GTX 970, i5 2500k (4.2 ghz) and 8GB of RAM. Doesn't waver from 60fps at 1080p. so far anyway. Might try some downsampling tomorrow, gotta go to bed now. But happy so far!

GTX 980ti
i7-2600k @4.3
8GB RAM
Windows 10

Only in the opening area right now but the game is running between about 110 and 145 FPS with everything maxed.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm at 1440p.

i7 4790k
GTX 970
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Downsampled from 1440p, maximum settings, and not a single drop under 60fps.

Downsampled from 4k, maximum settings, and I'm getting 35-40fps.

Thanks again for bringing your extensive indie gaming knowledge to SteamGAF, More_Badass! Your posts and recommendations are always good value, and one of the primary reasons the monthly indie gaming threads are compulsory reading. Thanks mate!

Some great releases this month, too. Duskers looks terrific.
No problem, always enjoy spreading the word on indies!

Jazz573

Kind of off-topic, but, any good Android games to kill time while scandisk runs? It's kind of annoying not be able to really play anything.

donny2112

Early new thread! /stealth tag

Kind of off-topic, but, any good Android games to kill time while scandisk runs? It's kind of annoying not be able to really play anything.

The G5 adventure/simple puzzle ones are good time wasters. They have an actual end, the hint option keeps you from ever being completely lost, and the presentation is pretty nice. There's usually a free one each week, if you look around for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom