• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade is estimated to have sold over 1 million copies according to Shift Up

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
1 million is a pretty low amount no? Considering it was doing well on the top 10 charts I thought it would be around 2.3-3 million mark.

1 million in this amount of time for a borderline indie game is not low at all.
Especially considering it was on one platform.
People need to take into account scope, budget and team size when gauging success of a game.
A game in this class doing as well as it has is an outlier outstanding performance.
Its not from a big AAA studio where they expect it to be doing 5+ million first month.

So yeah this is really good.

NahaNago

Sounds good although not stellar (ha). It's enough to deem it a success. I didn't pick it up, because I get the impression that the gameplay (Souls-like or whatever) wouldn't suit me. Still, I'm glad to see it do well, because they dared to have not just an attractive but an obviously sexed-up female lead. I'm too old to get my rocks off on something like that, but I do appreciate them running counter to the modern trend in Western game design. I may give it a whirl when it reaches $40 or so.
its not a souls game at all. It honestly seemed more like an old school Japanese action game from like the ps2 era, so I enjoyed it quite a bit. Try the demo.

The 1 million does seem weak but they have already made a profit and when they eventually do release it on pc all sales will go into that companies pocket. I was hoping they would at least have sold 2 million. I guess any game that sells over 2 million with that 70 price tag is probably already an established ip.

Last edited:

Herr Edgy

Amazing game from start to finish. The plot could have been a bit more developed but the story/worldbuilding/lore/gameplay/OST is great.
Game structure was also less predictable than I thought. I hope there will be a sequel.

Top Bottom