• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There's a missable can in spire 4. If you miss it you'll have to try your luck fishing it. And let me tell you, RNG is a bitch. Be warned.
maxresdefault.jpg

I really wish the second open world section hadn't made the cut. I'm struggling to find the motivation to carry on. I love the level design in the linear sections. Why can't we have the whole game be like that?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dude wtf. The story and lore of stellar blade is fantastic. All the religious allegories and symbolism. Characters are great too, at least the main ones. Adam doesn’t have too much depth but there is some.
The game feels melancholic and I like that.
Also nobody in the game have any sexy remarks. Eve suits are not acknowledged at all. It’s all left for the player and normalized. That’s perfect. The game is not pervt at all

Really hit a wall with the unknown naytiba - blade is maxxed (trophy), and it still looks like I do virtually no damage...

I Parry for days, get the critical, and it still only does like 5% of it's healthbar.

Dude wtf. The story and lore of stellar blade is fantastic. All the religious allegories and symbolism. Characters are great too, at least the main ones. Adam doesn’t have too much depth but there is some.
The game feels melancholic and I like that.
Also nobody in the game have any sexy remarks. Eve suits are not acknowledged at all. It’s all left for the player and normalized. That’s perfect. The game is not pervt at all
Agree - I don't get the hate for the story at all. It seems perfectly standard for most video game stories that certainly aren't criticised.

Roxanne and her sexy leg kinda hits on you.

ssringo

Really hit a wall with the unknown naytiba - blade is maxxed (trophy), and it still looks like I do virtually no damage...

I Parry for days, get the critical, and it still only does like 5% of it's healthbar.
Grenades baby! Knock out the shield (blue bar).

And it ain't getting easier!

Edit: The shield bar is actually big on how much damage you're doing. If you're on the offense and attacking between parries then you'll chew through the shield and do solid damage once you can do the riposte (retribution?) but if you're on the defensive or give time for the shield to regen then it'll absorb more when you do a big attack. Grenades can get rid of the shield so if you're down to another parry or two before the balance bar (yellow dots) is gone and they have a big shield bar just drop one to delete it.

Last edited:
Grenades baby! Knock out the shield (blue bar).
Well, I feel like an idiot. I've never bothered using any of the shield damaging skills or items because I haven't seen any enemies with shields. I noticed last night that a boss had a huge shield bar. That combined with your comment has enlightened me.

I'm like halfway through the desert and just now wondering if regular enemies have shield bars also. Time to finally use those respec items.

Last edited:

ssringo

Well, I feel like an idiot. I've never bothered using any of the shield damaging skills or items because I haven't seen any enemies with shields. I noticed last night that a boss had a huge shield bar. That combined with your comment has enlightened me.

I'm like halfway through the desert and just now wondering if regular enemies have shield bars also. Time to finally use those respec items.
Yeah, you're able to brute force through most bosses (and the game in general) without needing to worry about the shield bar if you're decently skilled. But the last few bosses have a pretty good difficulty spike that demand more skill for a longer fight or engaging with mechanics that you haven't needed to worry about for the previous 25-30 hours. I had the exact experience last weekend.

As an aside, your own shield is the same and equipping shield gear will help keep you a bit healthier when getting smacked around.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, you're able to brute force through most bosses (and the game in general) without needing to worry about the shield bar if you're decently skilled. But the last few bosses have a pretty good difficulty spike that demand more skill for a longer fight or engaging with mechanics that you haven't needed to worry about for the previous 25-30 hours. I had the exact experience last weekend.

As an aside, your own shield is the same and equipping shield gear will help keep you a bit healthier when getting smacked around.
It would be nice if there were more visual indicators of shield status. I rarely have the time to look at all the status bars, usually just that red haze effect tells me I'm about to die.

I need to turn off the auto-lock and see if that makes things better. I find Eve has really reduced mobility when locked on, but I'm already at button saturation (these are not really my kind of games) so we'll see.

GymWolf

I reached
the space elevator and fought the robot with 2 swords one time already (belial i think?)
how much i have left of the game if i go straight with the main campaign?

Last edited:

It took me an embarassing amount of time to realize what shield meant in this game. At first I assumed that shield damaging abilities were meant for those enemies with an actual physical shield. And I barely used the "guile somersault" wich is an amazing beta skill by the way. You can stunlock even some bosses with it.

Last edited:

ssringo

I reached
the space elevator and fought the robot with 2 swords one time already (belial i think?)
how much i have left of the game if i go straight with the main campaign?
A few hours give or take depending on how much trouble the last 3 bosses give you.

Edit: those 3 are not in your location

Last edited:
I hated the soundtrack at first. Now I'm listening to it while working. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

This is a game I'll certainly double dip if it's ever realeased on PC. Are you listening, Sony?

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just a head up, I know John mentioned it in his review about the audio problems
Dolby Atmos outputs in stereo and he said to use Linear PCM.
Don't this as doesn't give you proper surround sound with audio coming through the back speakers when they shouldn't and other problems as well as low output volume
DTS Also has problems.
Instead use Dolby Audio, it the only one that isn't low volume and is actually outputting a proper surround sound but still have some issues.
I hope they fix this because the game does sound fantastic.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Just a head up, I know John mentioned it in his review about the audio problems
Dolby Atmos outputs in stereo and he said to use Linear PCM.
Don't this as doesn't give you proper surround sound with audio coming through the back speakers when they shouldn't and other problems as well as low output volume
DTS Also has problems.
Instead use Dolby Audio, it the only one that isn't low volume and is actually outputting a proper surround sound but still have some issues.
I hope they fix this because the game does sound fantastic.
Yeah the audio made me assume my system was fuct.
Big drop of the ball on their part for 2024. I've had center channel dialogue in my games for.... 15 years now??

For Stellar Blade, I instead now use the wireless Sony Pulse Elite Headphones. Sounds better that way.

Reactions: TGO
Just finished my first playthrough. Story was at times midly interesting, but mostly bland and nonsensical. The ending goes full anime.
Would I have enjoyed the game if it wasn't for the eye candy? Maybe. But I'd certainly not stay up until 4am fishing to unlock a maid outfit.
It's a pretty decent action game. But it's the eye candy that sets it apart. So, if digital ass and tits have no effect on you, you may not enjoy it so much.
I give it a 7,5. And I'm interested in a sequel.

By the way, the final outfit unlock has amazing ass physics simulation.

Senhua

Just finished my first playthrough. Story was at times midly interesting, but mostly bland and nonsensical. The ending goes full anime.
Would I have enjoyed the game if it wasn't for the eye candy? Maybe. But I'd certainly not stay up until 4am fishing to unlock a maid outfit.
It's a pretty decent action game. But it's the eye candy that sets it apart. So, if digital ass and tits have no effect on you, you may not enjoy it so much.
I give it a 7,5. And I'm interested in a sequel.

By the way, the final outfit unlock has amazing ass physics simulation.
Black Pearl or Raven?

Yep, the story was a bit of a letdown. Slightly disappointed for a story-driven action adventure game like this, but overall still okay. The OST is perfect, and the gameplay is decent.

The revealing outfits make up only 7 out of the total 41, with the majority gated behind heavy progression. And they still need to alter them. Too bad.

kevm3

L1+ o. I think it's called the triple slash. This is critical for end bosses. It actually knocks them down, so when you see them getting ready to do a special, do that attack to completely stop them in their tracks. In fact, try to build up your bar high so you can spam the attack during the second, more difficult phase.

Black Pearl or Raven?

Yep, the story was a bit of a letdown. Slightly disappointed for a story-driven action adventure game like this, but overall still okay. The OST is perfect, and the gameplay is decent.

The revealing outfits make up only 7 out of the total 41, with the majority gated behind heavy progression. And they still need to alter them. Too bad.
Raven
My Ass GIF

So no way to go back out into the world when you get to the Raven boss? I need to get some better implants. I know most of her patterns, but can't beat her cause she does so much damage.

tommib

The game is dragging a bit so i'm glad i'm almost at the end tbh.
How many hours do you have in total? I can go into space and was trying to do all quests but I’m kind of done. I’m at 26 hours. 30 hours out of an action-adventure is more than enough for me.

Eiknarf

I like the game but there is some JANK with the way she walks around. Very imprecise and hard to get her in place for opening some chests and especially making jumps (ya'll know the sequence I mean) where her "Drunken giraffe" walk style has her slipping off stuff ALL THE TIME.

I also dislike the larger bosses that can completely cover the screen in arms, tentacles, and explosions to where you can't actually see what Eve is doing (usually getting thrown to the ground or locked into a reaction animation I guess) and makes that precise block/parry/dodge stuff REALLY hard to pull off. Of course I'm playing on 1.000 no patch so maybe the timing stuff is more responsive if I could give up my high thigh cut bunny suit :p
I read that if you press L2, EVE will come to a complete stop.

DelireMan7

I finally looked up the solution to the "Arch puzzle" password. "Turn clockwise Xion". I couldn't find the solution after many many attempts...

Juste find out that I assume the symbol which was on the middle on the "wrong side" of the clock...

I love the math puzzle. I did 2. Hope there is more.

GymWolf

How many hours do you have in total? I can go into space and was trying to do all quests but I’m kind of done. I’m at 26 hours. 30 hours out of an action-adventure is more than enough for me.
Not sure about how many hours, probably 25-30.

I stopped doing all the sidequest when i realized that most of what you find is materials to craft costumes and i know this game has a huge emphasis on different costumes but i'm really not into the whole fashion souls thing to begin with.

It's a good game nevertheless.

Top Bottom