• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

tommib

I always go back to the black latex costume because her ass just isn’t as big as in some of the kardashian like costumes - which I find borderline bad taste and tacky. Even the kill bill jumpsuit which I thought was going to be cool makes her ass the size of a mountain. ⛰️ Happy for whoever finds it sexy, though!

Draugoth

Gold Member
Event at Korea

p7pE3aM.jpeg

I think I am slowly making my way there. I have been playing on balanced. I tried performance for about an hour, but there were still framedrops in Wasteland even with no action on screen, so I went back. Now I’m tempted to bump it up.
The DF guy said balanced offers the best image quality but I can't stand framedrops. Even if it's still in the 50s.

Back in my day this was a nanosuit. How things have changed...
yUblGPd.jpeg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah balanced mode is as stable as your average resettler, pretty annoying but fidelity feels like i'm controlling your average resettler...

Eiknarf

Too many costumes looks great but completely cover the ass and boobs.

For now i settled on the green one with jacket and the tail, i think it's called prototype planet diving suit or something.
It looks like Blue Monsoon is the most similar to something out of DOA Xtreme.
Blue Monsoon is definitely the skimpiest. It shows the most skin.
So, not sure why they “covered up” the boob cleavage AND leg/upper thigh cleavage on the Holiday Rabbit and Cybernetic Bondage outfits

Eiknarf

I always go back to the black latex costume because her ass just isn’t as big as in some of the kardashian like costumes - which I find borderline bad taste and tacky. Even the kill bill jumpsuit which I thought was going to be cool makes her ass the size of a mountain. ⛰️ Happy for whoever finds it sexy, though!
Wait. I’m just now learning that there are three EVE sizes. She has three sizes depending on the Nano Suit you chose.

So there is:
Small (Black Pink ass)
Medium
Thicc (Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj ass)

I didn’t know that.

So now the question is : which Nano Suits give us the small EVE, and which give us the Medium, and which give us the Thicc?

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Wait. I’m just not learning that there are three EVE sizes. She has three sizes depending on the Nano Suit you chose.

So there is:
Small (Black Pink ass)
Medium

I didn’t know that.

So now the question is : which Nano Suits give us the small EVE, and which give us the Medium, and which give us the Thicc?
Suits with the jeans (the skinnier jeans) seem to be the thinnest EVE.

The starting suit for example is the "medium" lol

Last edited:

GymWolf

It looks like Blue Monsoon is the most similar to something out of DOA Xtreme.
Blue Monsoon is definitely the skimpiest. It shows the most skin.
So, not sure why they “covered up” the boob cleavage AND leg/upper thigh cleavage on the Holiday Rabbit and Cybernetic Bondage outfits
The skimpiest outfits are too ridicolous to use during a first run imo.

I need something with some balance.

DelireMan7

I wanted to find out myself but I start to think that I miss it.
When do we have access to the fishing ?
I started Matrix 11 and did everything in the wasteland and redid Eidos 7.

In the waste land, I found a place for it (Adam told me) but I didn't have any option to fish.

GymWolf

I wanted to find out myself but I start to think that I miss it.
When do we have access to the fishing ?
I started Matrix 11 and did everything in the wasteland and redid Eidos 7.

In the waste land, I found a place for it (Adam told me) but I didn't have any option to fish.
When you reach the desert area.

Eiknarf

The skimpiest outfits are too ridicolous to use during a first run imo.

I need something with some balance.
Yeah. I’m at the end and I only have like ten Nano Suits. But I saw them all on YouTube and that Blue Monsoon is the skimpiest

I’m tryin’ to grasp the dodge and block mechanics and recall the attack combos. I really suck at these types of games. Thank god there’s a story mode or I’d be shrink wrapping this game and returning it

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’m in the great desert and some things in this game are really starting to annoy me. For one, and a lot of games do this. Will you please let me be able to interact with camps and items and chests when there are enemies nearby? It’s 2024 FFS. I shouldn’t need to clear out every nearby enemy just to open a fucking chest. It forces you to fight when you don’t want to and you just want to explore and take some time off from fighting enemies. And if you have a tiny slice of health left and you found a camp and have to kill the enemies to activate it, then you’re essentially fucked and when you die you gotta make your way aaaaall the way back to that camp.

Also enemies in this game follow you for so long. I had some enemies following me for well over a minute I was like my god give it a fucking rest and give up.

And the great desert is huge. Would really have been handy to give you some type of vehicle in this area or give more fast travel points. Having me run around in mostly barren space makes exploring this area such a chore.

I do like the game though but there’s a bunch of small things that really bother me.

I’m tryin’ to grasp the dodge and block mechanics and recall the attack combos. I really suck at these types of games. Thank god there’s a story mode or I’d be shrink wrapping this game and returning it
You can just hold block. You can block every regular attack that comes from the front. You can also parry every regular attack. Attack combos are just any combination of the two buttons in any order you wish.

Dodging is for suckers experts. I only ever dodge the "yellow" attacks that require dodging.

Maybe you try to get too fancy in combat? You could just be blocking, then attacking a few times until you can use your beta skill of choice.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I like the game but there is some JANK with the way she walks around. Very imprecise and hard to get her in place for opening some chests and especially making jumps (ya'll know the sequence I mean) where her "Drunken giraffe" walk style has her slipping off stuff ALL THE TIME.

I also dislike the larger bosses that can completely cover the screen in arms, tentacles, and explosions to where you can't actually see what Eve is doing (usually getting thrown to the ground or locked into a reaction animation I guess) and makes that precise block/parry/dodge stuff REALLY hard to pull off. Of course I'm playing on 1.000 no patch so maybe the timing stuff is more responsive if I could give up my high thigh cut bunny suit :p

GymWolf

What did he get wrong about the amount cinematics?
It's nowhere near half of more of the game playtime.

Unless you are like a god of videogames that only mainline the mainstory in 5 hours without doing literally no sidecontent, and he would still be fucking wrong even in this case.

Aenima

I also dislike the larger bosses that can completely cover the screen in arms, tentacles, and explosions to where you can't actually see what Eve is doing (usually getting thrown to the ground or locked into a reaction animation I guess) and makes that precise block/parry/dodge stuff REALLY hard to pull off. Of course I'm playing on 1.000 no patch so maybe the timing stuff is more responsive if I could give up my high thigh cut bunny suit :p
I played most of the game without patch and after patching it i dont notice any diference in my parries or dodges, they are still as good (or bad) as they where before. But i never had a problem with the paries and dodges timings since the demo like some ppl had.

bender

What time is it?
It's nowhere near half of more of the game playtime.

I don't think he said this. I re-watched the video and used a youtube transcriber and didn't see a mention of half. He did harp on about them being unskippable, boring, and endless. I might be something of course but you also attributing him saying, and I'm paraphrasing, "no juggling means the combat can't be fast" and that's not the entirety of his statement of why he doesn't consider the combat fast. I detailed that in one of my earlier posts but didn't tag you as I forgot who made the claim (apologies).

I like the game but there is some JANK with the way she walks around. Very imprecise and hard to get her in place for opening some chests and especially making jumps (ya'll know the sequence I mean) where her "Drunken giraffe" walk style has her slipping off stuff ALL THE TIME.
This game does animation over responsiveness. That's why it's so hard to place her where you want. Platforming is hell. And there's a lot of it.

GymWolf

I don't think he said this. I re-watched the video and used a youtube transcriber and didn't see a mention of half. He did harp on about them being unskippable, boring, and endless. I might be something of course but you also attributing him saying, and I'm paraphrasing, "no juggling means the combat can't be fast" and that's not the entirety of his statement of why he doesn't consider the combat fast. I detailed that in one of my earlier posts but didn't tag you as I forgot who made the claim (apologies).
No, he write on the screen what i say, watch the video better.

And whatever he say about fast pacing is wrong, a game being fast paced is not dictated by the mechanics but by how fast the actual combat is, you can have a combat system with one button to evade and one to attack and if it's fast enough is gonna be considered fast paced, juggling or the other thing he mention are just that, addional mechanics.

Stellar blade may not be the most fast paced combat out there, but the game is definitely fast paced.

He says that you have to stay in front of the enemy and just parry but that is also bullshit because the game literally have burst skills that are all about perfect dodging, you can play the game without parrying once.

Look i don't really care about defending the game that much but the dude really sound like he just want to be negative about the game, his tone of voice is already a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
Wait. I’m just now learning that there are three EVE sizes. She has three sizes depending on the Nano Suit you chose.

So there is:
Small (Black Pink ass)
Medium

I didn’t know that.

Anything that completely cover her legs will usually make her ass look smaller. Same for the boobs.
It's a neat attention to detail actually.

GymWolf

I hate when bosses have that special move that make the camera cinematic but you can't see shit, it's usually a jump with stomp move.

Not sure why the fuck the camera think that i need a cinematic view of the boss squashing me :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

bender

What time is it?
No, he write on the screen what i say, watch the video better.

And whatever he say about fast pacing is wrong, a game being fast paced is not dictated by the mechanics but by how fast the actual combat is, you can have a combat system with one button to evade and one to attack and if it's fast enough is gonna be considered fast paced, juggling or the other thing he mention are just that, addional mechanics.

Stellar blade may not be the most fast paced combat out there, but the game is definitely fast paced.

He says that you have to stay in front of the enemy and just parry but that is also bullshit because the game literally have burst skills that are all about perfect dodging, you can play the game without parrying once.

I guess that's the confusion then. I usually watch videos as background noise and I didn't recall him mention half so I listened again and transcribed and still didn't hear it or see it. I didn't think to check the onscreen messaging.

Him having a differing opinion on what makes a fast paced game also doesn't make him wrong, but I digress. I don't think many watched entire video and I concede that his opening wouldn't entice most to do so which is unfortunate as it overshadows his in depth analysis of what he did and didn't like about the combat system and showcases his game play to back up his critic. I should have just linked to that portion as it's the most interesting. .

Look i don't really care about defending the game that much but the dude really sound like he just want to be negative about the game, his tone of voice is already a dead giveaway.

Your tone seems contrary to this statement and it took a little restraint to not snap back at your "watch the video better" quip, but maybe his tone inspired your tone. I just thought he articulated things better than I could around spacing, meter usage, enemy behavior, cancelling, etc.

I never found Stellar Blade slow, I used the held triangle dash a ton in the game but I do think the combat feels stunted at times which is why I called the demo the in-between of Souls combat and more traditional character action games (DMC, NG, Bayo, etc.). There is no stamina system but the end of combos often felt like there a hidden stamina bar as you can be left vulnerable and unable parry or do the other appropriate Simon Says counter to an enemy special move. I also think the combat kind of struggles with multiple enemies at once if you don't have Beta energy stored. He's just better at those games and better at understanding/explaining mechanics in the genre, so I definitely felt some of his frustration. I also don't think he's wrong about bloated, by that's modern game design for you and the disdain for that can certainly vary. He's definitely on one end of the spectrum, but I be curious who really enjoys the passcode hunts or minigames to open chests). I do really disagree with him saying the combat feels like a western developed game as those generally lack impact and the act of a perfect parry or perfect dodge feels wonderful and there is no better feeling in the game than chaining multiple perfect parries. I might not like the game as most (that's true of most games these days), but I liked it more than him in that I think there is a foundation of something that could be great.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I guess that's the confusion then. I usually watch videos as background noise and I didn't recall him mention half so I listened again and transcribed and still didn't hear it or see it. I didn't think to check the onscreen messaging.

Him having a differing opinion on what makes a fast paced game also doesn't make him wrong, but I digress. I don't think many watched entire video and I concede that his opening wouldn't entice most to do so which is unfortunate as it overshadows his in depth analysis of what he did and didn't like about the combat system and showcases his game play to back up his critic. I should have just linked to that portion as it's the most interesting. .

Your tone seems contrary to this statement and it took a little restraint to not snap back at your "watch the video better" quip, but maybe his tone inspired your tone. I just thought he articulated things better than I could around spacing, meter usage, enemy behavior, cancelling, etc.

I never found Stellar Blade slow, I used the held triangle dash a ton in the game but I do think the combat feels stunted at times which is why I called the demo the in-between of Souls combat and more traditional character action games (DMC, NG, Bayo, etc.). There is no stamina system but the end of combos often felt like there a hidden stamina bar as you can be left vulnerable and unable parry or do the other appropriate Simon Says counter to an enemy special move. I also think the combat kind of struggles with multiple enemies at once if you don't have Beta energy stored. He's just better at those games and better at understanding/explaining mechanics in the genre, so I definitely felt some of his frustration. I also don't think he's wrong about bloated, by that's modern game design for you and the disdain for that can certainly vary. He's definitely on one end of the spectrum, but I be curious who really enjoys the passcode hunts or minigames to open chests). I do really disagree with him saying the combat feels like a western developed game as those generally lack impact and the act of a perfect parry or perfect dodge feels wonderful and there is no better feeling in the game than chaining multiple perfect parries. I might not like the game as most (that's true of most games these days), but I liked it more than him in that I think there is a foundation of something that could be great.
Dude mine wasn't a quip or had any malice in it, i just told you to watch the video better because you missed what he wrote in the video, sorry for the misunderstanding i guess.

And i think he is wrong about the fast paced thing, how many mechanics your combat system has doesn't make your combat fast paced, it makes no sense to me, it's how fast the rythm of the combat is that make a game fast paced, how aggressive are the enemies, how fast are their attacks, how many of them attack at the same time, how fast you can retaliate, how fast are the dodges etc, you can have a game full of mechanics that is not necessarily more fast paced than a game with a simpler combat.

I agree that SB is not the fastest paced in the market but he make the example of just staying in front of the enemies and parry but that is one of the possible playstyles (and i would argue that parrying fast consecutive attacks is fast paced enough), i would never call this game slow paced when you are in combat, especially against group of mobs and bosses.

I didn't really watched much of his video, i just jumped from a point to another and i saw the cutscene thing and the slow pace thing and it was enough for me, i usually don't even watch these videos to begin with.

Last edited:
If you think that childish rant is an indication of any intelligence then you need to go back to school.

Attacking me with no justifiable reason is childish and a sign of a lack of intelligence in itself.

What? You're a clown and you didn't even watch his whole video because nothing you said about it was even accurate. Also, did you not read what I wrote? I said he's more knowledgeable about games that YOU AND ME, which is true, he knows game design and mechanics on a deep level, which if you had watched the video you'd know since he goes into great mechanical depth for most of the video.

You just couldn't handle the criticism so you dismissed it as a childish rant instead of taking on the specific points made. Are you the guy who brought up his cutscene complaints? If so that was something else you pulled out of your ass because he didn't say they take up half the game, he said they were unskippable and the story sucked.

bender

What time is it?
Dude mine wasn't a quip or had any malice in it, i just told you to watch the video better because you missed what he wrote in the video, sorry for the misunderstanding i guess.

And i think he is wrong about the fast paced thing, how many mechanics your combat system has doesn't make your combat fast paced, it makes no sense to me, it's how fast the rythm of the combat is that make a game fast paced, how aggressive are the enemies, how fast are their attacks, how many of them attack at the same time, how fast you can retaliate, how fast are the dodges etc, you can have a game full of mechanics that is not necessarily more fast paced than a game with a simpler combat.

I agree that SB is not the fastest paced in the market but he make the example of just staying in front of the enemies and parry but that is one of the possible playstyles (and i would argue that parrying fast consecutive attacks is fast paced enough), i would never call this game slow paced when you are in combat, especially against group of mobs and bosses.

I didn't really watched much of his video, i just jumped from a point to another and i saw the cutscene thing and the slow pace thing and it was enough for me, i usually don't even watch these videos to begin with.

Maybe I read you wrong and I'm glad I didn't bark back.

It's not about the amount of mechanics as he explains how Stellar blade has a ton of combat mechanics. Or even this from the comment section:

marksb.jpg

And, I'm going off of memory and paraphrasing here, I think you are mischaracterizing the "stay in front of enemies thing" as an optimal strategy but not the only strategy. Jumping around in the video, while understandable, is going to lead to misunderstanding. I wish he'd just focused on the 18:00 minute mark or I'd just linked to that section of the video. I don't agree with everything there as I stated above, but I do think he does a good job of explaining the lack of fluidity that I had a hard time putting into words. I re-watched (listened) to the video after your initial comments and I understand why it's easy to be put off with how jaded he is. It's way more chastising than I remember. Don't go to sleep listening to youtube videos is my takeaway.

Anyway, love you.

Last edited:
Brothers, the game just unlocked yet another resource meter for me. Does this game ever end? I feel I have been playing forever, but when a trophy pops, it's like 9% progress. These are all good things. Although Tales of Symphonia and Sand Land are both glaring at me.

the dude really sound like he just want to be negative about the game
welcome-to-the-5bdcec.jpg

Madflavor

Yo can we move on from "Mr. 538 videos, been around for 6 years, and only amassed 30k subs"? He's not some knowledgeable, measured, and balanced reviewer who tells it like it is. He's just another asshole with an opinion, and his opinion is nothing special or interesting. His opinions are a dime a dozen. He's the typical "Gaming is dead" contrarian that we've seen a thousand times over, where Old = Good and New = Bad.

Let's get back to talking about tits.

Last edited:
Yo can we move on from "Mr. 538 videos, been around for 6 years, and only amassed 30k subs"? He's not some knowledgeable, measured, and balanced reviewer who tells it like it is. He's just another asshole with an opinion, and his opinion is nothing special or interesting. His opinions are a dime a dozen. He's the typical "Gaming is dead" contrarian that we've seen a thousand times over, where Old = Good and New = Bad.

Let's get back to talking about tits.
So, my favorite outfit is ocean maid. Totally worth the grind.

Madflavor

Apparently the game is sold out most places in Japan with stores doing a 1 per customer rule now 😂

Yeah I saw that. Don't know if they understocked in Japan or if it's doing really well. Hope it's the latter, we'll know soon this Thursday.

Then there's this:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Pretty ridiculous you don’t have the option to skip certain cut scenes. I don’t find the side quests particularly interesting so I wanted to do the thing I do I many games where I do them but completely skip all the dialogue and cut scenes but it won’t let me.

I like how all the side quests give some lore, good items, and are immersive. The bulletin board quests, however, are completely skippable and just give generic rewards. That is how all games should handle quests from now on. Good sidequests found out in the world. Filler quests relegated to some optional quest board.

DelireMan7

Just got access to Burst skills. They are really flashy and I love them.
And it finally gives a reason to use perfect dodge now.

I did several practice sessions over the course of my playthrough but still don't really understand fully the timing for it. I don't have much problem for parrying.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just got access to Burst skills. They are really flashy and I love them.
And it finally gives a reason to use perfect dodge now.

I did several practice sessions over the course of my playthrough but still don't really understand fully the timing for it. I don't have much problem for parrying.
Later on you can get Reflex-Type Exospine that makes easier to use perfect parry and dodge.
Stellar_Blade_20240506201909.jpg

Top Bottom