• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade PC Version is being considered. Next AAA Project is 'Codename Witches'

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sales of Stellar Blade are "exceeding expectations".

Due to Stellar Blade's sucess, the studio will focus more on AAA IPs

Stellar Blade developer Shift Up! confirms both a PC version and a sequel are under consideration. Sales of Stellar Blade are "exceeding expectations", Studio will continue to expand AAA efforts, New project 'Codename Witches' in development.

Last edited:

ssringo

under consideration
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

The only consideration is when to release it.

midnightAI

I don't see any mention of PC for Stellar Blade? (I'm sure it will come)

nial

Considering? Guess it's further out than I thought..
It will take 2 years like other PS5 first-party games like Returnal and Horizon Forbidden West.
I was under the impression that after Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Returnal, SIE would only start porting the big AAA games, hence why Stellar Blade might just be under consideration.
Also, unless Shift Up made a Kojipro-type of deal like with Death Stranding (developer gets the PC/mobile publishing rights), this is 100% being released by PlayStation PC LLC.

MrRibeye

It's so easy to predict the future

Shift Up will give us badass sexy Codename Witches with stylish lingerie witches like in the X360 classic game Bullet Witch
sddefault.jpg

And around the same time Ubisoft gives us Assassin's Creed Hexe except that they haven't told us yet why we're going to facepalm and laugh about the main character
assassins-creed-hexe-1024x576.png

Last edited:

mrcroket

it seems that the time between game releases is getting shorter and shorter, before it was just old games, then day one service games, now it's a single player game that has just been released and is being "considered"....

We all know what that means right?

nial

I don't see any mention of PC for Stellar Blade? (I'm sure it will come)

Lol, it's true. Where did he get the part of SB being considered for PC?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i would love a game from them that's literally about witches. i even think that is actually a good name lol.

I completed Stellar Blade just last night. Overall it was fantastic - it receives a well earned 9/10 from me. With that being said, I was still a little hesitant to give my full approval until the final 3rd of the game. Looking back, I have no idea what I was thinking as the game was an absolute banger... towards the end it became nothing short of spectacular! Stellar Blade sort of pulls you in over time and does a remarkable job of pacing content in just the right way. It builds and builds and builds. The set pieces became more magnificent, the combat evolves to become more and more satisfying and in-depth, the bosses more incredible, the scale and scope more remarkable. It pushes everything way further than you ever expect.

I'm normally a completionist but I just powered through past the point of no return as I was enjoying the game so much. I'm gonna move on to something else but after a while I'll be back once again for new game +. For anyone on the fence I heartily recommend!

nial

I'd expect the release date for it (and Rise of the Ronin) to be more in-line with Nioh 1/2 and Death Stranding so ~1 year tops.
Death Stranding was a particular situation, and Sony didn't have anything to do with Nioh 1 and 2 in terms of production and publishing (outside of the West).

They don't say it's being considered.. they say it's in development.. lol

In a securities filing disclosed on the same day, Shift Up said that it is developing a major new subculture (Japanese anime-style) cross-platform game 'Project Witches' with the goal of launching in 2027.

In addition, the PC version of "Stellar Blade", which was introduced last month, and a sequel are also in development.

Madonis

Good news, I suppose. I'd still rather see Unicorn Overlord on PC, but sometimes you can't have everything in life.

Pedro Motta

Top Bottom