• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade PC Version is being considered. Next AAA Project is 'Codename Witches'

"- Studio will continue to expand AAA efforts and invest in new IPs moving into 2025"

Well deserved and their next AAA IP will be fire, considering how good Stellar Blade is 💯🔥

Not interested in their next gacha game 👎

My bet is a PC version for the anniversary, alongside Photo Mode and some new outfits. It doesn't make sense Sony releases their games on PC but forces Shift Up to remain exclusive, which is detrimental for a new studio in the market.

I hope next time there will be no drama, and stupid culture wars so people just focus on games. I wish a full JRPG based on their first IP "Destiny Child" but that's unfortunately not happening.

nial

I doubt Sony will be the publisher of the PC version. Sony dosent own the IP, findind a publisher for PC is most likely on ShiftUp hands. Same deal as Nioh.
I'm just quoting myself here.
Death Stranding was a particular situation, and Sony didn't have anything to do with Nioh 1 and 2 in terms of production and publishing (outside of the West).
ShiftUp owns the IP, and I’d be very surprised if they weren’t the ones publishing it on PC themselves.
Eh, this has a lot more to do than IP ownership; Stellar Blade was SIE-produced, so they obviously have a say on that specific project.

Gematsu has more information. Feel free to add it to your OP Draugoth Draugoth .

As for Stellar Blade, plans for a PC version and a sequel are listed as under consideration, with a release date not yet determined.

"Beyond Stellar Blade, we are developing a new [intellectual property]-based game, Project Witches, for release in 2027 or later, and are considering a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel," reads the document (translated from Korean via DeepL). "We believe that our ability to develop new [intellectual properties] that can be successful without relying on existing [intellectual properties] will enable us to grow sustainably compared to other game companies that are locked into existing [intellectual properties]."

Elsewhere in the document, the potential PC release is mentioned once again, as well as plans for post-launch updates and downloadable content.

The document reads, "For Stellar Blade, we have plans to introduce new gameplay elements, including downloadable content releases, a PC version, and new [intellectual property] collaborations. Meanwhile, the company's global one-build approach allows for simultaneous global updates to ensure a consistent game experience for users and rapid deployment of content at a low cost."

Later on it reads, "AAA console titles such as God of War and Final Fantasy have shown tremendous potential, selling over [66 million copies and 185 million] respectively. There are many precedents for AAA titles to evolve into [intellectual property] franchises by extending their lifespan through a series of high-quality sequels and maintaining a long-term monetization base. As a result, we are exploring the possibility of a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel."

Oh and I'm glad to hear that SB sold above expectations. :messenger_sunglasses:

Vroadstar

Aw yeah baby. What is GAF without its cringe.

It's from Manabyte so his opinion on Stellar Blade (PS exclusive) is like the sky is blue. I can’t wait for his TED Talk on the greatness of "Senua Saga Hellblade 2" which will be life-changing, as that quote came from that thread. "pie_tears_joy:

The ending sequences of SB seemed pretty rushed, because I guess after 5 years they really needed to finish the game.

Would be nice to see some of the presumably cut content resurface as DLC or expansion content. We didn't get to kill that AI bitch Mother Sphere after all.

It was also originally announced for PC
The original "Project EVE" announcement back in 2019 mentioned all available platforms at the time. I'm assuming once Sony approached them and offered a lot of support and development assistance in exchange for publishing rights, the platform scope narrowed. Also after 5 years it ended up being on PS5 not PS4

You can still see the original announcement here:

It's impressive to see just how much the original vision for the game was ultimately preserved in the finished Stellar Blade...

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
mods on pc
Crush Flirting GIF

Top Bottom