• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Toki767

I actually thought it was SFIV as well and kept waiting for the new footage.

I think I would have killed for something that looked like Guilty Gear Xrd and played like SFII:Turbo.

The only reason why I thought it wasn't SFIV was because it was night time and the characters actually had lighting. If it had been a daytime scene I probably would have thought it was SFIV as well.

Ryu has aged throughout the series, it would be weird if they just stopped now. and for some reason Ryu's hair becomes darker the more he ages.

sf1:
ryu_1.jpg

sf alpha series:
ryu-street-fighter-alpha-3-picture.png

sf2:
Ryu_%28SSF2%29.png

sf4 (takes place before sf3):
ryu_superSF4.jpg

sf3:
Ryu3sportrait.gif

Only one answer...

davedc226

I woke up this morning, read this and I've been so hyped all day! I've been a fan of this series since SF II: World Warrior in the arcades, though it seems like a shorter span of time has passed between SFIV and now SFV, as opposed to SFII and SFIII.

If anything and going off topic here, this is great for PC gamers. How many fighters have we gotten or will be getting?

MK5
Street Fighter 5
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Rise of Incarnates - eh....
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Super / Ultra Street Fighter 4
Injustice
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Skullgirls
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION
Street Fighter X Tekken
Dive Kick
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

I'd be surprised if we didn't see Pokken Tournament making its way to the PC as well, though I'd really love Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on the platform as well.

So much for Capcom not wanting to put its games on PC, huh?

None yet. There was supposed to be a device to let you use some but nothing ever happened.

http://community.us.playstation.com...sories-for-PS4-Updated-2-7-2014/td-p/40831841

MKDAcover.jpg

2169924-kappa_zpsa712bedf.png

imjust1n

Banned
That's actually kinda funny that ps4 gets this exclusive.

Its probably timed but still timed is still very bad for Xbox one owners. GG

Wedge7

Damn, what crazy news to wake up to.

I know some people are saying they called it and they though this might happen, but fuck, this caught me off guard big time. Damn, I'm hyped though. Though I would have been hyped regardless of console exclusivity, as I have all systems, but still, just knowing SF5 is being developed is huge. The no Xbone thing though, lol, I'll admit, it made me laugh. Sick trailer, light on game footage, but its still probably a ways off, but the music and the nostalgia and history it conveyed, I really enjoyed it.

Xpliskin

Seeing how the trailer is edited, this would have had a much bigger impact if it was revealed in front of a crowd.

Now that the dust has settled, screw whoever discovered the mistake first and thought it was a good idea to start a thread and share it.

This us actually a smart move. Capcom will profit from sf5, especially if sony helped fund part of the game or helped het the game up and running. They can take profits from the game and make a multiplatform super sf 5 or ultra or whatever and take home all the money. Isnt that what they did with demons souls? Use money made from a sony exclusive which sony helped fund to launch dark souls, a multiplatform game

Rembrandt

Banned
Great, so the three of you can work together and cross reference those names against the TR timed exclusivity thread. I'd love to see these duplicitous rogues exposed for the hypocrites they are! Altered Juice - you go getter, you! - is already up and running, so this shouldn't take long at all!

See you in 24 hours.

from the first 10 pages:

I have an Xbox One and PS4, but I'm sure as fuck not playing this on Xbox One. I'll wait for the inevitable PS4 version. Eat shit, Square Enix.

to

Maybe more people wanted to play the next Tomb Raider instead of SF? I mean, SF4 had so many damn versions it probably burned some people out.
I hope this isn't the "big" exclusive Sony was going to show on the 6th. Never cared for SF, so I'm hoping something better is announced at PSX.

I don't mind exclusives, but I do mind it when a multiplatform games sequel goes exclusive. This is extremely shitty even if I'm not personally all that interested in this specific game.

to

It sucks when big announcements like this gets leaked in advance. If it's a mistake done by PR or something, then so be it, but if it's someone leaking it on purpose then fuck that piece of shit. Hopefully this will be the last leak and there'll be more stuff for the show.

Square Enix continues to make shit decisions.

to

Exclusives are good. Makes the market more fun.

Will get on PC.

Well, this is SE. Would you really be surprised? TR isn't a huge franchise (last one only sold 6 million), and MS is desperate probably throwing money where ever it sticks. Put two and two together (maybe SE felt threatened by UC?).

But yea, not going to be buying an X1 anytime soon now, $299 or not, MS just permanently lost me

to

Wow, seems Sony was serious about dropping bombs tomorrow. Awesome news

(But who's really surprised at that one)

This news angers me a lot. Looks like I'm waiting to 2016 to play it on PC.

to

Hmm, it doesn't indicate it's timed. Perhaps Sony is finally getting their hands dirty.
At least titanfall and this had PC from the start unlike the new tomb raider.

Lol so it is a full exclusive.

Japanese Publishers are so clueless.

to

Lol, what a way to blow a surprise. Also the overactions are great. Now all of sudden that is the only thing Sony was going to have at the TGA and PSX events.

Well, there you go. This is how Microsoft competes. They pay publishers good money to remove games from other platforms while in development.

to

I have mixed feelings here.

On one hand, I am happy with the SFV reveal by itself.

On the other hand, as someone who games on the PS4, I don't care if the game is exclusive, I would always get it on my system of choice.

Why did Sony spend all that money on this? I would very much have preferred that they had spent a fraction of that money on bringing Wipeout back.

Competition is good right guys! Fuck you Microsoft.

If you're going to make a new IP like Titanfall exclusive, fine, theres no fan base there that will miss it. Don't money hat a sequel to an established game. Its just shitty.

to

I don't really have a problem with 3rd party exclusives honestly as long as they aren't used in place of internal 1st party development. The only reason I don't like MS moneyhatting exclusives is because I find their internal studios and true first party lacking and in dire need of growth and investment in it. I don't like when they spend large amounts of money on just snatching 3rd party exclusives instead of bolstering/founding new studios. Sony has a vast 1st party and a lot invested into their studios so it doesn't bother me as much because I know they are putting the work into their 1st party. If MS bolsters and improves their internal studios I'd be okay with them getting 3rd party exclusives too. Either way ideally a 3rd party exclusive should still be funded by Sony/MS or the like.

Wow, straight up money hat.

We'll see if this bites them in the ass.

to

Sf4 exclusive...

Well that certainly is a gigaton.

I'm positive they can find more throughout that 150+ page thread or we can act like people aren't reacting differently to what's basically the same situation, only different consoles.

from the first 10 pages:

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

I'm positive they can find more throughout that 150+ page thread or we can act like people aren't reacting differently to what's basically the same situation, only different consoles.

oh shit, someone actually did it.

am I alive, this is gold.

wmlk

Thought the game footage was from SF4 when I was watching the video, honestly. It's early yet, obviously, and SF4 cleaned up a ton over the course of development, but maybe the art style here should have been taken in a distinct direction, since every other generational SF iteration has its own look. Great production on the teaser, though, and the use of Explosions in the Sky.

I think they're going to put more focus on stage detail.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If anything and going off topic here, this is great for PC gamers. How many fighters have we gotten or will be getting
Don't forget Yatagarasu, which should be great, and I guess you can count Blade Symphony which is... different...

SFIV: 3.3 million
SSFIV: 1.9 million
SSFIV3D: 1.2 million
SSFIVAE: 1.1 million
USFIV: About 500K last I heard?

Compare that to Resident Evil 6 which is at 6 million.

It's really only a major game in name brand alone, not necessarily in sales.

Those are very good numbers. Not amazing, but no fighting game does compared to other genres.

from the first 10 pages:

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

None of any of that proves anything.

And no way in hell is this 'basically the same situation'.

I stand behind TR going Xbox exclusive being a dumb decision for Square Enix.

If you think that's being hypocrite you don't know what hypocrisy is.

Trey

from the first 10 pages:

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

Eh, some of those are logically consistent. Demosthenes is pissed it's not coming to PC, which is a difference between this situation and the TR reveal.

Purest 78

from the first 10 pages:

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

Sorry but those examples were terrible, and didn't prove anything imo.

Rembrandt

Banned

several of the quotes you pasted do not support your argument.

people that were upset at it not coming to their platform of choice but show none of the same anger here doesn't prove anything?

granted, it was only the first 10 pages and I'm sure better examples out there exist, but it's not like people were lying when they said the two threads are pretty different.

Eh, some of those are logically consistent. Demosthenes is pissed it's not coming to PC, which is a difference between this situation and the TR reveal.

yeah, his I could understand, but I was mainly quoting people that were upset in one thread and not the other.

wachie

Yeah, I dont see how that is proving double standards. Some people back then wanted to play the game (TR) on PC, they're now saying they'll play SFV on PC.

In one situation (TR), the game wasnt coming to PC so the poster was upset. Now it's coming to the PC, so he's aight.

several of the quotes you pasted do not support your argument.
Agreed.

from the first 10 pages:

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

to

Many of these quotes don't even prove the point though. One guy sounded like he was happy as long as it was on PC in both cases. It is just people posting in both threads.

Rembrandt

Banned
Eehhhh.....I see one or two that support your point, the others are just people who posted in both threads.

besides for the PC comment, what are some others? just curious. there were two that posted in the playstation show thread, but were talking about SFV.

Yeah...try reading the quotes in there. Half of them contradict his argument.

which ones? the only one I can think of is the PC one.

I was more showing how people that were upset at one exclusive are seemingly okay with another one just because it's going to their platform of choice, which is why i said i'm not surprised to see the change of tone in this thread compared to the TR one.

What I'm finding harder to understand is that your reaction to this reveal doesn't match up with the shade you were throwing at the possibility of an SFV reveal at PSX in the hype thread a couple of days ago.

Trey

The meta surrounding these exclusive threads are really beside the point. People reacting differently based on who snags the exclusivity was bound to happen. It's why these deals are being accepted in the first place, most people don't care past what's good for themselves.

As an example:

Well, there you go. This is how Microsoft competes. They pay publishers good money to remove games from other platforms while in development.

I have mixed feelings here.

On one hand, I am happy with the SFV reveal by itself.

On the other hand, as someone who games on the PS4, I don't care if the game is exclusive, I would always get it on my system of choice.

Why did Sony spend all that money on this? I would very much have preferred that they had spent a fraction of that money on bringing Wipeout back.
Both of his statements seem consistent to me. At worst he's happy that SFV was simply announced, regardless of platform. In both, he expresses his dislike for console publishers snatching up exclusivity deals.

Chun li always sorta had big hands.

If you mean the 'puffiness' from street fighter iv. It's no where near as bad.

chunli_newgame_screen.jpg

jswf3g60exfcqyzi1osc.gif

The new graphics look really rough but better aesthetically in some ways to SF4. Hopefully they give the characters more real skin colors, everything was too orange.

What I'm finding harder to understand is that your reaction to this reveal doesn't match up with the shade you were throwing at the possibility of an SFV reveal at PSX in the hype thread a couple of days ago.

You can go check that thread again and see me slap a "one underwhelmaton out of the way" in there. Or in this thread where I say I will pick it for 15$ on steam.

"Ps4 now default for Evo" is that what got me? I got got for that playboy?

Top Bottom