• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Zackat

I've been using the Steam (beta) support for the DS4 today and it's been great. No more 3rd party programs to get it to work in SFV!

Only problem I'm having is that the controller is sometimes losing its connection because of the micro-usb port. (Been using the Xbox One controller until now)

could that work with a Hori stick or nah? I dunno how that stuff all works. It's a rap4 kai

FluxWaveZ

Anyone know under which circumstances Ibuki's Kasumigake (her dash special) will cross-up during a combo? I know it's impossible for it to ever do so after her st.MK > d.HK > st.HK TC, but I thought there were ones where it could do that? Or are those only V-Trigger stuff?

w87qhhH.jpg

My dumb collection is complete. If you haven't seen these yet, you should really reconsider your life. Watched the animated movie in full for the first time and holy shit, that's probably the best video game movie of all time. Assassins Fist is obviously my personal favorite live action video game movie of all time. And the Van Damme movie... there's really not much to say about it, other than you should watch it when you can.

There's no more movies. Nope. No more.

The Van Damme movie? No motherfucker, that's the Raul Julia movie and you'd best get to watching it.

Also that win 300 online matches trophy, is that only for ranked or does casual count too?

Skilletor

The Van Damme movie? No motherfucker, that's the Raul Julia movie and you'd best get to watching it.

Also that win 300 online matches trophy, is that only for ranked or does casual count too?

I just got the 300 ranked matches trophy, lol.

I'm at 39/45 for steam achievements for this game. Closest I've ever come to getting all achievements.

Cheated for the survival ones, tho. No fucks given.

Cool.
The only things left are the 1 mil FM, the replay ones and the ranked wins one. Managed to cheese through hell survival with Ken's mp DP strat.

This would be the 2nd game I ever platinumed or got all the achivements for, since the only other game is Infamous: Second Son.

I cant even beat hard survival
I know of 3 "cheese" strats that work upto hard survival.

Using M.Bison, keep doing the headstomp. Land on their head, move behind them. Eventually, they'll anti air in the wrong direction and at the last moment, move back to your original side and hit them with the follow-up that can combo into st.mp xx cr.mp xx medium inferno.

Using FANG, just spam trap -> upballs -> trap -> upballs until the enemy is dead. If the AI stops approaching, then just keep spamming upballs since they'll be a full screen away trying to get their stun gauge to decrease.

As Ken or Ryu, keep spamming medium DP. For real. I literally just cleared both Hard and Hell survival with ken using this trick. EDIT: Ken is easier as Reizo Ryuu pointed out, since there's less risk of an accidental super coming out.

Producer

Using M.Bison, keep doing the headstomp. Land on their head, move behind them. Eventually, they'll anti air in the wrong direction and at the last moment, move back to your original side and hit them with the follow-up that can combo into st.mp xx cr.mp xx medium inferno.

Using FANG, just spam trap -> upballs -> trap -> upballs until the enemy is dead. If the AI stops approaching, then just keep spamming upballs since they'll be a full screen away trying to get their stun gauge to decrease.

As Ken or Ryu, keep spamming medium DP. For real. I literally just cleared both Hard and Hell survival with ken using this trick.

but i want the chun li colors :/ and im too cheap to pay for them lol

Zackat

I hate training mode. It feels like it could be so much better. No frame data, no saving of moves I programmed, etc. I end up shutting the game off rather than doing stuff in training mode.

This is probably one of the reasons I can't make it to gold rank. I suck.

1x

My dumb collection is complete. If you haven't seen these yet, you should really reconsider your life. Watched the animated movie in full for the first time and holy shit, that's probably the best video game movie of all time. Assassins Fist is obviously my personal favorite live action video game movie of all time. And the Van Damme movie... there's really not much to say about it, other than you should watch it when you can.

There's no more movies. Nope. No more.

lol, nice collection

but i want the chun li colors :/ and im too cheap to pay for them lol
No worries, cheese them with the characters you want and then use the FM gained from that to pay for the Chun-Li costumes. Win-Win!!

I hate training mode. It feels like it could be so much better. No frame data, no saving of moves I programmed, etc. I end up shutting the game off rather than doing stuff in training mode.

This is probably one of the reasons I can't make it to gold rank. I suck.

1x
I agree that the training mode really should provide the frame data. There's really no excuse since 99% of people just use free apps or look it up online anyway. Would make life a lot easier.

I've lost about 900 points in ranked tonight.

Hot fucking garbage. I'll never get better at this game :(
Not with that attitude. Also never judge your skill by how many points you have. Sometimes you just have those days where it feels like you can't do anything right but that doesn't last all the time. Just keep at it!!

Kashiwaba

As Ken or Ryu, keep spamming medium DP. For real. I literally just cleared both Hard and Hell survival with ken using this trick.

I need to do this

Skab

Not with that attitude. Also never judge your skill by how many points you have. Sometimes you just have those days where it feels like you can't do anything right but that doesn't last all the time. Just keep at it!!

I honestly dont even care about the points, it's just super frustrating to lose that many games in a row, back to back to back. Some of it to really dumb stuff too. (and some of it to me being bad, of course.)

Got a few wins in finally after I posted that, but honestly I didnt even feel good about those lol. Couple of them were pretty ugly.

But, in other news

RYU WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU

LakeEarth

The survival cheese for Rashid is to spam heavy eagle spike, the AI will never punish it and not block it often. If you're back gets to the wall, you can use EX eagle spike to go through the character and get a better positioning.

The only problem with this strat is Ryu, he just keeps spamming fireballs. Air eagle spike works alright but he's by far the biggest problem for the strat, which sucks because Ryu is opponent #100 in extreme mode.

ryan13ts

I've discussed this with other players and apparently I'm not the only one that has this issue but I wondered if you guys do as well; Moves not coming out when you know you're pressing the right combinations.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's almost always at the worst possible time and can be infuriating as hell. At first I thought it was my controller, but it only happens in this game, not in any other fighting game like KOF or GG and It's not because I'm panicking or pressing a direction slightly wrong. It's just like the game doesn't register what I'm inputting and losing a match because of this is maddening.

Anyone experience this?

JayEH

The survival cheese for Rashid is to spam heavy eagle spike, the AI will never punish it and not block it often. If you're back gets to the wall, you can use EX eagle spike to go through the character and get a better positioning.

The only problem with this strat is Ryu, he just keeps spamming fireballs. Air eagle spike works alright but he's by far the biggest problem for the strat, which sucks because Ryu is opponent #100 in extreme mode.

this seems preferable to spamming DPs

Producer

I've discussed this with other players and apparently I'm not the only one that has this issue but I wondered if you guys do as well; Moves not coming out when you know you're pressing the right combinations.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's almost always at the worst possible time and can be infuriating as hell. At first I thought it was my controller, but it only happens in this game, not in any other fighting game like KOF or GG and It's not because I'm panicking or pressing a direction slightly wrong. It's just like the game doesn't register what I'm inputting and losing a match because of this is maddening.

Anyone experience this?

Maybe you pressed it too early or too late? Or simply a missed input. You should probably check back the replay and see the input display. Should help out.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Anyone experience this?
Watch the replay and turn on inputs.

If this game would drop inputs, don't you think top players would've noticed by now?

Been doing the win 10 ranked match challenge and I'm surprised that i actually did ok, especially since they were a bit more higher ranked than me. I'm still trash at the game but its nice to go on a nice win streak.

ryan13ts

Maybe you pressed it too early or too late? Or simply a missed input. You should probably check back the replay and see the input display. Should help out.

Watch the replay and turn on inputs.

If this game would drop inputs, don't you think top players would've noticed by now?

I'll check it out but I'm positive it's not my actual inputs that are the problem. I've been playing fighting games since I was a kid in the early 90's but this is the only one that consistently seems to not be registering my inputs. Some of the inputs are simple ones that I don't even have to think about to do, like QCFx2+Punch or QCB+Kick, but they'll fail to come out or just activate the punch/kick. The only thing I could possibly think to explain this is the controller but like I said before, I don't have this issue whatsoever with King of Fighters or Guilty Gear.

It just gets so fucking infuriating when you're in a clutch situation, and a move or CA you inputted didn't come out and costs you a match. I've talked to at least two other people that said they've had this experience before, although not the the scale I seem to be having. At this point I'm hoping it is the controller, at least that's something I can explain and fix.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well then turn on the inputs, especially in traning mode, and find out if it's your controller. Haven't really heard about this problem before and this game has really been under the microscope for months.

remz

I'll check it out but I'm positive it's not my actual inputs that are the problem. I've been playing fighting games since I was a kid in the early 90's but this is the only one that consistently seems to not be registering my inputs. The only thing I could possibly think to explain this is the controller but like I said before, I don't have this issue whatsoever with King of Fighters or Guilty Gear.

It just gets so fucking infuriating when you're in a clutch situation, and a move or CA you inputted didn't come out and costs you a match. I've talked to at least two other people that said they've had this experience before, although not the the scale I seem to be having. At this point I'm hoping it is the controller, at least that's something I can explain and fix.

Well, I fuck up wake up EX DP as juri like 50% of the time but I think that's more to do with my sloppy inputs (getting EX kicks instead of pinwheel) than the game itself.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Great sets, spazchicken! I really fell apart in the third one. I need to work on my stamina as well as my Nash matchup. I kept doing the exact same ineffective thing in response to certain things and getting punished every time.

The connection was mostly perfect on my end, though there were some random hiccups.

We'll have to play another set soon!

Ima try this. Or the FANG cheese.

Lord help me.

Top Bottom