• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Tizoc

As neat as it would be to have Zeku, Maki wouldve been a more appealing choice....despite the fact that she is blonde xp

kirblar

Wait back up, what leak?
Randomy YT/EH posts in 2016 saying it was Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, and Zeku for the S2 characters.

There's another post saying that Zeku has a redesign (which probably explains why Zeku's sillhouette looks like Garuda's.)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Okay? Don't see how this precludes Cody from getting added down the line.

SF4 had none, until they brought in final fight characters

So what is your point

Heck if the leak is to believed, they will bring in one soon

I'm pretty sure I'm not writing in sanskrit. I don't think they'll be bringing back any of the more popular FF characters (cody guy haggar) for this game. This is just speculation obviously. If they ARE going to be adding FF characters I think they'd rather opt for some who havent appeared in a 1 v 1 fighting game (such as Zeku or Abigail). That's *my point*.

myco666

These new demonstrations are so bad. They gave Gief a totally new special and only thing they talk about is the running bear grab. Why even bother?

Village

I'm pretty sure I'm not writing in sanskrit. I don't think they'll be bringing back any of the more popular FF characters (cody guy haggar) for this game. This is just speculation obviously. If they ARE going to be adding FF characters I think they'd rather opt for some who havent appeared in a 1 v 1 fighting game (such as Zeku or Abigail). That's *my point*.

And you have based this on.....?

Ed's story was great, really nice storytelling voice acting was on point to.
Even egyptian girl already sounds great. Also seems like it's pretty much confirmed she's
rose's disciple
, that's pretty neat I guess.

Edzi

Ugh, if the next character really is Abigail then this will be the first DLC character I have absolutely zero interest in.

Blueblur1

Abigail and Zeku (if he plays like Guy) would be playstyles that aren't really represented in SFV, right? (I mean mega-huge grappler might as well be its own role apart from regular grapplers, right?) It seems like a smart DLC lineup on paper which is why they probably decided to go for it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
And you have based this on.....?

General design philosophy so far? The fact that they seem to be focusing on new characters for the time being? Was I supposed to present you with a small cardboard box filled with folders and blurry nighttime polaroids of evidence before stating an opinion?

Bob White

Bison been top tier. Most oppressive character I've seen in a while tbh. Ex devils reverse still an unfinished mess too smh

Bison is billy fucking berserk, man. Like, cool, I won the round, time to fear for my life and sit full screen as I try and space out slide into trigger into derp. He's the perfect example of vtrigger killing the neutral.

MCD250

I still haven't had a chance to log in, so I haven't claimed my 50,000 Bipson bucks. I think I'll use it to buy the one color I'm missing for Cammy and depending on how much I got left + what I get from Ed I might not even have to pay real money for Vega's stage.

dbztrk

latest

Not the same. Blanka's design is cool and is literally an original design not found in the animal kingdom. I just don't want to see a fighting gorilla, giraffe, dog etc. in my SF universe. :\

Sayad

Love the new trails, some of them are actually kinda challenging. Did Kolin, Ryu, Ken, Gief, ED, Karin, Cammy, Mika, Ibuki and Chun's so far, which still took less time than just doing Baiken's trails in Xrd, but they're a big improvement over S1's trails.

Not the same. Blanka's design is cool and is literally an original design not found in the animal kingdom. I just don't want to see a fighting gorilla, giraffe, dog etc. in my SF universe. :\
I'd take a gorilla over Blanka any day, if Winston and Grodd are anything to go by, talking gorillas are pretty fucking cool.

"Blanka" and "cool" don't belong in the same sentence without the word "not."

Blueblur1

Love the new trails, some of them are actually kinda challenging. Did Kolin, Ryu, Ken, Gief, ED, Karin, Cammy, Mika, Ibuki and Chun's so far, which still took less time than just doing Baiken's trails in Xrd, but they're a big improvement over S1's trails.

I hope I can complete them. During the short period I tried to play USFIV, I could never get past trial 11 for Cammy and two other characters I tried (I think Ryu was one of them). I had an extremely hard time comboing anything in SFIV back then.

febLey

I want to get into Street Fighter, now is the question should I get the physical version without the Season Passes for 24€, the digital version with Season Pass 1 for 40€ or the the digital 2017 Deluxe Edition with Season 1 + 2 for 60€?
Can anyone help?
Are the Character Passes worth it?

Take a step back and then jump forward and mp
You can be holding down in the air and when you land immediately do vskill holding down

I literally just did it. Since I couldnt tell if I was on the ground or not I wasnt pressing and holding vskill early enough. Whoops. Thanks though!

Sayad

I hope I can complete them. During the short period I tried to play USFIV, I could never get past trial 11 for Cammy and two other characters I tried (I think Ryu was one of them). I had an extremely hard time comboing anything in SFIV back then.

They're nothing like SFIV's, still way easier, closest thing to SFIV's level of difficulty I've seen so far is a Gief 3 hit combo that require perfect spacing.

Blueblur1

Can anyone help?
Are the Character Passes worth it?

If you're not a fighting game player I would suggest the cheapest option in case you end up not liking the game. You could always cherry pick which DLC fighters to get with Fight Money or real money.

If you have experience with fighting games and are familiar with the challenge of learning them then I'd suggest a version/package with the DLC characters. You might find that one of the DLC characters ends up being your favorite.

Top Bottom