• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Bob White

While I'm not exactly 100%, I think the drop of the cage during the "FIGHT" at the start of round 1 on Vega's stage desyncs the game. Kinda like how dizzy and certain v trigger particles do.

Blueblur1

I can think of a few femme fatale's whose fortunes are looking very bright in the future. Very bright indeed.

Non-SF4 and/or non-brand new SF characters? S2 is the new character season. Future releases are going to be more 'fan favorite' picks. For good reason.

Oh shit, I can't wait for Season 3. Also, 'for good reason'? Let me guess: This season establishes new characters and Neo Shadaloo because Capcom is ramping up to more story content where a whole other story arc is shoved between SFV and SFIII (similar to SSFIV and USFIV) and said story arc features many returning characters?

And I'd guess Sagat will still hit this December so technically he doesn't miss the 30th anniversary?

Regardless if my guess is right or not, I'm stoked to see what the Capcom Cup/PlayStation Experience surprise is and Season 3 characters.

FluxWaveZ

Ggs Flux...playing a little too defensive there and loss a lot of my matchup knowledge. Her chop seems to be buffed or something? Really gave you a great hit confirm into damage, gotta look at the frame rate.

I'll be even tougher next time mate, just getting back to it.

GGs. On my end, I was being way too impatient and hasty. Partly because of some real life stuff going on around me, partly also because I had been playing for too long. It's dangerous for me to play that way; it's like I had reverted to a previous playstyle of mine.

Her st.MP could always easily confirm into EX Peach, when it was +7 on hit in S1. It's just that Mikas didn't have to rely on it due to the clap. Now it's +8 on hit.

MCD250

Well, load times are definitely better. But I don't think I've noticed an appreciable difference in the quality of the connection of the matches I've been getting.

GGs. On my end, I was being way too impatient and hasty. Partly because of some real life stuff going on around me, partly also because I had been playing for too long. It's dangerous for me to play that way; it's like I had reverted to a previous playstyle of mine.

Her st.MP could always easily confirm into EX Peach, when it was +7 on hit in S1. It's just that Mikas didn't have to rely on it due to the clap. Now it's +8 on hit.
Does her charged HK travel further? My reaction is just that slow lol...I thought it was easier to clip it with sweep at certain distances.

Also after air to air or getting tagged with Mika's headbutt that's a true 50/50? Will a throw beat anything after I land?

FluxWaveZ

Does her charged HK travel further? My reaction is just that slow lol...I thought it was easier to clip it with sweep at certain distances.

Also after air to air or getting tagged with Mika's headbutt that's a true 50/50? Will a throw beat anything after I land?

Nope. Nothing with Mika has changed since S2 began. The charged st.HK never changed.

After getting hit by Mika's cr.MP, that's basically a 50/50, sure. Like getting hit with Laura's st.MP or Birdie's cr.MP. I guess any character with a command grab who has an AA move that leaves the opponent close would make for the same situation. It's an AA normal, so Mika is plus, and your throw wouldn't beat anything.

Nope. Nothing with Mika has changed since S2 began. The charged st.HK never changed.

After getting hit by Mika's cr.MP, that's basically a 50/50, sure. Like getting hit with Laura's st.MP or Birdie's cr.MP. I guess any character with a command grab who has an AA move that leaves the opponent close would make for the same situation. It's an AA normal, so Mika is plus, and your throw wouldn't beat anything.
Ahh yeah I remember now...it's like a guess between a throw and a normal. So if I hold up and you did a throw, I'm coming down to punish, I you did meaty, you'll tag me in the air, or u can bait and tag me in the air as well... cool

GGs omni.
Connection was a bit more spotty than before but not too bad.
Pretty much at a loss when to press a button against you sometimes.

GGs omni.
Connection was a bit more spotty than before but not too bad.
Pretty much at a loss when to press a button against you sometimes.
lol well Cammy has much better buttons...first thing is download FAT on your phone and look at frame data, then you'll see when it's "your turn" more easily.

lol well Cammy has much better buttons...first thing is download FAT on your phone and look at frame data, then you'll see when it's "your turn" more easily.

It's moreso the sequence of things that throws me off, I need more practice in "seeing" it happen instead of "knowing" in my head that I can do something now, because it makes me hesitate.

Vice

E6YKHyn.png

Now he says h'e'll be back Esports is god.

Zackat

so I am kinda noticing that my buttons are sometimes sticking while I am playing online matches. like I will continue charging a fireball on laura after I let go on a button. Or I will do a j.lp instead of j.lk. I have been trying to replicate it in training mode to no avail. Could this be some sort of desync?

this happened too many times for it to be a coincidence. sometimes I would stand spamming light punch or something like that.

Maybe it is my shitty madcatz stick finally getting fucky

edit: oh great I am getting it to do it in training mode now. noooooo

Man, I mained T. Hawk in USFIV and even I don't want him back.

I'll take Poison ASAP tho. Yo Sneakers how fashionably late is my gurl gonna arrive?
You will when he gets a fresh to death makeover that he so richly needs and deserves. I've already got the concept ready to go.

Capcom, call me.

Does Capcom not know hot to remove AA jabs?

No but at least they fixed shadow dithering right?

RIGHT!?

QUOTE=Bob White;238755012]Yeah...the cage fall desyncs the game. Certain of it now.[/QUOTE]

Mashing/turbo button
Alt tab
Jaguar Cpu
Plugging/unplugging usb
And now stages.

But hey battle lounge displays flags right?

Zackat

is there no way to be able to just autoupload all my matches to a youtube channel?

that would be so fucking nice. having to view them in the game client is a pain in the ass.

I am kinda tired of being stuck right around gold so I need to start doing that crap.

is there no way to be able to just autoupload all my matches to a youtube channel?

that would be so fucking nice. having to view them in the game client is a pain in the ass.

I am kinda tired of being stuck right around gold so I need to start doing that crap.

Your replays aren't videos, they are just tiny text files with input data so they can be loaded up super fast and have no performance impact during playing because the game isn't recording a "video".

JeTmAn81

so I am kinda noticing that my buttons are sometimes sticking while I am playing online matches. like I will continue charging a fireball on laura after I let go on a button. Or I will do a j.lp instead of j.lk. I have been trying to replicate it in training mode to no avail. Could this be some sort of desync?

this happened too many times for it to be a coincidence. sometimes I would stand spamming light punch or something like that.

Maybe it is my shitty madcatz stick finally getting fucky

edit: oh great I am getting it to do it in training mode now. noooooo

When's the last time you cleaned your buttons?

Just finished Nash's vol.2 trials. 10 was pretty difficult for me. Trying to hit side knee into m.sonic scythe immediately after c.hp was something I've never tried before.

Zackat

When's the last time you cleaned your buttons?

that's true, they might be filled with dust and crap. I always wash my hands before I play because I've seen some nasty shit. I don't have a bag over the top of my stick tho, so dust and hair could be all up in them.

I'll try cleaning them tomorrow.

Top Bottom