• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 156
Eku6JKL.jpg
Requiescat In Pace Mamoru Chiba

That was really cute.
Nice to see Chibiusa isn't entirely ungrateful to her mom.
Very strong episode all around, and some of the layouts were stunning. If Sailor Stars is half as good as what Igarashi showed here then I'm not that scared about Ikuhara leaving.
being seramun is suffering

cnet128

Banned
Love Lab Episode 3: We also have much in the way of yuri subext that may or may not evaporate if the series decides to live up to its goals, I do not forget that all of this love training is to find "the perfect boyfriend." Honestly, not sure how I feel about this series getting any kind of serious with the romance, that really is not what this show is about and I think if does do that, the show will sink quicker then a stone.

We should introduce them to the Yuru Yuri girls. They'd set 'em straight.

EDIT:

It's a pretty flawed concept anyway considering they have the Perfect Boyfriend already.

4Fgm1ZQ.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Love Lab Episode 3: We also have much in the way of yuri subext that may or may not evaporate if the series decides to live up to its goals, I do not forget that all of this love training is to find "the perfect boyfriend."
All-girls school run by uptight people with a ban on romance? Dude, this is the perfect setting for yuri to bloom in.

Jarmel

Banned
and most people prefer RahXephon to Eureka 7

Where on Earth did you get that impression? E7 beat Rah on the Neogaf top anime list, MAL scores for E7 are much higher, ANN scores for E7 are much higher, you never see RaXephon on top anime lists in Japan while once in a blue moon E7 pops up. Where did you get that notion?

Theonik

Eureka Seven 10
More backstory stuff this episode and more Renton abuse. Poor guy just can't get a break.
Eureka's also shifted in a weird depressed state now. Also I seriously hate the fact they feel like shoving the children in the mech every time now.
I'd also like to revise my theory.
Eureka isn't a straight android, but she's part of a military experiment. She's her 'sister' as it were.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
RPG Densetsu Hepoi 1

WGXnI3X.jpg

Where a naked Pinocchio pulls the sword from the stone grassy knoll to beat a half-dragon knight to the rights to save a diverse town of humans, half-dragon people, animal people, and tin men. Pretty standard kids fare otherwise, but with some elements that seem incredibly dumb(squat mecha gods! check your retro toy bargain bin today!), but also parts that could be ok. Already trying this for Miiya Miiya so who knows. Will probably watch a bit more before dropping.

trejo

Love Lab 3

I'm pretty much watching this because I dig the character designs and the smooth animation.

It also helps that the girl's antics are pretty entertaining. I like blue and red the best but orange is fine too. Green is a true bro.

RPG Densetsu Depoi 1

WGXnI3X.jpg

Wait... is this one that character
Dr. Comet
loves to draw? Interesting.

CorvoSol

Guh, don't even need to watch Casshern Sins to feel bad this morning. I went and buried the parakeet, got everything nice and solemn and spiritual and all, came inside and another one was dead. Kinda wondering if I should wait and see if the last living one dies before digging the grave for this one. Also if I should wait for my mother to see that this one has died before burying it. They're not really my parakeets and I find parakeets hard to relate to, and my mother sort of adopted them from my sister and always complains about them, but she's spent a lot of her time caring for these birds, and I just buried one without her say in where it should be buried, (but saved her the possible pain of having to think about it more/decide), and so I don't know what to do, especially because someone I do love did die recently and the birds dying in such rapid succession afterward is acting as something of a reminder of that and also making me draw terrible parallels of when my grandmother died six years ago and then the bird died right after and then the dog so now I'm like, kinda in a sort of weird, stomach in knots mode where I'm super worried about my dog (he seems perfectly fine and healthy and I don't think he's even ten yet) and also just sort of stressed and stuff about this.

TL;DR I buried a bird this morning and when I'd finished another one had just up and died, too.

Cwarrior

13530_original.gif

Oh my god

What did I do to deserve such a gift

fuuck yeeaaaaaaaah!
mourinho-celebrates-again.gif

frnXxyM.gif

what are the odds of two of the best animes of all time now returning with the top 3 running at the same time along side each other Hajime no ippo,hunter x hunter and one piece.

Even Akira Toriyama has come back with a new series it's truly been an extremely beautiful last 3 years for shounen fans.

Theonik

RPG Densetsu Hepoi 01
ikn8nLJa47aiG.png
ibwuPx2nI47guv.png
ifZSMqmtTAgoT.png

:Kayos/:cajun/:hito
Seems like a fairly standard child fantasy tale. You have your kid/human doll hero overcoming impossible odds, his companions. The evil king who has a mecha castle shaped in his actual image, legends etc. Quite a bit of anthropomorphism (there's even golem people and slime people all living in harmony!) too. Eh, not too special, I'll probably leave it to Hito to get through it as he can at least understand what they are saying beyond trying to guess.
Show seems to have a bit of Pixiv presence so I will assume it was at least moderately popular combined with a large DVD box release. (Pixiv link NSFW, maybe.)

cnet128

Banned
Lol ..

Good for you all trying that suicide ...

i prefer the serious approach

Serious approach or no serious approach, that's still no excuse for these generic-looking newcomers with their tiny hats trying to steal the show from the real Milky Holmes we all know and love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom