• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code Geass Akito the Exiled 3

wZiSGa9.jpg
s4z46kv.jpg
MBsIfjG.jpg

I was dying at Ayano's uniform for the first 10 minutes. When you make Kallen look conservative you have a problem. I would post pictures but I don't want to get [REDACTED] so just check my Twitter if you are curious. Oh and there are gypsies. And they are swindlers. Of course. They like to strip women naked as gypsies are known to do? But don't worry because they like to get a good handling on man-ass too. This is passing R2 levels. Of course we are talking about Jean D'arc because the only historical character Japan loves more than Nobunaga is Jean D'arc. Apparently there was some Jean D'arc shit in the Nightmare of Nunnaly manga having to to with C.C. in the hundred years war thus TOTALLY confirming my theory Leila is C.C. somehow, this is Geass anything is possible. Speaking of C.C, there were some interesting reveals in this episode. I didn't actually expect for anyone to figure out Zero being Kingsley in the third episode. And Leila has some kind of contract with C.C. (IT WORKS) Still expecting some kind of twist on that since they look so similar. Also is Suzaku just not giving Lelouch water so he can watch him suffer? In that almost-last scene with Koyasu you can see Geass symbols on the pillars. I dunno what that means.

So if you only care about this - Lelouch and Suzaku get way more screentime then in 1 or 2, C.C. gets about 10 seconds in a flashback.

I'm going to guess someone dies in Part 4, because it really looks that way.

Mandelbo

The description Insight has on anichart cracks me up at how fantastically pretentious it sounds:

We want to know about ourselves
About the fact there is no "society" in our "country"
About "society" and "people" living in different worlds

Feeling and reason
What is crucial is "thinking," not "worrying"

Modern people are too "fast" — we breath shallow and quick
"We" are terrible at being slow and deep

It's like they just put quotations around words in an effort to sound intelligent

jgminto

'Tis the season of bans.

'Tis also the season for a light watch schedule, my current planned shows are most likely Dragon Ball, Gangsta, Himouto! Umaru-chan, Prison School and Ushio to Tora. Umaru-chan is the only one I'm actually excited to watch right now.

-Tits
-Grandmas gypsies swindlers
-Gypsie cosplay
-Cringe with the "humor"
-40% of the episode is R&R buddy time where the plot doesn't advance, given the general slowness of this ova series (because their annual schedule) I don't think it was a good choice.
-Everyone has secretly a geass applied! This one done by
our very own C.C, which had met the girl before. It makes feel the world small and cramped.
-How to plunge a continent in chaos, despair and riots with a fake video and a few viral marketers. Sounds legit.
-Twists! C.C is
related to some secret weird order of "guardians of spacetime". Lol.
-Spinzaku!
-Totally gratuitous and senseless battle scene. We have A starting the fight trying to kill B, and even when he wins the fight, he lets B alive and doing plans against their interests?? (because the main plot couldn't continue otherwise). And B trying to kill C and doesn't do it when he has a clear chance, change of heart.
-And really, not a lot happens, it feels a episode of "in between" arcs.

Mailbox

Youre not supposed to like anything from KyoAni.

I really don't think anyone can hate hyouka.

Also, I'm curious about this season's anime.
I can't gauge if they are gonna be good or bad. Stuff like Jitsu wa Watashi wa and God Eater could go HORRIBLY wrong, but could also work. This seems to hold true for pretty much everything. Even working!!! (which I love the first 2 seasons, I just worry that if they don't try some new things that some of the main stay jokes and gags will run dry.)

Basically, this could be better or worse than spring and i have no idea which way its heading. I'm excited.

cajunator

Banned
I really don't think anyone can hate hyouka.

Also, I'm curious about this season's anime.
I can't gauge if they are gonna be good or bad. Stuff like Jitsu wa Watashi wa and God Eater could go HORRIBLY wrong, but could also work. This seems to hold true for pretty much everything. Even working!!! (which I love the first 2 seasons, I just worry that if they don't try some new things that some of the main stay jokes and gags will run dry.)

Basically, this could be better or worse than spring and i have no idea which way its heading. I'm excited.

theres a lot of risky stuff this season.
The manga seems well recieved so Im hopeful.

'Tis the season of bans.

'Tis also the season for a light watch schedule, my current planned shows are most likely Dragon Ball, Gangsta, Himouto! Umaru-chan, Prison School and Ushio to Tora. Umaru-chan is the only one I'm actually excited to watch right now.

You call that light, I call it a full slate lol.

-Everyone has secretly a geass applied! This one done by
our very own C.C, which had met the girl before. It makes feel the world small and cramped.
-Twists! C.C is
related to some secret weird order of "guardians of spacetime". Lol.

I agree that the "everyone has met C.C. once because she is 800 years old" thing is really gratuitous in pretty much every spinoff but the guardians of spacetime thing seems to fit into what C.C. and V.V. and this new one at the end of Akito 3 do. There's a whole race of them. Okay they probably aren't really a race because of how the power is passed down but whatever

Mailbox

theres a lot of risky stuff this season.
The manga seems well recieved so Im hopeful.

You call that light, I call it a full slate lol.

Yeah, the Jitsu wa watashi wa manga is pretty darn good, but a lot of the humor and emotion is found in the unique (though i will admit hard to get used to) facial designs of the characters. The anime's change of this could really impact it in a negative way, which worries me/

Don't we all

Oh, and wall of shame:
Code:
cajunator	792
Cornbread78	665
names2hard4you	419
MetroidPrimeRib	417
AquaWateria	389
Arcadius	290
firehawk12	257
Puruzi	252
Shard	215
KenjiGlove	215
Narag	211
R_thanatos	210
Jarmel	202
Admiral Woofington	201
Angry Grimace	192
TUSR	179
Midonin	162
javac	157
nintendoman58	154
Theonik	148
Phatmac	147
wonzo	143
NaDannMaGoGo	139
Vito	136
effingvic	135
Mandelbo	127
phaze	126
ultimatemegax	123
ibyea	122
Dedication Through Light	110
phoenix296	100
I'm no where in sight. Good. I cannot be blamed for anything that happens. Ban the top 11.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, the Jitsu wa watashi wa manga is pretty darn good, but a lot of the humor and emotion is found in the unique (though i will admit hard to get used to) facial designs of the characters. The anime's change of this could really impact it in a negative way, which worries me/

Which show is that? In english.

phaze

Which show is that? In english.

The Truth is I am ...

I forgot Durarara starts again. I've persevered through the winter cour but if this one isn't going to substantially improve in the first 3 eps, i don't think I'm going to bother anymore.

Wonder if even Hirao can salvage this mess. Too bad, I would've liked to see him working on UBW (or the HF film) instead of Miura.

I guess Hirao chose the adaption that offered him more creative freedom? Too bad it is also the less popular franchise and thus got sacrificed for UBW.

I agree that the "everyone has met C.C. once because she is 800 years old" thing is really gratuitous in pretty much every spinoff but the guardians of spacetime thing seems to fit into what C.C. and V.V. and this new one at the end of Akito 3 do. There's a whole race of them. Okay they probably aren't really a race because of how the power is passed down but whatever

The part that is discovered she
was/is a member of a... group? race? order? something? isn't bad. It's understandable. I was complaining more of the delivery, of the execution. They are guarding the "balance of space and time". That sounds so trite.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If something in the OP isn't working (some FN shows) or you make an OT let me know

bed time

Can you re-link to the [thread=968855]Cindy Gals thread[/thread] again?

Not that I expect anyone to post in it. ;__;

Wait i have no idea what happenned last night .. so new thread ? i guess summmer already started since jarmel is banned.

Still not in the top 10, i guess i need to continue playing witcher 3..

Is Working! any good? Never watched season 1+2

It's fun. Watch the first three episodes or something and if you aren't completely put off by Inami or Takanashi by then you'll be good.
The show definitetly gets better over time. probably because of Yamada.

duckroll

And maybe Bones new original show leaked?
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/65359

Direct by Mizushima Seiji

Yes this is the one. Aikawa was talking about it back in May! Concrete Revolutio Chojin Genso is quite a mouthful!

Earlier today:

I have it on good authority that there is a major BONES announcement at AX which has a banner hanging on the LA Convention Center right now.
http://www.yosensha.co.jp/book/b199501.html

In this tokusatsu magazine which was released in May, there is an interview with Aikawa where he talked about a big new project called Chojin Genso (Superhero Fantasy), which is supposed to be some sort of Watchmen-like alternate history contemporary thing with Japanese style superheroes instead.

Cornbread78

Ugghh, nice to see the new thread uo after 4 hours sleep, damn dog... Going back to bed. But first a wish for al my brothers and sisters in AnimeGAF, please keep this thread from being a sea of gray through the summer. .

Going back to bed now..

jgminto

Gintama° 13
This was the first contained story episode that matched the quality of previous seasons. It has all the elements of the best standalone episodes, a simple and easily relatable core concept, a fantastic recurring joke that maintains its quality for the entire episode, a variety of regulars that are all used well, a dramatic moment to break up the laughs while at the same time leading into a touching ending. The choice to bring in different female characters as the episode progressed definitely elevated the episode and stopped the simple story from petering out halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom